• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

Hey now, don't let him push you around like that! Anyone else strike you as particularly scummy so far? For instance, the one(s) who claimed to be Mafia?
Still not sure whether or not to take that claim seriously.

Max, you’re really starting to give me Pokémon vs. Digimon Mafia vibes here, and I don’t like it.
I would suggest doing as Caps says below and analyzing the other players in the game.

Aside from Fatima, a little bit for the claim, nobody stands out to me just yet. Also, what game was that again?

Also, what game was that again?
That was the game where I managed to wombo-combo the scum team and Town never had a single mislynch. In fact, poor HD was the only Town member to die at all during that game.

You were our D1 Lynch because of how incredibly wishy-washy you were.
Seth was our D2 Lynch, because of his role claim and his attempted distancing tactics from busted scum DarthWolf.
Darth was going to be our D3 Lynch, with Space busted as Godfather, but they both surrendered, because the game outcome was inevitable.

That was the game where I managed to wombo-combo the scum team and Town never had a single mislynch. In fact, poor HD was the only Town member to die at all during that game.

You were our D1 Lynch because of how incredibly wishy-washy you were.
Seth was our D2 Lynch, because of his role claim and his attempted distancing tactics from busted scum DarthWolf.
Darth was going to be our D3 Lynch, with Space busted as Godfather, but they both surrendered, because the game outcome was inevitable.
I suppose it's been a while because I don't remember any of it anymore. :p

Anyway, back on topic, I do have a tendency to waver a bit after a decision, which has happened fairly frequently irl lately.

Aside from Fatima, a little bit for the claim, nobody stands out to me just yet.
Actually, you say this, and yet, literally above it in the same post, you said:
Still not sure whether or not to take that claim seriously.
Pro-tip. Don’t take the claim seriously when someone claims to be scum.
This isn’t to say that the player isn’t scum, but a lot of people do silly things like that even when they’re not scum. As noted above, I find it actually very bizarre that this is the driving force behind Caps voting and sticking to his vote.

Getting to the main problem with your post, though, you said that “nobody sticks out to you so far.”
A lot has happened in the game. People have come and posted. Serious votes have been made. Discussions have happened. Surely you have some thoughts on these issues, though you’ve already admitted that none of them were the reason for removing your vote from Space.

Even if you don’t have definitive reads on people, that’s okay. Just tell us what you’re thinking. Go back, look over posts, and comment on them. That gives us an idea of where your head is at.

…your vote on someone who is claiming Mafia. When several people have done so, and several people are known for doing so regardless of alignment.
This is your “serious” vote for the day. This is the gun you’re sticking to. After everything else that’s happened, this is the vote you’re making?
Way to play it not only incredibly safe, but also extremely noncommittal when trying to look like you’re committing to something.

Also, I never said people are scared of me. But I do have a very strong presence and can be extremely forceful.
I do, however, remember that you are scared of me. :p
The last game I played with Fatima, they claimed Mafia when they were Mafia and I believe they also outed scum members in the process. That's gamethrowing. I had a friend from offsite playing in that game and it really put a poor taste in their mouth. I'll let the MoD do their job if necessary, but for now I'm not taking any chances, no.

There's no reason for me to be scared of you. You just like feeding your ego a lot, that's all.

...Aaaaaand it gives me seratonin when you're wrong, which you definitely are on two things: 1. agreeing with Elieson's scumread on me, and 2. ignoring the fact that Fatima is mafia.

Again, you harp on the players who’ve claimed to be mafia. I’m not sure why this is the particular hill you want to die on.
Hey, it was you who was complaining that I wasn't really matching my "everyone is scum until proven innocent" playstyle. These guys are just making my job of weeding out the town from the mafia that much easier. ;)

Now, answer my questions that you've conveniently ignored:
  1. Why are you continuing to "harp" on Max, when, as I stated above, his responses to you seem genuinely towny (the Space vote nonwithstanding)? Do you think he is scummy? Did you think he was scummy before his responses to you? Do you still think he is scummy?
  2. Are you Fatima's scumbuddy? And for someone who likes to rely a whole lot on meta to the point where you'll remember unmemorable games from over five or six years ago, why are you ignoring the obvious meta here? I can find the game for you if you want. It was a fairly recent one, I think it was last year. At least I distinctly remember making wallposts in the game on my phone while sitting on the toilet in my little house on the hill down in Charlottesville.

Actually, you say this, and yet, literally above it in the same post, you said:

Pro-tip. Don’t take the claim seriously when someone claims to be scum.
This isn’t to say that the player isn’t scum, but a lot of people do silly things like that even when they’re not scum. As noted above, I find it actually very bizarre that this is the driving force behind Caps voting and sticking to his vote.

Getting to the main problem with your post, though, you said that “nobody sticks out to you so far.”
A lot has happened in the game. People have come and posted. Serious votes have been made. Discussions have happened. Surely you have some thoughts on these issues, though you’ve already admitted that none of them were the reason for removing your vote from Space.

Even if you don’t have definitive reads on people, that’s okay. Just tell us what you’re thinking. Go back, look over posts, and comment on them. That gives us an idea of where your head is at.
I have yet to estimate chances for other players, but Caps is less likely Mafia.

@Maniacal Engineer Here's the game:

Fatima claims mafia in #362. Reconfirms in #364. HD notes that this is (again!!!!!!) not the first time they have done this in #367. Says they're trying to draw attention away from jdthebud in #389.

Fatima piled on with votes throughout D1. Elim'd at the end of the day, flips as Mafia in #446.

Night 1, jdthebud is killed, flips as Mafia in #480.

I won't disagree that claiming Mafia is not inherently scummy. I did so as town in this very game right at the beginning. However, I believe there is logical reasoning behind believing this one at least.

I won't disagree that claiming Mafia is not inherently scummy. I did so as town in this very game right at the beginning. However, I believe there is logical reasoning behind believing this one at least.
Hmm, interesting...I'll keep that in mind as another potential lynch option.

hmm but has fatima admitted it now? like, it mentions the word Mafia but it is kind of indirect?

The last game I played with Fatima, they claimed Mafia when they were Mafia and I believe they also outed scum members in the process. That's gamethrowing. I had a friend from offsite playing in that game and it really put a poor taste in their mouth. I'll let the MoD do their job if necessary, but for now I'm not taking any chances, no.
Number A, that’s not a game I’m familiar with, probably since it would have been during my hiatus or simply a game I never played.
I admit that this adds context to your vote and is really unsportsmanlike behavior from Fatima. However, follow up question, has Fatima ever claimed scum when they’ve been Town?
There's no reason for me to be scared of you. You just like feeding your ego a lot, that's all.
…says the guy who said he would Vig kill me N1 if he RNG’d vigilante, despite the fact that HumanDawn, Elieson, and Midorikawa are all vastly more experienced players than I am and are all in this game.
There is no logic behind this decision, so I can only assume it’s fear. :p
...Aaaaaand it gives me seratonin when you're wrong, which you definitely are on two things: 1. agreeing with Elieson's scumread on me, and 2. ignoring the fact that Fatima is mafia.
1. I said I liked the read, not that I agreed with it. I understand where Elieson was coming from when he made that particular read, and it jived with your performance in past games, while pointing out a contradiction between your behavior and your posts. It makes sense as a read.
2. The only thing I am ignoring is Fatima’s claim to be scum. For most people, this is an NAI thing. Yes, your added context above does make it more plausible that Fatima could be scum, but if this is truly gamethrowing behavior, then Fatima should be dealt with by the hosts, not by wildly throwing around votes.

As far as your questions, both seemed to be completely unserious, which is why I ignored them. The Max question was in a post where you asked my to Lynch you, so, I suppose, if you want me to take your question seriously, you also want me to vote for you.
But let me answer those now for you.

Are you Fatima's scumbuddy? And for someone who likes to rely a whole lot on meta to the point where you'll remember unmemorable games from over five or six years ago, why are you ignoring the obvious meta here? I can find the game for you if you want. It was a fairly recent one, I think it was last year. At least I distinctly remember making wallposts in the game on my phone while sitting on the toilet in my little house on the hill down in Charlottesville.
First, I’ve never been so insulted in my whole life. I don’t rely on meta, I rely on personality and characteristics of the individual players.
What’s the difference? Meta can change. People vary their plays and change their overall strategies and approaches to the game for each individual game they play.
Personality and characteristics do not change. Even when varying playstyle, certain things remain immutable. For example, I’m always a loudmouthed smartass. I said repeatedly that Max being vague and wishy-washy isn’t a matter of meta. It’s a matter of fact. We’ll get to that in a bit, though, this question is about Fatima.
No. I am not Fatima’s scum buddy, or anyone’s scum buddy for that matter, since I’m town. It should go without saying that, even if Fatima and I were scumbuddies, I would still deny it, so I didn’t take this question seriously.
As for remembering games from “years ago,” I’ve only played in less than 30 games, and I’ve got a good memory. Pokémon vs. Digimon Mafia, Prank Wars Mafia, and Guess Your Role Mafia were the last games I played before my hiatus. Guess Your Role was particularly memorable to me because of how chaotic it was, and how much I enjoyed screwing around during that game, and yet still managed to end up being he big hero.
On the other hand, expecting me to know about a game that I didn’t play in, and a game that probably took place while I was on hiatus, is kinda unreasonable, bub.
Why are you continuing to "harp" on Max, when, as I stated above, his responses to you seem genuinely towny (the Space vote nonwithstanding)? Do you think he is scummy? Did you think he was scummy before his responses to you? Do you still think he is scummy?
I continue to harp on Max because his responses don’t strike me as Townie. They strike me as being his usual vague self. I’m trying to understand where his head is at, and he keeps giving me fluff or vague responses.
It’s Max, so this isn’t entirely unexpected, but I am trying to get him to come out of his shell a bit.
What about his responses seems so Townie to you, and, again, if you expect me to take this question seriously, why shouldn’t I take the rest of the post seriously and Lynch you?
I have yet to estimate chances for other players, but Caps is less likely Mafia.
Why? Because of his post on his new playstyle?
On that note, would you agree with ME very slightly leaning scum for me?
Ah. Good. A genuine original read. What’s your reasoning for it?

I highly doubt Caps would bring up the whole 'Fatima admits Mafia' thing if they were scumbuddies.
He’s still assuming Fatima is scum solely based on Fatima claiming to be scum.
also, if what Caps says is true, and Fatima outed their scumbuddies the last time they claimed scum as scum, then it is very much something scum!Caps would do, to eliminate the possibility of being outed by a gamethrowing teammate.

On that note, would you agree with ME very slightly leaning scum for me?
ME could be scum, yes. I disagree with how he is focusing and wish he would use some of that big boy intimidation to intimidate some of the more experienced players. Then again, it’s not our fault that we’re the most active players right now so there is that as well.

hmm but has fatima admitted it now? like, it mentions the word Mafia but it is kind of indirect?
It is kind of indirect but also like very direct and to the point in saying “this is the exact place in the post which references my alignment.” Because the word Townie is also mentioned in ME’s quote in that same post but Fatima specifically directed away from that.

ME I’ll respond to your wall in a minute (gonna brb to shower) but for the time being: I was asking if you wanted me to find the game for you BECAUSE I knew you probably hadn’t read it. It was meant to be a gesture of good faith, if that’s what you were insulted by then it was unintentional. I mean, I never intend to insult unless i make it clear, yknow what i mean

He’s still assuming Fatima is scum solely based on Fatima claiming to be scum.
also, if what Caps says is true, and Fatima outed their scumbuddies the last time they claimed scum as scum, then it is very much something scum!Caps would do, to eliminate the possibility of being outed by a gamethrowing teammate.
That’s true except i’m already conf town

I disagree with how he is focusing and wish he would use some of that big boy intimidation to intimidate some of the more experienced players. Then again, it’s not our fault that we’re the most active players right now so there is that as well.
The more experienced players aren’t really home right now, as you mentioned, and most of them aren’t “intimidated” by me, as well they should not be.
As for my focus on the here and now, I’m trying to get as much accomplished as I can and quickly because, for me, the phase ends at 7pm or so this evening, and I won’t be around until well into N1, so I’ll talk to whatever players are actively around instead of trying to engage in conversation with someone who may not reply until after I’m gone for Sabbath, which is useless for any D1 reads.

if that’s what you were insulted by then it was unintentional.
Nah. What insulted me was your insinuation that I use meta to form reads on people. :p
That’s true except i’m already conf town
If I’m supposed to take all of your posts seriously now, when, where, and how did this happen?

Oh yeah @Max1996 i meant to add in reply to your asking me if i scumread ME; Its not strong enough that he’s on the list of people I wouldn’t mind eliminating today.
Fair enough. He's not quite up there for me either, but not too Town-y to me either.

I don't know...that would get as much attention on Caps as on Fatima...

Back
Top Bottom