• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I think that we'll get news once Unite launches.
Like the day of? Or are they going to wait a month or two?

Personally, I could see TPCI dropping a Presents that goes a little like this:
  1. Some clarification on what BDSP is supposed to be content-wise + trailer
  2. A little bit more of what Legends: Arceus is all about and what the gameplay is a like
  3. A trailer for Pokémon Unite and the development process behind it
  4. Unite drops after the end of the presentation.

Looks like the new Switch model was announced-

I guess a fraction of an inch bigger screen, OLED, improved audio, and an adjustable stand are worth $50 more than the standard model? Which is clearly going to be sticking around for awhile longer- and I don't know if I could see it being phased out when the alternative has such a catchy name as Nintendo Switch (OLED Model).

In any case... hell yeah, sounds like we don't have to worry about missing out on anything if we use a regular Switch to play Legends. Unless a Switch Pro falls out of the woodwork before it comes out, just to make poor OLED model feel extra unnecessary.

Unless a Switch Pro falls out of the woodwork before it comes out, just to make poor OLED model feel extra unnecessary.
So no.

I don't have a Switch yet, and to be honest, Legends will have to turn out a lot more impressive than the initial trailer to get me to buy one.

Long Twitter thread from an apparent Nintendo insider.

I've heard this person's name about a million times over the past years but I don't remember exactly if she has a good track record of not. Interesting read at least.

From what I recall, this leaker's credibility has been a bit more spotty recently, so definitely take this for what it is. It does state some interesting stuff though

One thing that caught my eye is the alternative to the PC, a ranch. Because the ranch would only be able to be accessed in the main village (or wherever it's located), I could see the game giving us some sort of ride Pokemon that we can fly over to the ranch with. Prior to Gen 8, Pokemon were able to be accessed by any PC, but with the ranch likely being the only place where we can grab them (unless we can summon them somehow), I am sure they will want to implement some quick access.

With the ranch, I think it would be really cool to see a return of seeing your Pokemon in the overworld while they're in the ranch. Like how the day care center in some of the games prior to Gen 6 had the Pokemon visible from outside the day care. Maybe it would be like that, where it randomly shuffles through a few of your Pokemon and has them chilling out in a fenced in area around the ranch.

This probably wouldn't happen, but I can dream.

Last edited:
One thing that caught my eye is the alternative to the PC, a ranch. Because the ranch would only be able to be accessed in the main village (or wherever it's located), I could see the game giving us some sort of ride Pokemon that we can fly over to the ranch with. Prior to Gen 8, Pokemon were able to be accessed by any PC, but with the ranch likely being the only place where we can grab them (unless we can summon them somehow), I am sure they will want to implement some quick access.

With the ranch, I think it would be really cool to see a return of seeing your Pokemon in the overworked while they're in the ranch. Like how the day care center in some of the games prior to Gen 6 had the Pokemon visible from outside the day care. Maybe it would be like that, where it randomly shuffles through a few of your Pokemon and has them chilling out in a fenced in area around the ranch.

This probably wouldn't happen, but I can dream.
This sounds very interesting. After all, if this is in the ancient past. It stands to reason that there would not be any computers. I can imagine that there might be a ranch that the player will keep their Pokemon at. How they will exeggcute it is a different story.

I don't know. People asked him many questions and he gave a lot of weird answers. Like one asked if Legends will be compatible with home and he answered "Yes, it's GF's plan to make it compatible with home". Did he see footage of the game? Did someone tell him info about the game? Because he apparently knows too many different things: map, mechanics, exploration, even future plans of the developers. I would say possible but highly suspicious.

I don't know. People asked him many questions and he gave a lot of weird answers. Like one asked if Legends will be compatible with home and he answered "Yes, it's GF's plan to make it compatible with home". Did he see footage of the game? Did someone tell him info about the game? Because he apparently knows too many different things: map, mechanics, exploration, even future plans of the developers. I would say possible but highly suspicious.
Home compatibility wouldn't be a huge secret, though, especially for a main series game. Often it seems to be one of the first things they're sure to mention when a game is announced, so for them to have any source that claims that it will be compatible isn't really any more surprising than if TPC were to announce it out of the blue tomorrow.

Home compatibility wouldn't be a huge secret, though, especially for a main series game. Often it seems to be one of the first things they're sure to mention when a game is announced, so for them to have any source that claims that it will be compatible isn't really any more surprising than if TPC were to announce it out of the blue tomorrow.
They didn't officially mention it for bdsp (and we know for sure those games will be compatible with home), why would they mention it for Legends? Actually, I don't remember TPCi has ever announced home compatibility this early.

Oriden's point is that Home compatibility is practically a given, so it's just a safe guess. Reminder that even leaks that proved out to be real had fake details, so why not some guesses? Anyway, Samus likes saying things about Nintendo's future marketing plans, so this is in line with that.

The oddest detail in the thread is Legends supposedly not getting much promotion after January. Why would that be the case? Even a rushed Generation IX wouldn't explain that.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom