• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN053: Catch the Legend!? Find the Guardian of Water - Suicune!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Goh does not release Suicune, the value of the Pokemon anime will decrease. Paul Garry Ash and many other masters did not take legends. 7 month old non-fighting rookie would be both unreasonable, stupid and unfair if legend caught

If Goh does not release Suicune, the value of the Pokemon anime will decrease. Paul Garry Ash and many other masters did not take legends. 7 month old non-fighting rookie would be both unreasonable, stupid and unfair if legend caught
He is obviously not keeping it. Also Ash has a mythical an UB. Those are legendary

They've spent the last 20 episodes making Goh a better battler. If he used Pokemon like Cinderace, Scyther, Darmanitan, Golurk, Heracross, Flygon, and Aerodactyl, he could probably go toe-to-toe with a lesser tier Legendary. He already managed to damage Zapdos enough that Zapdos had to make a desperate, last-ditch effort to not be caught by summoning a lightning strike to break the Poke Ball from the outside since they couldn't break free from inside.

Either way, Goh isn't going to keep Suicune. He just captured something and gave it away for the greater good last episode. He'll do the same again here, even if it means he won't get to be friends with Suicune permanently. It'll most likely end with a "Let's meet again!" that will probably never come true.

Anyone else think it's suspicious that when Gou "throws" the Pokeball, it's nowhere to be seen in the in the air, and there is no impact with Suicune? This seems to be a clever escape plan where Gou pretends to catch Suicune to create a diversion. It's the equivalent of pretending to throw a dog toy but secretly hiding it behind your back.

Also, if Gou did catch Suicune, the ball wouldn't magically fly back into his hands. It would fall to the ground like all of his other captures. Again, the fact that this is being played for laughs in the preview is a dead giveaway.

Proof that Suicune is the Pokémon being caught:

Proof that the writers want you to think it's caught.

Anyone else think it's suspicious that when Gou "throws" the Pokeball, it's nowhere to be seen in the in the air, and there is no impact with Suicune? This seems to be a clever escape plan where Gou pretends to catch Suicune to create a diversion. It's the equivalent of pretending to throw a dog toy but secretly hiding it behind your back.

Also, if Gou did catch Suicune, the ball wouldn't magically fly back into his hands. It would fall to the ground like all of his other captures. Again, the fact that this is being played for laughs in the preview is a dead giveaway.

How would they fake the sparkles that the Poke Ball gives off? They would need to capture something for that effect to be given off.

Yeah. My guess is they simply don't show the part where it hits Suicune in the preview.
Or the part where the ball is thrown in the first place. All the characters turn to follow the arc of the imaginary ball that wasn't thrown (much like dogs do).

The sparkles are the mystery, although I don't doubt the writers' ability to come up with a contrived reason for that. Or, Gou simply caught another Pokemon at the start of the episode and they used that footage here to increase the shock factor.

Or the part where the ball is thrown in the first place. All the characters turn to follow the arc of the imaginary ball that wasn't thrown (much like dogs do).

The sparkles are the mystery, although I don't doubt the writers' ability to come up with a contrived reason for that. Or, Gou simply caught another Pokemon at the start of the episode and they used that footage here to increase the shock factor.

Why would the poachers believe anything was caught if they didn’t see the Poké Ball hit Suicune and turn it into the red energy or the sparkle effect? Along with that, the Rotom Phone says Suicune’s data get’s added to the Poké Dex. The Rotom Phone would somehow have to be in on it as well despite this most likely being an improvised on-the-spot plan.

Plus, what kind of escape plan puts everyone’s attention on the captive? Wouldn’t a smarter plan be to distract them upfront with a battle so they forget to watch Suicune in the back? By throwing a Poké Ball, they’re all going to be looking at Suicune.

The way I see things developing:

Ash and Gou meet Suicune at the lake. Later poachers come and damage Suicune and Gou tries to do an emergency catch with Suicune deciding it would be safer to rest in the Pokéball protected by the kids rather than fight whilst wounded. By the end of the episode, Suicune is fully healed and Gou releases it and they part ways.

Gou gets to say he "caught" Suicune (as evidenced by its registry in his Dex) whilst the writers preserve the status-quo.

Honestly, that's what I was thinking too. Suicune probably allowed itself to be caught by Goh because it probably felt like Goh had good intentions for it (depending on when Goh meets Suicune I can say whether or not this is justified or not) and that it would be safer for it to be caught by Goh than these poachers. Kinda like deciding to cut off a finger to save a whole hand.

In the circumstances of everything, I’m guessing that Ash and Goh were struggling to help, and seeing how Goh went to throw a Pokeball, Suicuine must have sensed it was better to be caught by him than the poachers. If Suicuine wasn’t being hunted, it would 100% break free. This idea makes me slightly more comfortable with the prospect of Goh catching it.

Still think Goh will release it later on, cause poor little Sobble will be outshined in every way as Goh’s water-type.

Since it’s lore that Lugia patrols over the legendary birds, meanwhile Ho-oh looks over the legendary dogs, I wonder if it’s a coincidence that we’ve only ran into Zapdos and Suicuine, since Lugia and Ho-oh have looked over both Ash and Goh early in the series? I know Mewtwo and Celebi have appeared, although Celebi was hidden from Goh knowing, but it’s a pattern I’ve just noticed. It’s only Gen 1 & 2 legendaries. I wonder if the pattern will follow and Articuno will be next, then Entei, or Moltres then Raikou.

They've spent the last 20 episodes making Goh a better battler. If he used Pokemon like Cinderace, Scyther, Darmanitan, Golurk, Heracross, Flygon, and Aerodactyl, he could probably go toe-to-toe with a lesser tier Legendary. He already managed to damage Zapdos enough that Zapdos had to make a desperate, last-ditch effort to not be caught by summoning a lightning strike to break the Poke Ball from the outside since they couldn't break free from inside.

Either way, Goh isn't going to keep Suicune. He just captured something and gave it away for the greater good last episode. He'll do the same again here, even if it means he won't get to be friends with Suicune permanently. It'll most likely end with a "Let's meet again!" that will probably never come true.
Honestly, it’s still ridiculous to think that Go is at the point of being able to take on low tier legendaries. As you said, Go has been getting better at battles for only 20 episodes, and even then, it’s not like he consistently trains his Pokémon. It was a spectacle when Ash’s Charizard, Sceptile and Pikachu were able to battle legendaries because they belong to a trainer who is an experienced battler and whose Pokémon have been through tons of training and experience. To even try to put Go on that level just cheapens the entire aspect of battling legendaries, something the writers have steadily been doing to cater to Go. He’s in numerous senses become a writer’s pet.

Honestly, it’s still ridiculous to think that Go is at the point of being able to take on low tier legendaries. As you said, Go has been getting better at battles for only 20 episodes, and even then, it’s not like he consistently trains his Pokémon. It was a spectacle when Ash’s Charizard, Sceptile and Pikachu were able to battle legendaries because they belong to a trainer who is an experienced battler and whose Pokémon have been through tons of training and experience. To even try to put Go on that level just cheapens the entire aspect of battling legendaries, something the writers have steadily been doing to cater to Go. He’s in numerous senses become a writer’s pet.

Regardless, they want Ash and Goh to be seen as equals, which is why they’ve been focusing more on Goh for the past 20 episodes. As seen with this series, Ash does most of his training off-screen, so while unfortunate, I don’t think it’s that hard to imagine that Goh does train with his Pokémon as well, at least as of the last 20 episodes where he became more interested in battles. Goh has joined in on Ash’s training before, after all. We have also seen that Pokémon like Scyther train themselves, and Heracross and Darmanitan train with each other. It’s not like all of his Pokémon sit around doing nothing all day. Goh has had Ash’s guidance every step of the way, and Goh has watched almost all of his battles. We’ve seen that Ash’s determination, confidence, and love for battles has rubbed off on Goh, and that has allowed him to get stronger and come out with more unique strategies.

All of it ends up coming down to the episodic nature of the series and their goal to show off every Pokémon, which has to include the legendaries to some extent. Is Goh’s development entirely believable? No. But they’ve set up Goh to be as important as Ash this series and they need Goh to be able to handle powerful threats on his own without Ash’s help, as I assume we’re only going to be encountering more and more powerful Pokémon, which will continue to include Legendaries.

tf is this shit, if someone catches a legend i want it to be a buildup not this childish episode.

I hope it's just a fake out like the dang. Zapdoes episode. Because if it isn't, then I'm flat out giving up on the anime for a while. Doesn't matter if Goh releases it or not, all it will do is make me hate Goh and his smug fanboys even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom