• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty Club

Confirm/deny: Misty is awesome.

• Confirm

Votes: 550 84.0%
  • Deny, also I support terrorism

Votes: 105 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didnt really have to become a leader. She just had to go home. There were probably some kind of tests, but Im sure she passed with flying colors ^_^

She didnt really have to become a leader. She just had to go home. There were probably some kind of tests, but Im sure she passed with flying colors ^_^

well if we're going all "anime" here I guess she was born into it but I'm sure in the "game" world she actually had to beat the elite four and then some other stuff, I think it would make an interesting manga

:smokin:

I dont think gym leaders have to beat the elite four. The elite 4 are the strongest trainers and gym leaders.. well, arent. They loose to regular trainers, so they cant be that good.

I like Misty in the games, anime, and manga. Thats pretty cool, since for other characters, I only like certain ones. Like with Jun/Pearl, I love his manga version, but game and anime are kinda annoying.

well actually in the games the Gym leaders aren't supposed to lose to regular trainers, its just you are playing as the strongest trainer in the world so you go and beat them all.

Hi everyone,i would like to join this club.Im a big Misty fan and she has always been my favorite character in this show.There is too many things to list why i like her,but one of the main reasons are her complex and great character and personality along with her passionate love for water pokemon.
She as character went through huge character development starting as short tempered girl exploding over every little thing developing into more mature and responsible person.Not to mention she is beautiful aswell,and is always there for her friends being ready to help them.
Those are just few traits about her character why i like her.To put it short and simple,Misty competely rocks!

With this said,im hoping that one day she will return to the main cast,and even though chances for this are rather slim(especially after that interview),hope is still alive in my case.She definitely deserves to return.

I dont think gym leaders have to beat the elite four. The elite 4 are the strongest trainers and gym leaders.. well, arent. They loose to regular trainers, so they cant be that good.

Thats pretty much true.E4 members are miles away in strenght and skill level compare to gym leaders(both in anime and games),and someone doesnt need to challenge them to become gym leader.We already saw how someone become gym leader in "Cerulean Blues".
Also gym leaders doesnt lose only to regular trainers,but rookies aswell(otherwise beginners would never be able to qualify for pokemon league).

well actually in the games the Gym leaders aren't supposed to lose to regular trainers, its just you are playing as the strongest trainer in the world so you go and beat them all.

Well,not exactly you start as rookie in pokemon games aswell,and they really arent that hard to beat.When i used to play games(now not so much) i ddnt had problems beating them as beginner(especially the first few gyms),they really arent that much of a problem.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,i would like to join this club.Im a big Misty fan and she has always been my favorite character in this show.There is too many things to list why i like her,but one of the main reasons are her complex and great character and personality along with her passionate love for water pokemon.
She as character went through huge character development starting as short tempered girl exploding over every little thing developing into more mature and responsible person.Not to mention she is beautiful aswell,and is always there for her friends being ready to help them.
Those are just few traits about her character why i like her.To put it short and simple,Misty competely rocks!

With this said,im hoping that one day she will return to the main cast,and even though chances for this are rather slim(especially after that interview),hope is still alive in my case.She definitely deserves to return.

Thats pretty much true.E4 members are miles away in strenght and skill level compare to gym leaders(both in anime and games),and someone doesnt need to challenge them to become gym leader.We already saw how someone become gym leader in "Cerulean Blues".
Also gym leaders doesnt lose only to regular trainers,but rookies aswell(otherwise beginners would never be able to qualify for pokemon league).

Well,not exactly you start as rookie in pokemon games aswell,and they really arent that hard to beat.When i used to play games(now not so much) i ddnt had problems beating them as beginner(especially the first few gyms),they really arent that much of a problem.

to clarify one main difference between game and anime

anime = anyone pretty much enters the Pokemon League
Game = only a few select people get to enter

anime = badges are easy pickin
Game = only the best of the best get em

anime = Pokemon league/ tournament
Game= Pokemon League/ Elite Four plus the last master

and since its an RPG of course you start out weak but your skill is what makes you the best and you pretty much beat all of the best trainers in the world :smokin:

so yeah the anime has made it seem like Gym leaders are just easy ways to get into a tournament when in the game Gym leaders are challenging opponents so that way you can become Pokemon Master (do realize there is only one pokemon master)

so yeah the anime has made it seem like Gym leaders are just easy ways to get into a tournament when in the game Gym leaders are challenging opponents so that way you can become Pokemon Master (do realize there is only one pokemon master)

I know how game mechanic works,and its pretty much obvious that anime=/=games.I was mainly stating how E4 members in both anime and games are on higher level and stronger than gym leaders,thats all.That and how in anime gym leaders arent that strong.Everything else what is different from games you pretty much covered.

I know how game mechanic works,and its pretty much obvious that anime=/=games.I was mainly stating how E4 members in both anime and games are on higher level and stronger than gym leaders,thats all.That and how in anime gym leaders arent that strong.Everything else what is different from games you pretty much covered.

which is why I'd like to see a manga about Kasumi and her journey to become a gym leader (you know according to how the game goes :smokin:)

which is why I'd like to see a manga about Kasumi and her journey to become a gym leader (you know according to how the game goes :smokin:)

I guess that would be good,but isnt Misty already a gym leader in manga?Besides to become one(not talking only about anime)someone doesnt need to challenge E4 or anything like that(perhaps some task but certainly not this).

In my case i would rather like that Misty returns to the show.That way she could further her goal of becoming water pokemon master.

Completely properly!
Since what has become from her dream to become the best Wasser-Pokemon trainer, after she became the Gym-Leader.

Nevertheless, she cannot have forgotten him. So so must take up her dream sometime again.

Nevertheless, she cannot have forgotten him. So so must take up her dream sometime again.

Its not that Misty forgotten about her goal,its more that she needs to take care about gym because of her incompetent sisters who arent realible enough to leave it in their hands.Granted gym can partially serve her as somekind of stepping stone towards her goal,but she cant achieve it only as a gym leader.Misty would probably rather want to travell with her friends making further progress toward her dream,but she cant because of some certain issues.

Of course this is only from anime aspect which could be easily taken care of.The real problem lies in writers who dont realize how great move would be to return her.

p.s.I apologize if it goes against rules for me posting here.Im not sure if im accepted to join this club.

I guess that would be good,but isnt Misty already a gym leader in manga?Besides to become one(not talking only about anime)someone doesnt need to challenge E4 or anything like that(perhaps some task but certainly not this).

In my case i would rather like that Misty returns to the show.That way she could further her goal of becoming water pokemon master.

no I mean like a prequel manga about her becoming a gym leader,
of course she is already one

Misty's a gym leader in the manga and games, so I think it fits that shes a leader in the anime.

what happened to all the older Misty fans? None of them have posted here for a loooong time.

Misty's a gym leader in the manga and games, so I think it fits that shes a leader in the anime.

what happened to all the older Misty fans? None of them have posted here for a loooong time.

I'm one of the old ones, just haven't posted till recently :smokin:

Completely properly!
Since what has become from her dream to become the best Wasser-Pokemon trainer, after she became the Gym-Leader.

I'm geussing you used Google translator form original German right?
either way, yeah!
another good spin off would be one about Kasumi's adventures becoming the greatest water pokemon trainer ever.

or maybe a complete anthology manga aobut Kasumie, starting out, becoming a gym leader, then going on a journey to catch the best water pokemon and become the water master.

what do you think?

Except that anime=/=manga,games.Her goal was never to become gym leader,but water pokemon master(implies being greatest or one of the greatest water type trainers in the world).The same goes with Brock who is also gym leader in manga,games but in anime he has different goal just like Misty has.

another good spin off would be one about Kasumi's adventures becoming the greatest water pokemon trainer ever.

or maybe a complete anthology manga aobut Kasumie, starting out, becoming a gym leader, then going on a journey to catch the best water pokemon and become the water master.

I agree,either one of this options would be great,but somehow i doubt it would happen.Most likely the only thing she will get is another cameo,at best that would be full time return of course,but sadly chances for this are extremely low.

Last edited:
I agree,either one of this options would be great,but somehow i doubt it would happen.Most likely the only thing she will get is another cameo,at best that would be full time return of course,but sadly chances for this are extremely low.

well what if someone wrote a doujinshi?
well ok yeah its probably not likely, but who knows I mean she is pretty popular!
so who would you like to see do the art for such a crazy Doujin/Spin-off?

I'd say Mato (old PokeSupe guy) if his hand got better, he has a good style for pokemon...

well what if someone wrote a doujinshi?
well ok yeah its probably not likely, but who knows I mean she is pretty popular!
so who would you like to see do the art for such a crazy Doujin/Spin-off?

I'd say Mato (old PokeSupe guy) if his hand got better, he has a good style for pokemon...

Well im not sure,i have heard that both Yamamoto and Mato are pretty good artists,but i would probably go with Mato.From my humble knowleadge,he would be the right person for this job.

With this being said,even though this isnt very likely it would be cool if something like this actually happened.

yeah chances are with his hand condition hes not going to be drawing any manga :D

but honestly I'm not a big Yamamoto fan, it contrasts the series to much....

anyway, yes mooties a Kasumi manga would be awesome

how I could see this even possibly happening would be in like a Gym leader collection (1 tankoubon per gym leader, each telling a story of there journeys becoming a gym leader )

but lets be serious aKasumi manga dedicated to her alone is very unlikely

all though, on an almost un related subject, wasn't there a pokemon chronicles episode aobut her?

how was it, I never saw?

can someone youtube link me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom