• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It turns out that the whole National Dex controversy is all just a huge misunderstanding by the fans because Game Freak wanted to save the remaining Pokemon for the Gen 4 remakes (maybe, we just do not know). Do you remember when most of the Hoenn Pokemon (along with other Pokemon from the other gens) were missing from XY? That's because they had to save them for ORAS.

That wouldn't really be a "misunderstanding", because we cannot, and might not ever, be able to transfer the missing Pokemon to SwSh. It would soften the blow though, if all of your Pokemon are obtainable in at least 1 game per generation, because then someone's favorite Pokemon isn't just rotting in Home for eons. This scenario reminds me more of FRLG, than ORAS really. Because after RS, everyone was upset that they couldn't transfer their old favorites from RBY and GSC, and some of the old Pokemon not being in RS at all made me worry that the missing ones would be gone for good. But then Colosseum, FRLG, XD, and Emerald happened and they just added the missing ones back.

That wouldn't really be a "misunderstanding", because we cannot, and might not ever, be able to transfer the missing Pokemon to SwSh. It would soften the blow though, if all of your Pokemon are obtainable in at least 1 game per generation, because then someone's favorite Pokemon isn't just rotting in Home for eons. This scenario reminds me more of FRLG, than ORAS really. Because after RS, everyone was upset that they couldn't transfer their old favorites from RBY and GSC, and some of the old Pokemon not being in RS at all made me worry that the missing ones would be gone for good. But then Colosseum, FRLG, XD, and Emerald happened and they just added the missing ones back.

Wait, this is the 1st National Dex controversy when it comes to Ruby an Sapphire. Like years before Sword and Shield existed?

Wait, this is the 1st National Dex controversy when it comes to Ruby an Sapphire. Like years before Sword and Shield existed?
I don't know if it was a controversy per say, since I wasn't around in the fandom at this time, but it was similar to what went on now with a few key differences.

Essentially, Pokemon from the gen 1 and gen 2 games could not be transferred to any gen 3 games, though all Pokemon were included in the code of those games.

Essentially, Pokemon from the gen 1 and gen 2 games could not be transferred to any gen 3 games, though all Pokemon were included in the code of those games.

This leads us to one question, can Game Freak update the code of Sword and Shield when the Gen 4 remakes came out?

I think I'm going to need you to elaborate. They look pretty similar to me, but maybe I'm overlooking something.
Oh, sure! I'm used to immediately thinking of the two as different because I've tried making edits of them and seeing they don't mesh, but their styles are pretty similar, but not quite the same! Here's a few side by side comparisons pulled from Bulbapedia:
1603670615973.png
1603670630931.png

1603670769551.png
1603670779310.png

1603671098596.png
1603671106618.png

It turns out that the whole National Dex controversy is all just a huge misunderstanding by the fans because Game Freak wanted to save the remaining Pokemon for the Gen 4 remakes (maybe, we just do not know). Do you remember when most of the Hoenn Pokemon (along with other Pokemon from the other gens) were missing from XY? That's because they had to save them for ORAS.
No, the National Dex controversy is about people not being able to transfer their Pokemon, not that it's not available in the wild in the game. It'd also be a pretty bad move on Game Freak's part to just let people get upset about that and not mention that the next game would include all missing Pokemon if that was really what the plan was.

And out of the 106 species introduced in Gen 4, we have 58 of them obtainable in SwSh, more than half.
Shinx, Luxio Luxray, Budew, Roserade, Combee, Vespiqueen, Mothin, Cherubi, Shellos, Gastrodon, Drifloon, Driftblim, Buneary, Lopunny, Stunky, Skuntank, Bronzong, Bronzor, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Spiritomb, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Munchlax, Riolu, Lucario, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Mantyke, Snover, Abomasnow, Weavile, Magnezone, Hippopotas, Hippowdown, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Dialga, Palkia, Regigas, Giratina, Cresselia
And true, it's missing the starters, Pikaclone, and regional bird/rodent, but it also has pretty well-known Sinnoh mons like the Creation Trio, the pseudo, and Lucario.

Oh, sure! I'm used to immediately thinking of the two as different because I've tried making edits of them and seeing they don't mesh, but their styles are pretty similar, but not quite the same! Here's a few side by side comparisons pulled from Bulbapedia:
View attachment 137315View attachment 137316
View attachment 137317View attachment 137318
View attachment 137319View attachment 137320

No, the National Dex controversy is about people not being able to transfer their Pokemon, not that it's not available in the wild in the game. It'd also be a pretty bad move on Game Freak's part to just let people get upset about that and not mention that the next game would include all missing Pokemon if that was really what the plan was.

And out of the 106 species introduced in Gen 4, we have 58 of them obtainable in SwSh, more than half.
Shinx, Luxio Luxray, Budew, Roserade, Combee, Vespiqueen, Mothin, Cherubi, Shellos, Gastrodon, Drifloon, Driftblim, Buneary, Lopunny, Stunky, Skuntank, Bronzong, Bronzor, Bonsly, Mime Jr, Happiny, Spiritomb, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Munchlax, Riolu, Lucario, Skorupi, Drapion, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Mantyke, Snover, Abomasnow, Weavile, Magnezone, Hippopotas, Hippowdown, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Dialga, Palkia, Regigas, Giratina, Cresselia
And true, it's missing the starters, Pikaclone, and regional bird/rodent, but it also has pretty well-known Sinnoh mons like the Creation Trio, the pseudo, and Lucario.
Yeah. Sword and Shield and the Expansion Passes already have a lot of the Sinnoh Pokemon already covered.

View attachment 137315View attachment 137316
View attachment 137317View attachment 137318
View attachment 137319View attachment 137320

But out of the Sinnoh Pokemon in Sword and Shield, most of non-legendaries are part of another generation's evolutionary line. There are still a large number of purely Gen 4 non-legendary Pokemon still missing from the dex, including the obvious fossils.

But out of the Sinnoh Pokemon in Sword and Shield, most of non-legendaries are part of another generation's evolutionary line. There are still a large number of purely Gen 4 non-legendary Pokemon still missing from the dex, including the obvious fossils.
Most of the ones that are popular are already in Sword and Shield, and this is a problem not exclusive to Sinnoh.

Yes, each generation is actually represented pretty equally for the most part. Who is and is not included is not really indicative of a remake for any generation. Although, it does feel slightly weighted toward gen 2 and 4. Also, Gens 2 and 4 didn't receive legendary story missions in Crown Tundra. The only other gen not to have one is 6, but 6 didn't have a trio of any kind and rehashing the Zygarde cell quest would have been boring. All of this doesn't really get us anywhere because logic dictates that one of the two is the most likely candidate for a game next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom