• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did none of the poachers considering capturing it first? I swear, most of the time these poachers would capture it successfully and get away if they just used a Poké Ball.

Either way, I’m guessing Goh and Suicune will bond throughout the episode and then they’ll have to part ways near the end.

Did none of the poachers considering capturing it first? I swear, most of the time these poachers would capture it successfully and get away if they just used a Poké Ball.

Either way, I’m guessing Goh and Suicune will bond throughout the episode and then they’ll have to part ways near the end.
Yeah. I don't expect a permanent capture.

It's actually hilarious how on-the-nose this preview is regarding Goh's 'capture' of Suicune. Like this literally next level bait.

I'm just remembering how everyone was freaking out about Zapdos back then. That was crazy.

Last edited:
Proof that Suicune is the Pokémon being caught:

Screenshot_20210122-172615.png

Screenshot_20210122-172629~2.png

1) It's clearly taken damage. Illusion is undone if the user takes damage.

2) That ice seems like it was made by Suicune. Illusion can't copy a Pokémon's abilities, only appearance.
Then it is a Ditto or a Mew

Eusine is robbed.He might want to kill Go.
Goh better run before the twitter hate commands and eusine murder him.

Eusine has spent his whole life searching for Suicune and Ash & Goh probably find it less than 5 minutes into the episode, lmao.
I'm interested in how this will be handled. It'll be good development for Goh to release a legendary that has a mission it wants to accomplish in the wild.
It continues on what he did in the last episode with Dugtrio.

An 8-month-old boy catches a legend, but 24-year-old is Ash. Only friends remain with the legends. What a justice

The way I see things developing:

Ash and Gou meet Suicune at the lake. Later poachers come and damage Suicune and Gou tries to do an emergency catch with Suicune deciding it would be safer to rest in the Pokéball protected by the kids rather than fight whilst wounded. By the end of the episode, Suicune is fully healed and Gou releases it and they part ways.

Gou gets to say he "caught" Suicune (as evidenced by its registry in his Dex) whilst the writers preserve the status-quo.

Throwing a Poke Ball at it is probably the smartest thing to do anyways. Even if it get's out of the Poke Ball, it's free from the trap. It's not a matter of who deserves it or the "importance of legendary Pokemon", it's a matter of saving it from poachers.

Goh simply knows that he has to save an injured Pokemon and the first thing he thinks of is to get it to safety by using a Poke Ball.

Throwing a Poke Ball at it is probably the smartest thing to do anyways. Even if it get's out of the Poke Ball, it's free from the trap. It's not a matter of who deserves it or the "importance of legendary Pokemon", it's a matter of saving it from poachers.

Goh simply knows that he has to save an injured Pokemon and the first thing he thinks of is to get it to safety by using a Poke Ball.
I'm also pretty sure Suicune allowed itself to be caught to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom