• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOSS?
200px-Boss.png

Very unlikely, most likely this boss is the Hunter's boss

Goh battling and catching a legendary fair-and-square and letting it live amongst a few dozen friends where all of it’s needs are met and more is completely different from hunters ganging up on it with traps and technology that can permanently hurt it and then most likely keeping it in harsh conditions and/or selling it.

I don’t think Goh is going to catch Suicune nor do I want him to, but there is a clear difference between them, their methods, and their intentions.

Goh battling and catching a legendary fair-and-square and letting it live amongst a few dozen friends where all of it’s needs are met and more is completely different from hunters ganging up on it with traps and technology that can permanently hurt it and then most likely keeping it in harsh conditions and/or selling it.

I don’t think Goh is going to catch Suicune nor do I want him to, but there is a clear difference between them, their methods, and their intentions.
Yeah. Goh is a Gary Stu at catching but he cares for his Pokémon the unlike those poachers who just want it to sell it 4 money. Also the poachers just catch them with nets and torture it.

No Chloe really dampens my excitement for this one, not gonna lie. I was massively bummed to not see her on the VA list.

I still would rather not see Goh catch a legendary Pokémon, especially since this one is injured and being hunted down. I feel like he learned a really good lesson during his encounter with Zapdos and would like to see him continue to have and further deepen that understanding.

I still would rather not see Goh catch a legendary Pokémon, especially since this one is injured and being hunted down. I feel like he learned a really good lesson during his encounter with Zapdos and would like to see him continue to have and further deepen that understanding.
Maybe he can learn to use more than just basic Pokeballs? Like Great Balls, Ultra Balls, or Apricorn Balls.

Honestly, while I liked Lugia's brief role in the second episode and the Zapdos battle had a nice end at least, the writers don't seem to know what to do with legendary-driven episodes. Ho-Oh, Celebi and Mewtwo all got the short end of the stick, and Suicune seems to be a damsel in distress. I've lost interest, but then I can't say that past series were much better in this department as far as I'm concerned (at least Suicune got some lore and plot relevance in Johto).

Maybe he can learn to use more than just basic Pokeballs? Like Great Balls, Ultra Balls, or Apricorn Balls.

Unfortunately, the anime hates using anything other than normal Poké Balls for the most part with only a few notable exceptions. I suppose the normal Poké Ball is iconic, but still.

I would love to see that. It was fun to see a few different poke balls utilized in SM, but I tend to agree with the users above me that it's unlikely we'll see that, unfortunately.

Even if he had access to those kinds of poke balls, though, I still wouldn't really want to see Goh catch a legendary Pokémon. Just feels contradictory to what he learned and accepted with Zapdos.

A scenario I was considering was Ash and Goh arriving to see Suicune in distress, the two defeating the hunters (perhaps with Suicune helping), the hunters are arrested by Officer Jenny, Suicune recovers, and possibly offers to battle Goh for a chance to catch it, which is likely not going to succeed, however. Or Goh decides to let Suicune go, that's also a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom