• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Well, I don't think this can be really qualified as working for the evil team. The intention of the team in Legends aren't bad, and while there's a good chance the plot might center about the transformation of the team into what will become its modern day, evil version, it's not a guarantee either.

I do want, in any case, a foreshadowing or hint from Cyllene in the game, that would lead to Cyrus' goals in DPPt.

Well, I don't think this can be really qualified as working for the evil team. The intention of the team in Legends aren't bad, and while there's a good chance the plot might center about the transformation of the team into what will become its modern day, evil version, it's not a guarantee either.

I do want, in any case, a foreshadowing or hint from Cyllene in the game, that would lead to Cyrus' goals in DPPt.
I could see some sort of internal conflict within the Galaxy Team which would lead into a chasm forming modern Team Galactic. I almost expect Cyllene or some character in the team to take advantage of your research data and use it for malicious purposes.

I could see some sort of internal conflict within the Galaxy Team which would lead into a chasm forming modern Team Galactic. I almost expect Cyllene or some character in the team to take advantage of your research data and use it for malicious purposes.
I think that's a good possibility, even if not necessarily Cyllene.
I'd like if her character remains on the good side, but shown hints and foreshadowing of the mindset and desires that Cyrus had. Given Arceus' presence in the game, it could be that its presence and reveal in the plot lead her to follow a path leading eventually to Cyrus' goal.

I wouldn't mind if she turns out to be evil, but it'd also be kind of obvious.

Would Legends be playable on the Lite? It looks like BDSP might be playable on the Lite (since there will be a DP Lite design). I don't know if it'll be the same for Legends.

Would Legends be playable on the Lite? It looks like BDSP might be playable on the Lite (since there will be a DP Lite design). I don't know if it'll be the same for Legends.
I don't see anything that would preclude the game being playable on the Lite. How good and smooth it'll be play out, is another matter.

I really like the use of Pokemon character ancestors they have going for this game, and I wonder how they'll use it. The most obvious choice would be to have the ancestors behave similarly to how their descendants have, though I would like to see some who are different. Like, maybe there's a Barry ancestor who's actually extremely mellow and shy. I'm also glad it's looking like there will be some more original characters in this game. The ancestor concept is great, but if the characters generally stick to their descendants' personalities, things could get kind of boring. Having some completely new faces like Professor Laventon is a smart idea. I wonder what other characters we'll see, new and old. I'm sure we'll see some sort of rival character, whether a Barry ancestor or not, and I'm sure we'll see a Cynthia ancestor. It would be cool if some more appear though.

I'd say there are more then a few ancestors that would appear.

I do wonder, though, would our character be the only one with Pokèmon? I'm not talking about trainer battles, but I guess the members of the survey team and security team would have those, as they'd interact, for different reasons, with Pokèmon.

I’m like 99% sure that the only games the Lite can’t do are ones that expressly don’t support handheld mode (which in turn means it wouldn’t even be a problem because of the Lite, since you couldn’t play those games in handheld on a regular Switch either)

I'm 99% certain there will be a Hisuian Basculin, one color (the color of Basculegion) that evolves into Basculegion. While anything is possible, making a Galarian Farfetch'd instead of having Sirfetch'd evolve from the Farfetch'd we already had, really set the precedent that regional evolutions only evolve from a regional variant.

I'm 99% certain there will be a Hisuian Basculin, one color (the color of Basculegion) that evolves into Basculegion. While anything is possible, making a Galarian Farfetch'd instead of having Sirfetch'd evolve from the Farfetch'd we already had, really set the precedent that regional evolutions only evolve from a regional variant.
That would be so wasteful when there's already two forms of Basculin with no point or appeal to their design... and Basculegion is so visually similar to them both that there's really no reason to create a third form when the first two were only made as region filler in the first place.

What type would a Hisuian Basculin even be? Basculegion is Water/Ghost from evolving with the spirits of dead Basculin who didn't make it- wouldn't make much sense if Hisuian Basculin was also Water/Ghost, or they'd all be starting out dead anyway. And it couldn't be just Water-type or it'd be grossly redundant to the two forms we already have.

Love this new trailer, everything about it.

Just want to say I hope Cyllene doesn't turn evil, too obvious, maybe the Rowan ancestor? Perhaps he gets too emotional, consumed by emotion or something, leading Cyllene and her family to see emotion as a problem

The only thing i didnt like was the red eyes on the Pokemon seems lazily done. Just 2 red circles actually in front of the eyes, clearly set a part, not even the same shape as they eye or actually on the eye, just in front. Also the red blue green sparks when the tear in the sky opens looked shoddily done, but nice touch linking it to the ones from when Dialga Palkia appear in the originals, but even in 2006 i thought that graphic looked cheaply done.

Ah, I think you might be right. It sort of looks like the tentacles are behind the body. It's making a 'U" shape; if that makes sense.

Oh nope, I was wrong after all. It's still not anything exciting, though- just a spheal.

R8PoJCn.png

The only thing i didnt like was the red eyes on the Pokemon seems lazily done. Just 2 red circles actually in front of the eyes, clearly set a part, not even the same shape as they eye or actually on the eye, just in front. Also the red blue green sparks when the tear in the sky opens looked shoddily done, but nice touch linking it to the ones from when Dialga Palkia appear in the originals, but even in 2006 i thought that graphic looked cheaply done.

The real shame is that we already have red eye options for a lot of pokemon via the shadow pokemon in Go.

That would be so wasteful when there's already two forms of Basculin with no point or appeal to their design... and Basculegion is so visually similar to them both that there's really no reason to create a third form when the first two were only made as region filler in the first place.

What type would a Hisuian Basculin even be? Basculegion is Water/Ghost from evolving with the spirits of dead Basculin who didn't make it- wouldn't make much sense if Hisuian Basculin was also Water/Ghost, or they'd all be starting out dead anyway. And it couldn't be just Water-type or it'd be grossly redundant to the two forms we already have.
Solid points! I would actually prefer it to be regular Basculin. haha I fear regional variants/evolutions will just never be seen again after they appear... I hope eventually they start folding in past regional variants into new games naturally. Why not have Alolan Sandshrew in the Snowpoint area of Hisui? Who cares if it's called Alolan Sandshrew? LOL

If regular Basculin evolves into Basculegion, it can more easily appear naturally in a future region. But after Galarian Farfetch'd really just being a stern-looking, differently colored Farfetch'd, I think Gamefreak wants to keep to a certain pattern/rule.

New regional forms, MH Stories-style gameplay, and new ways to battle? Now I’m even more excited for LoA than I was when it was originally announced!

But after Galarian Farfetch'd really just being a stern-looking, differently colored Farfetch'd, I think Gamefreak wants to keep to a certain pattern/rule.

In fairness, I think there’s a little more going on with Galarian Farfetch’d than meets the eye. For one thing I would imagine they maybe felt weird about having a Normal/Flying-type evolve into a pure Fighting-type. I know Cubone kinda does that same thing when turning into Alolan Marowak, but that’s still going from a mono-type to a dual-type which is overwhelmingly the norm for evolution. The other way ‘round is far more unusual.

But more importantly I think it comes down to selling the pun that the whole concept is based on. The core idea of G-Farfetch’d and Sirfetch’d stems from the fact that green onions (which Kantonian Farfetch’d wields) are often misidentified as leeks. Actual leeks are much larger than green onions. It would be weird for Farfetch’d’s green onion to become a leek, so instead they have a different Farfetch’d native to Galar that starts off with a true leek.

(I guess they could have just said something like “Battle-tested Farfetch’d in Galar eventually throw away their traditional weapon in favor of the much larger leeks found in the Galar region” and justified it that way, but w/e)

Do other people think that regional starter final evos for the PLA starters is a plausible idea? I feel like it's unlikely but not out of the ballpark yet, I think it would be really cool but idk how much sense it would make since iirc the professor brought the starters and never found them wild.

Do other people think that regional starter final evos for the PLA starters is a plausible idea? I feel like it's unlikely but not out of the ballpark yet, I think it would be really cool but idk how much sense it would make since iirc the professor brought the starters and never found them wild.

Personally I think it’s remotely possible, but I suspect that part of the reason why they chose the Starters they did is because their final forms already fit the setting pretty well. (A samurai, an archer, and a Pokémon whose name contains a pun on “shogunate” - that one admittedly gets lost in translation, but still.)

Personally I think it’s remotely possible, but I suspect that part of the reason why they chose the Starters they did is because their final forms already fit the setting pretty well. (A samurai, an archer, and a Pokémon whose name contains a pun on “shogunate” - that one admittedly gets lost in translation, but still.)

Given that it's by name, they could do regional variants of the starter evos... and make typhlosion fit the bill even more. Definitely don't hope for that, though, I'd rather have regular typhlosion, and I don't think it's too likely anyway.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom