• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I think it would be cool to have a pokemon (Arceus) as the villain in the game rather than a human who uses Arceus for evil purposes like we've had for what seems like forever. Especially since legends is a change of pace for pokemon with no noticable generic evil team as of yet. It would also be cool if they hinted at how team galactic could've been formed in the future by giving some pre-requisites of it such as galaxy exploration team (forgot the exact name) lore.

I wonder if diving is in this game because it would add another layer of diversity to the exploration of the region and it makes sense for it to be in it(i mean if you're looking for all pokemon in this region you gotta look underwater) but it wasn't in SwSh right? Obviously the rideable mons weren't in it either so I'm not saying that makes it impossible

I wonder if diving is in this game because it would add another layer of diversity to the exploration of the region and it makes sense for it to be in it(i mean if you're looking for all pokemon in this region you gotta look underwater) but it wasn't in SwSh right? Obviously the rideable mons weren't in it either so I'm not saying that makes it impossible
I think the problem with diving is that it might require a more advanced technology then what they’d have at their disposal in Hisui. I’d like that, though.

On another note, something that a few people pointed out, is that in the map of the region, at northwest and southeast (respectively in the snowy and sandy area), there are people being portrayed with clothes that look different then the traditional Galaxy uniform, the ones in the north much more different. The colour schemes seem to be matching with Palkia and Dialga.

Not sure if they are cult members related to those Pokémon, or something else entirely, but it’s possible that they’re not related to Team Galaxy and Jubilife Village.

I'm hoping dungeons/caves get confirmed in a future trailer.

While not a confirmation, we do have a glimpse of a cave in the trailer. So I think we have a high chance of getting some, though the size of them is another matter. Here's hoping that it's big enough to be interesting.

8DmnloV.png

On another note, something that a few people pointed out, is that in the map of the region, at northwest and southeast (respectively in the snowy and sandy area), there are people being portrayed with clothes that look different then the traditional Galaxy uniform, the ones in the north much more different. The colour schemes seem to be matching with Palkia and Dialga.

Not sure if they are cult members related to those Pokémon, or something else entirely, but it’s possible that they’re not related to Team Galaxy and Jubilife Village.
Saw that too and my guess is that they're the indigenous people of the area (pokemon universe version of the Ainu people i guess?) and are basically like lorekeepers

Saw that too and my guess is that they're the indigenous people of the area (pokemon universe version of the Ainu people i guess?) and are basically like lorekeepers
Or the remnants of the old civilization in the region. There's also a temple in the snow area.
I definitely think we're going to explore the ruins around the region and find something about them and the people that built them.

I think the problem with diving is that it might require a more advanced technology then what they’d have at their disposal in Hisui. I’d like that, though.

Well, we've never had it in Sinnoh before, but we could just dive using a pokemon like we did in Hoenn and Unova. I don't know if they've ever explained how your pokemon being able to dive keeps your trainer from drowning, but since HMs aren't a thing anymore, they could give us a new pokemon with a solution for that. XD Maybe controls bubbles like Popplio can.

While not a confirmation, we do have a glimpse of a cave in the trailer. So I think we have a high chance of getting some, though the size of them is another matter. Here's hoping that it's big enough to be interesting.

8DmnloV.png

D= That's... the shadow of a tree. Presumably the one just off to the left there.

While they didn’t explain it before, one could reasonably assume the player/trainers use some equipment to breath underwater, which isn’t going to be present in LA.

But using a Pokémon, maybe a new Hisuian form, to help in that department could work.

While they didn’t explain it before, one could reasonably assume the player/trainers use some equipment to breath underwater, which isn’t going to be present in LA.

But using a Pokémon, maybe a new Hisuian form, to help in that department could work.

They also could just put a timer on it! Ancient cultures have dived simply by holding their breath- a diving pokemon could simply help you get down deeper and up faster within the limit you have to breathe.

I hope that we don't see some Pokemon that are in the current Sinnoh dex (Especially from older regions) in Hisui, since that means they were brought in from those regions from Sinnoh and that it doesn't follow the Hisui dex completely (This can be one of the explanations for the missing Basculegion, Hisui Growlithe and Braviary and Wyrdeer).

Oh here's a thought, since they're clearly following this Sinnoh myth:

Long ago, when Sinnoh had just been made,
Pokémon and humans led separate lives.

That is not to say they did not help each other.
No, indeed they did.

They supplied each other with goods, and supported each other.

A Pokémon proposed to the others to always be ready to help humans.
It asked that Pokémon be ready to appear before humans always.

Thus, to this day, Pokémon appear to us if we venture into tall grass.

Maybe we'll see this one?

A young man, callow and foolish in innocence, came to own a sword.
With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave sustenance, with carefree abandon.
Those not taken as food, he discarded, with no afterthought.
The following year, no Pokémon appeared. Larders grew bare.
The young man, seeking the missing Pokémon, journeyed afar.
Long did he search. And far and wide, too, until one he did find.
Asked he, "Why do you hide?" To which the Pokémon replied...
"If you bear your sword to bring harm upon us, with claws and fangs, we will exact a toll."
"From your kind we will take our toll, for it must be done."
"Done it must be to guard ourselves and for it, I apologize."
To the skies, the young man shouted his dismay.
"In having found the sword, I have lost so much."
"Gorged with power, I grew blind to Pokémon being alive."
"I will never fall savage again. This sword I denounce and forsake."
"I plead for forgiveness, for I was but a fool."
So saying, the young man hurled the sword to the ground, snapping it.
Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared to a place beyond seeing...

That could turn out to be our conflict, is some guy's been going around threatening pokemon and that's what made Giratina act so violent in the first place.

D= That's... the shadow of a tree. Presumably the one just off to the left there.

I doubt it's just a shadow of a tree. Based on Probopass' shadow the source of light is from our right-back side.

Anyway, having watched the trailer again in 0.25x speed, it looks more of a hole than a cave.

I doubt it's just a shadow of a tree. Based on Probopass' shadow the source of light is from our right-back side.

Anyway, having watched the trailer again in 0.25x speed, it looks more of a hole than a cave.
Ooh, now that I see it in motion it does look like a cave... boy I could go for some better shading on that one.

Since the Sinnoh underground is so important for the modern region, I think it would be a big miss if they did not include the Hisui underground in some way. It would also help differentiate it from BotW, since that game famously had very little caves and no underground (although the sequel definitely will to some extent).

Diving would also be genius! And would further differentiate the games. They could definitely have a Araquanid-like swimming Pokémon where you can ride it inside its big air bubble.

Since the Sinnoh underground is so important for the modern region, I think it would be a big miss if they did not include the Hisui underground in some way.

I could maybe see the Hideaways being a thing since those seem like natural habitats that have been carved out by Pokémon, but the rest of the Underground is (at the very least strongly implied to be) man-made, so I don't think most of that infrastructure would exist yet, what with humans in this era being largely relegated to a single town. Unless they've designed it as a way to navigate to other parts of the region while avoiding the wild Pokémon on the surface (... which, now that I think about it, would actually be a pretty clever origin story for the Underground; sorry to toot my own horn there), but if that were the case, I'd still wonder why there aren't any other major settlements that the Underground serves to connect Jubilife to.

It would also help differentiate it from BotW, since that game famously had very little caves and no underground (although the sequel definitely will to some extent).

This sort of touches on a post I just made in another thread, but surely this game is already differentiated from BOTW by quite a lot considering the essential involvement of Pokémon? The combat's totally different and more technical than BOTW, and BOTW didn't have a central focus on going out and capturing creatures to fill out a Pokédex (yes, there was the Hyrule Compendium, but that's a skippable sidequest and just involves you taking pictures of stuff).

I also think the general ethos of the two games will just be pretty firmly distinct. BOTW is all about giving the player full, unrestricted access to explore this massive, intricately detailed sandbox at whatever pace you want. Arceus seems to have a lot more of a mission-based, incremental progression as your research efforts allow you to unlock more areas to survey. So I think ultimately Arceus will handle pretty differently.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom