• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mafia - Endgame (Looking Stupid Joker!)

Reiji's recent posts are really solid, I think they've got a solid vote on Kaiveran. Particularly about how Kaiveran brushed off questions of reading leetic and neopest with a lack of meta, especially when leetic had definitely posted enough at that point and neopest's posts weren't just fluff or anything either. Definitely can see the case about the Reiji vote being "easy" as well.

I have to reread Kaiveran on this because that's an interesting take.

I find it interesting that Reji is the first player to make any attempt at scumreading me (HD's early vote doesn't count) even if their post was quite hedgy.
I think that your initial aggressiveness and pushing for reads to get the game started got you a lot of town points and most of the game is still cruising with a townread on you for that. Personally, you've fallen a bit in my eyes since then. I think that your initial pushes for information were good, but your tunneling of DawningWinds has prevented him from providing more content on other players. I agree with Reiji's read on you in that at times the pushes feel a bit too much.

If Caps/SM really is the scumteam, I would find it hilarious
You're in for a good laugh, then ¯\(ツ)/¯

I'm asking you why you specifically think that your TCF case was better than Kai's. None of your responses have made references to your actual reasons for voting Caps, only what the reasons were not rather than what they were.
Yes... and I've answered that in 153? What about my response of me voting TheCapsFan for his inactivity despite being online is not a reference to my original vote on TheCapsFan?

What do you mean by "only what the reasons were rather than what they were"?

I think that your initial aggressiveness and pushing for reads to get the game started got you a lot of town points and most of the game is still cruising with a townread on you for that. Personally, you've fallen a bit in my eyes since then. I think that your initial pushes for information were good, but your tunneling of DawningWinds has prevented him from providing more content on other players. I agree with Reiji's read on you in that at times the pushes feel a bit too much.
Yay for hedginess

Why does your progression on every single person on this game feel unnatural? You were scumreading DW for "defensiveness", but now are saying that my supposed tunneling is the reason why he didn't get anything done? Also they have posted content on other players, some of which was due to my own pressuring! This is just pure BS.

Yes... and I've answered that in 153? What about my response of me voting TheCapsFan for his inactivity despite being online is not a reference to my original vote on TheCapsFan?

What do you mean by "only what the reasons were rather than what they were"?
I'm pretty sure Kaiveran's post was based on odds to, aside from slightly different wording the reasons weren't really that different

I didn't fully notice in your post because your reasoning was just that similar to eirs

If they ask for a GTH read on someone you don't have any opinion on, just humor them. That's what I did with HD.
Sorry, no. Not making BS reads up because leetic!'s insisting I have to read SM.

I think that your initial pushes for information were good, but your tunneling of DawningWinds has prevented him from providing more content on other players
This feels. Inconsistent with your read on me. The words you're saying here, to me, imply you think I'm town. But the words you've been saying imply you think I'm scum. Did your read change after I posted? If so, then why are you still voting me?

I'm pretty sure Kaiveran's post was based on odds to, aside from slightly different wording the reasons weren't really that different

I didn't fully notice in your post because your reasoning was just that similar to eirs
"on odds to" (im assuming you mean too?)

My vote wasn't based on odds though?

A few quick thoughts now that I'm up:

• I find it interesting that Reji is the first player to make any attempt at scumreading me (HD's early vote doesn't count) even if their post was quite hedgy.
  • Caps's posts so far seem largely CWAC, only a couple of them make any game-related comments, and the ones that do don't really go into detail. His DW read is hedgy, he doesn't make much alignment-regarding comments about me, he says SM isn't alignment indicative at this point but doesn't consider him as a HD partner over DW, etc.
  • FA's last couple of posts seem a little empty to me? Maybe it's that there focus feels a bit too narrow from what I expect from her
  • SM has still not provided me a single reason to townread him

Since I believe DW is at three now, I'll UNVOTE: DawningWinds and VOTE: TheCapsFan for the latter's unimpressive opener

What about Reiji's post do you think is hedgy?

I kind of agree about FinalArcadia, but it's not pinging me too much at the moment.

Reiji mainly because I felt their start to the game was quite strong and I feel like when scum are often "late" to games beginning they tend to emphasize that more and give thoughts in a way that don't entirely sound natural. In contrast, I thought the thoughts Reiji presented were both extremely detailed and natural, particularly with the way he addressed caps.

leetic at this point should be obvious because of the way they are choosing to play the game and how they are aggressively approaching each player in a way I find atypical for scum (note: scum absolutely can approach people aggressively but this range of focus is usually applied narrowly because they don't want to piss everyone off). Also I just kind of feel like they're obvious villa the more I go over their posts and that's probably my strongest townread.

Aside from the "argument" DawningWind had with leetic I feel as though they have a certain amount of thread presence that doesn't quite match up with the content they've presented thus far. The best way I can describe it is that it almost feels like they are afraid to present reads. I don't agree that they need to give GTH reads on everyone like leetic was trying to force, but I do somewhat agree with leetic in that there should have been enough content posted for DawningWind to at least feel some kind of suspicion towards someone or even express a stronger townread somewhere.
Agreed with your thoughts on Reiji.

I disagree with your read on leetic being so "obvious." I think leetic is being aggressive because they have experience with lots of inactivity on this site, which is more NAI. I think their initiative was towny initially, but since has worn off a little bit, as I have said above.

I would overall agree with your read on DawningWinds.

I understand that it's a different phase and like I said, I can see that it doesn't get as much credit, but it's already a post showing I will be active in the game and attempting something. Had I left and never came back I would understand the focus better, but it was literally a few hours before the game even started.
This feels...weird to me. Voting before the game starts doesn't give any indication of activity in the game itself, and I don't understand why you're putting so much emphasis on people not paying attention to a post that doesn't even count...

Alright, then reexplain it because your post was just confusing to me. Why, in your eyes, was Caps's inactivity worthy of a vote?
To pressure him to post, which I became more motivated to do when you said he was online but didn't say anything. Kaiveran basically claimed one of two players who have not posted must be Mafia, and I claimed that it's premature to reach that conclusion. They haven't even posted yet!

Even now after his posts I am unsure whether or not he's actually serious about suspecting me. I haven't seen anything brought up against me other than a gut read, and he voted DawningWinds despite claiming more positive things they liked about him than any of my posts.

This feels...weird to me. Voting before the game starts doesn't give any indication of activity in the game itself, and I don't understand why you're putting so much emphasis on people not paying attention to a post that doesn't even count...
More BS from Caps. HD didn't show up between his pre-D1 posts and his reentrance to the thread. He clearly posted his first post as if it were a D1 post, and I am far more concerned with intentionality than technical details. Also, it was clearly a response to FA's "case" on him, and this is another example of you trying to use defensiveness for an easy scumread

You were online after the start of the game but didn't post
Ah. Well, I didn't get the notification that the game had started until this morning, which is when I checked the thread initially.

Why is this such an issue for you?

Wait, when did I ask you for a GTH read?
You didn't; Leetic asked for a GTH read on you. I gave you a scumread, because I needed one scumread amongst the players he asked for and I didn't want to give my scumbuddy Soulmaster a scum read.

No, I don't, and from what little I think I know of him personally, I feel that's in-character of him to get annoyed about how leetic! was pushing him.
Agree to disagree, I guess.

On further thought, I also find it pretty suspicious that we have exactly two 0-posters as of now, with two wolves in the game. Being in a 2-person team can be very intimidating to a wolf, because they no longer have access to any of the PR-management strategies that come with normal 3- or 4-wolf teams. You have to take a solid stance on your partner and/or reap the consequences of said stance if they flip/get seered/what have you. Given that HD and Soul have given us at least token posts of appreciation for the game, it's not at all improbable that we have at least one wolf in Caps + Reiji.
Yeah, Kai didn't say it was guaranteed that there was scum between RJ and TCF, just that it was very likely

Kai, would like to see your thoughts on RJ and Caps when you return

When I see a player posting before the game starts, I think "oh yeah this guy will definitely be more active if they are so hyped". It would make more sense to vote that player if they took a long time to show up. FinalArcadia even knows my timezone, so she would understand that I wouldn't be awake at the beginning too, so her joke vote on me doesn't really end up helping the game to move much from one thing to another and it feels "safe". TBF I admit I am probably just being paranoid about this, but what rubbed me the wrong way is that they spent effort in supporting leetic! but then basically give me no time to prove my activity. I feel that a Town trying to gamesolve would look for potentially slacking or more interesting players who haven't shown any emotion or post after their confirming post.

More BS from Caps. HD didn't show up between his pre-D1 posts and his reentrance to the thread. He clearly posted his first post as if it were a D1 post, and I am far more concerned with intentionality than technical details. Also, it was clearly a response to FA's "case" on him, and this is another example of you trying to use defensiveness for an easy scumread
btw there was no agenda of it trying to be a day 1 post, i was just excited to play Mafia again after around 6 months of not playing it so i yolo'd a post lol

Back
Top Bottom