• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Damn, the wholly green caught me off. I checked what a shiny Milotic is and no green. I recall they saying Hisui is a word for jade, I wonder what the connection is..
Plot twist, all the Hisuian pokemon were living in the underground the whole time like how the dinosaurs in the Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Damn, the wholly green caught me off. I checked what a shiny Milotic is and no green. I recall they saying Hisui is a word for jade, I wonder what the connection is..

Hisui can mean "jade" or "arcane," the latter of which is synonymous with Sinnoh's meaning "mysteries." So it's just the usual japanese wordplay.

Still so hyped.
I'm also happy that people figured out the wordplay (and the kanji compund(s)) of the region's name! I think it's funny how they changed the name retroactively, but even so I think it sounds very nice.
This is an interesting video about the region name.

Considering how the JP BDSP site lists abilities within the Pokemon's pages, while the JP LA site ignores abilities completely, I'm guessing it'll be another LGPE situation in that this game lacks abilities & uses a different EV system. The latter would also explain a screenshot of a level 12 Rowlet having 103 HP, which it would around level 40 normally.

And it's also part of why I'm thinking its Home transferring compatability would be similar to LGPE's.

Considering how the JP BDSP site lists abilities within the Pokemon's pages, while the JP LA site ignores abilities completely, I'm guessing it'll be another LGPE situation in that this game lacks abilities & uses a different EV system. The latter would also explain a screenshot of a level 12 Rowlet having 103 HP, which it would around level 40 normally.

And it's also part of why I'm thinking its Home transferring compatability would be similar to LGPE's.

Which makes sense, since a Pokemon with Sturdy could potentially abuse the Agile Style.

Although if we don't have abilities, this makes the Slakoth line inclusion in LA potentally problematic.

English site was actually the same way until that last trailer drop.

English site was actually the same way until that last trailer drop.

English site for what? BDSP's specifically? Because it still doesn't bother listing the Pokemon's abilities, the JP BDSP site does though.

With LA, they've been ignored completely, I don't think there'd be a need to hide them if they were in the game in the first place.

Although if we don't have abilities, this makes the Slakoth line inclusion in LA potentally problematic.

I think the simple solution to that would be excluding it from the game, but then there's the issue with Regigigas. I don't think it'd matter too much though, since we can't battle with other players, only trade.

English site for what? BDSP's specifically? Because it still doesn't bother listing the Pokemon's abilities, the JP BDSP site does though.

With LA, they've been ignored completely, I don't think there'd be a need to hide them if they were in the game in the first place.

Yeah, the English BDSP site used to list abilities for the starters and it doesn't anymore. The LA site never did, which lead to pretty much the same conclusion you've drawn from the Japanese sites. For whatever reason, when they updated the English sites after the recent Presents, they just didn't list abilities anymore for BDSP.

It does make it pretty notable, though. The fact that both the English and Japanese sites have only ever had abilities listed on the BDSP side definitely seems like a strong indicator for a lack of abilities in LA.

BDSP is the more likely one to be there imo, though I really hope we'll get some of PLA too. Even a little bit is enough.

(Also it'll be really early for me :sleep:)

I think we will see the games, but nothing too major from them. In Legends' case, I could see a new Hisuian variant/evolution being revealed. Not as sure about what small thing BDSP could reveal.

This is what we got from a Nintendo Direct released in September 2019:

A new feature has been announced called Pokémon Camp where you can play with many Pokémon. This also allows for you to connect to other players. In addition to that, you can cook various curry.
A new Pokémon called Polteageist and another called Cramorant have been revealed.
Cramorant has an ability called Gulp Missile when it uses Surf or Dive and then gets damaged.
Polteageist is a Ghost-type with Weak Armor.
Alcremie has over 18 different variations of its colour and decoration.
League Cards are a new element of the game that can be shared between players and are used as your avatar in the start of battle. It can also be used for various characters in the game.
Sirfetch'd was revealed in a separate video later that month.

---> 2019 Nintendo Direct had Cramorant/Sinistea, curry, and customization. 2018 was pretty much just old info but LGPE are pretty much just old games. 2017 had Blacephalon and Stakataka (and other small bits). 2016 had Alolan Rattata and the Snorlax Z-move. So nothing huge, but probably at least a form/new Pokemon or 2.

Man if they reveal a new regional evolution, especially if it's Sudowoodo, then it's worth it for me.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom