• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I would rather Game Freak not delete Unown just because it has a bunch of different models thank you very much. They're too important to the lore to be retconned out of existence, and doing so would just reinforce the negative opinion of being lazy that has been plaguing the company as of late. Just give the Unown a proper move set instead of only having the now-removed Hidden Power and we'll be all set.

I would rather Game Freak not delete Unown just because it has a bunch of different models thank you very much. They're too important to the lore to be retconned out of existence, and doing so would just reinforce the negative opinion of being lazy that has been plaguing the company as of late. Just give the Unown a proper move set instead of only having the now-removed Hidden Power and we'll be all set.

It is Unown if Gamefreak would Delete Unown out of existence.

I can't find the exact source of this but I read somewhere that apparently Legends is going off the same philosophies as BOTW with gameplay mechanics focusing on free exploration and the bond between the player and their Pokemon. There's also a simplified version of the mechanics introduced in the franchise.

Honestly I don't know what "same philosophies as BOTW" means but it sounds promising.

Edit: found it
Replaying BoT W now actually. I would love it if LA had the same wild feeling. The sounds in BoTW really does make it feel like you're camping in the wilderness.
Prior to the crown tundra dlc all legendary pokemons signature moves were given the same yellow triangle delete message. Once the dlc dropped their moves were added to the games along with them. It could be that gamefreak has decided hidden power should be an unown exclusive attack and will be readded solely for unown when its in a game.

Then you can delete Pokemon that rely on such moves and aren't otherwise useful as well.
Well, for Legends I could see them deciding that certain pokemon just happen to not be there, whether they're useful or not. As it is, Castform definitely shouldn't be.

I wouldn't worry about it. They're not going to delete any pokemon, just exclude them from some games and bring them back for others. I'm sure moves that were removed will also make a return eventually (unless it's the Pikachu and Eevee baby name moves from LGPE, those may just stay there). If they bring back Unown for Legends like they should, then they'd most likely bring back Hidden Power as well.

Would you believe this has been going for as long as I can remember?
Yeah. I mean I remember it happening literally right after the first movie, too. But it's just gotten worse in recent years. It's like someone found the old playground rumors and slowly but steadily expanded upon them so it became all pokemon and not just Mewtwo.

Sooner than expected. Lot sooner than expected.

They did say early 2022 right? It was either going to be January or February to fit that timeframe accurately :wynaut:

I hope that's enough time to fix that lag issue we saw in the trailer. I have faith in GameFreak and this adaptation, I just hope it delivers!

I feel weird because I'm cautious but also extremely excited, though even if the game is unfinished just roaming the world will be like therapy for me, empty or not.

It'd be a shame if people got disappointed though even if it always happens.

The Jan release date kinda puts a hamper on those "Gen VIII will be four years" theories. It's releasing just before our usual announcement date for new games.
This really makes me worry that the rest of TPCi are forcing Game Freak to keep the “three year generation” quota regardless of the outcome. And here I thought Legends: Arceus actually meant that they realized that the three-year schedule was unsustainable. Guess I was wrong. :(

This really makes me worry that the rest of TPCi are forcing Game Freak to keep the “three year generation” quota regardless of the outcome. And here I thought Legends: Arceus actually meant that they realized that the three-year schedule was unsustainable. Guess I was wrong. :(

I don't think TPC are forcing anything.

TPC is owned jointly by Nintendo, GF, and Creatures, and are responsible for brand management. This flows downstream. The direction of the core series games comes first - and why would a company owned by Nintendo and Game Freak have the authority over that? - and then the rest of the brand is arranged around that direction in order to achieve synergy in marketing. That's the part that is TPC's responsibility.

what do you mean? isnt legends considered gen 8?

The point they were responding to was that with Legends coming out so early in 2022, it's possible that they could announce another new mainline game in February or thereabouts for a possible release in late 2022. If they did that, then that hypothetical late 2022 game would most likely be Gen 9's inaugural games (it'll have been 3 years since SwSh came out, which is the usual cadence at which generations rotate). Which means Gen 8 would have spanned the average 3 years, from 2019 - 2022, as opposed to the less-common 4 years that some people are currently expecting.

You see, there is a line of thought that Legends will be the main focal point of 2022's promotional cycle, and that they will announce the next mainline games (i.e. Gen 9) in early 2023, for a release later in that same year. Personally, that still sounds plausible to me, but I definitely wasn't expecting Legends to release this soon, so I think the alternate scenario is feasible as well. Considering that I don't really expect BDSP to take over as the competitive host games for Gen 8 (and considering that Legends: Arceus can't, if they are indeed entirely single-player), it wouldn't surprise me if Game Freak wanted to turn things over in 2022 instead of stretching out another year with SwSh as the "main" games.

Last edited:
It is. @Eitarou and I were talking about how the release date of Legends: Arceus probably means that we’re still stuck on the “three year generation life cycle in terms of release dates when we would have preferred Game Freak to take their time with the games given how this resulted in not only Dexit, but also a bare-bones minimum in terms of content with SwSh upon release (excluding the Expansion Pass DLC). @Esserise put it best.

It is. @Eitarou and I were talking about how the release date of Legends: Arceus probably means that we’re still stuck on the “three year generation life cycle in terms of release dates when we would have preferred Game Freak to take their time with the games given how this resulted in not only Dexit, but also a bare-bones minimum in terms of content with SwSh upon release (excluding the Expansion Pass DLC). @Esserise put it best.
I mean, we don't really know how long this was in development for. Considering they outsourced the remakes I feel like a lot of time and effort was put into this game, though we'll have to see.
I still feel like it'll be better than SwSh.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom