• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I'm really excited about the exploration aspects, in previous games the pokedex was mostly just a way to kickstart your journey, here it seems much more vital to the storyline, since being a survey corps member working on a pokedex is basically the player's job, which makes me curious about their age, they look older than previous player character

Do other people think that regional starter final evos for the PLA starters is a plausible idea? I feel like it's unlikely but not out of the ballpark yet, I think it would be really cool but idk how much sense it would make since iirc the professor brought the starters and never found them wild.
I think it would be cool and exciting, but make zero sense with the established lore (these starters are not from Hisui) so it will not happen.

What COULD happen is Hisuian Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon. To me, that seems very likely, with these games coming right after BDSP and all three lines being shown to be in the wilds of Hisui.

A part of me kind of hopes that Cyllene doesn't turn out to be a villain. I think that it would be a more interesting twist if Cyrus basically just took a forgotten symbol from his family in order to create Team Galactic. Making her the antagonist could still work, but it might also be a bit too obvious.

So I wouldn't say this was my most anticipated game but I was somewhat looking forward to it. After seeing the new trailers and GameXplain's breakdown of the new features I seriously can't wait to play this.

The gameplay looks like a huge upgrade over SWSH, especially with how Pokemon can now attack you. Ever since the first games we've heard it's dangerous to go into the long grass but not that suddenly got real.

I like how they've added the battle styles and I believe some animations look upgraded too. I could have sworn I seen Gyarados do Hydro Pump in the open world which looked amazing.

Of course we will only know what it's truly like when it releases but I'd say I'll probably be taking the release day off as I'm that excited!

A part of me kind of hopes that Cyllene doesn't turn out to be a villain. I think that it would be a more interesting twist if Cyrus basically just took a forgotten symbol from his family in order to create Team Galactic. Making her the antagonist could still work, but it might also be a bit too obvious.
I feel pretty confident she won't be- the trailer makes a point of mentioning that "Deep down, she's your biggest supporter, and she watches your journey with care".

Having new pokemon & variants in this game was such a good move on gamefreak's part.

I almost feel like it's just. . necessary in this case. Having a mainline game centered around surveying/observing pokemon would've felt less exciting if it was all just pokemon most fans are well acquainted with. I love the idea of those research missions in tangent with new species. Lots of mystery and secrets trying to figure out how something you've never seen before evolves, etc.

So I wouldn't say this was my most anticipated game but I was somewhat looking forward to it. After seeing the new trailers and GameXplain's breakdown of the new features I seriously can't wait to play this.

The gameplay looks like a huge upgrade over SWSH, especially with how Pokemon can now attack you. Ever since the first games we've heard it's dangerous to go into the long grass but not that suddenly got real.

I like how they've added the battle styles and I believe some animations look upgraded too. I could have sworn I seen Gyarados do Hydro Pump in the open world which looked amazing.

Of course we will only know what it's truly like when it releases but I'd say I'll probably be taking the release day off as I'm that excited!

Yeah they did, but the Gyarados & Basculegion models interacting with water is still pretty rough. Gyarados makes it very obvious.

Also are these new models or as per usual different shading/lighting etc. because the Pokemon attacking movement is many tiers below SwSh. Check out Ursaring/Growlithe running toward you. Their feet glide across the earth. Hopefully they'll fix that. Doesn't make sense that they have animation for Ponyta turning around and other Pokemon just walking around and yet for those attacking animations the legs aren't used.

Hmm, Hisuian Growlithe is clearly referencing Chinese lion statues between the design, the rock-type, and that they "guard their territory in pairs." I wonder if Hisuian Arcanine will go the same route and just be a more blatant lion-dog than it already is, or if we might get something fancy and different like a dragon statue Arcanine instead- Fire/Rock evolving into Dragon/Rock wouldn't be too odd, really.

That or they could make a reference to Arcanine's original kirin-based design. I'm sure Hisui Growlithe's little horn will be growing out one way or another when it evolves.

Watch it turn out that Kamado is the bad guy and Cyllene is just as baffled as you when he shows his true colors. XD

Last edited:
I don't personally think they'll go for the route of 'Cyrus basically just found the forgotten symbol of his family and created Team Galactic from it', even if Cyllen won't be a villain (which I hope she isn't). I think they're going to at least give hints in regards of Cyllen's mindset and motivations, and/or her reaction to Arceus being revealed in the story, that would sort of explain Cyrus' plans, centuries later.

I'm also glad that for the ancestors, they went in a different direction then making them having similar roles of their descendants, as well as for going for opposite genders for (at least one) ancestor. I do wonder if they'll go for more of this for other ancestors.

In regards of the 'bad guy', though. If there'll be one, wouldn't fighting him/her lead to a 'trainer' battle, of sort?

To me, Cyrus’ plans have always seemed pretty selfishly motivated- it’s about his vision of a perfect world, and he talks about how he considers Team Galactic beneath him, as just useless pawns.

"...So you've come. You heard my speech, I take it. Snicker... A big lie, of course. It's true, insofar as my intention is to create a new world. But that world isn't for the likes of Team Galactic. I seek an entirely new world solely for myself. If not, it could never be the complete and perfect world. You've seen my minions of Team Galactic. You yourself must know that they are uniformly useless and incomplete."

Maybe a case could be made that Cyllen surpressing her emotions lead to Cryus’ disdain for them, but to retcon Cyrus’ beliefs into family principles passed through the centuries- with Cyrus himself never making any mention of his family- seems a bit awkward.

Which isn’t to say that I don’t think Cyllen won’t provide any insight at all into Cyrus- in fact, I think she’ll solve one of my issues with Team Galactic, the “how” rather than the “why”. I can understand an egoist looking down on others and wanting to become a god in his own world, but I found it hard to believe he’d get such a following for it. (I know, cults of personality are a thing, but he was literally promising the end of the world) But knowing Team Galactic had its roots in a group genuinely helping the region and that Cyrus’ ancestory played a part definitely makes sense for how he’d be able to amass a team like that.

I was thinking more about Cyllene finding out about Arceus/its sons/Godlike Pokémon in general, leading in some way to Cyrus’ interest in them, and not his beliefs being passed through generations of ancestors.

And to be clear, I also don’t think that the underlining issues with Team Galactic will be fixed (or should be fixed) in this prequel, as I don’t think an hypothetical Legends game set in ancient Hoenn could fix the issues with Team Magma and Acqua.

I still need to know more info about this game like what is the pint of doing tasks is there anything else to it

Yeah they did, but the Gyarados & Basculegion models interacting with water is still pretty rough. Gyarados makes it very obvious.

Also are these new models or as per usual different shading/lighting etc. because the Pokemon attacking movement is many tiers below SwSh. Check out Ursaring/Growlithe running toward you. Their feet glide across the earth. Hopefully they'll fix that. Doesn't make sense that they have animation for Ponyta turning around and other Pokemon just walking around and yet for those attacking animations the legs aren't used.
Tbh I didn't even notice most of those things. Full disclose I am pretty easily impressed with games and I care a lot of gameplay, more than visuals in some ways.

They still have another 5 months to go so I'm sure they can polish it up some more before release.

Personally I think Legends' second trailer could rival BOTW's Switch presentation trailer in a way
The music is absolutely amazing and even though the world itself looks pretty weak graphically it's the best main-line Pokemon has looked [not counting Let's Go]

I'm hoping Basculegion has another form with a different typing.

I want Rowlett as my starter, but if I had Basculegion too that would mean 2 ghost types. Can't pick Oshawott as then I'd have 2 water types, and can't pick Cyndaquil as there's no way I'm passing up on Hisuian Growlithe

I'm hoping Basculegion has another form with a different typing.

I want Rowlett as my starter, but if I had Basculegion too that would mean 2 ghost types. Can't pick Oshawott as then I'd have 2 water types, and can't pick Cyndaquil as there's no way I'm passing up on Hisuian Growlithe
There’s the possibility they might add different forms, and typings, to the starters, even though I personally thing it wouldn’t fit well with the new forms being Hisuian, and not ancient/archaic forms.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom