• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime & Manga General Discussion

Considering Wobbuffet's big popularity and status as basically the fourth member of Team Rocket, it's surprising to see how unceremoniously Jessie even obtained it. Taking into account the way Wobbuffet was treated back in Johto, I think the writers originally intended it to be just another running gag like Jigglypuff. Even its original Trainer hasn't as much as been mentioned since the trade episode. But then its popularity grew and it started to be treated with more respect. I think its original Trainer should at least be mentioned too, instead of them pretending it's always been Jessie's.

Considering Wobbuffet's big popularity and status as basically the fourth member of Team Rocket, it's surprising to see how unceremoniously Jessie even obtained it. Taking into account the way Wobbuffet was treated back in Johto, I think the writers originally intended it to be just another running gag like Jigglypuff. Even its original Trainer hasn't as much as been mentioned since the trade episode. But then its popularity grew and it started to be treated with more respect. I think its original Trainer should at least be mentioned too, instead of them pretending it's always been Jessie's.
IDK, having one of the most prominent characters in the series known for popping out of nowhere join the main cast by mundanely popping out of nowhere was always pretty hilarious to me :wynaut:

I don’t think I’d want to see Benny again but only because it’d remind me of how neglected of a character Lickitung was :cry:

Where's my episode with these 3 as the stars Journeys?

I dont wanna see any more literal Monkey business JN. Give me more of these 3 in 2022
20211231_205116.jpg

Last edited:
Where's my episode with these 3 as the atars Journeys?

I dunno wanna see any more literal Monkey business JN. Give me more of these 3 in 2022View attachment 154223
At this point I have a conspiracy theory that these three Pokémon had their arcs rushed just so they could be put on Anime promo art as soon as possible. The art for the characters consistently has more personality than anything ever shown in the show.

It's so funny to me because pretty much all of JN's promotional stuff features Pokémon playing and interacting within themselves (Lucario, Inteleon and Cinderace being the most common pairings). And then you tune in for the series... and see nothing of that. I know the marketing team and the writing team are made up of different people with different jobs and objectives, but the discrepancy is so... baffling to me.

It's like they are desperately trying to sell the show as something it just isn't, and it's both depressing and funny as hell.

Can they get sued for false advertising?

It's so funny to me because pretty much all of JN's promotional stuff features Pokémon playing and interacting within themselves (Lucario, Inteleon and Cinderace being the most common pairings). And then you tune in for the series... and see nothing of that. I know the marketing team and the writing team are made up of different people with different jobs and objectives, but the discrepancy is so... baffling to me.

It's like they are desperately trying to sell the show as something it just isn't, and it's both depressing and funny as hell.

Can they get sued for false advertising?
I thought they didn't mean to commit any false advertising.

Just thought about Yamper, considering it’s been advertised a bit, and I was wondering if the inevitable Jolteon episode will actually have Yamper in it? It would be nice to see Eevee grow in interest of Jolteon, and Yamper feels disheartened about it, so it tries to prove to Eevee how superior it is - build a parental figure for Eevee, and how Yamper caters for it around the lab/home. At least then we can have a somewhat actual developed bond between two Pokemon, otherwise I genuinely believe Yamper was just throw-in to be advertised as an attraction for viewers. I forget Yamper even exists at times, which just makes a mockery of the episodes we got with it, that now appear to be very negligent.

Just thought about Yamper, considering it’s been advertised a bit, and I was wondering if the inevitable Jolteon episode will actually have Yamper in it? It would be nice to see Eevee grow in interest of Jolteon, and Yamper feels disheartened about it, so it tries to prove to Eevee how superior it is - build a parental figure for Eevee, and how Yamper caters for it around the lab/home. At least then we can have a somewhat actual developed bond between two Pokemon, otherwise I genuinely believe Yamper was just throw-in to be advertised as an attraction for viewers. I forget Yamper even exists at times, which just makes a mockery of the episodes we got with it, that now appear to be very negligent.
It’s genuinely sad how Yamper was built up to be Koharu’s partner with the first few focus episodes what with it being in the opening with her, listening only to her in the Gengar episode and getting an entire backstory with her in the Pidove episode only to basically be written off the second Eevee hit the scene. Such wasted potential. Like, in an ideal world Koharu would have officially caught Yamper, caught Galarian Ponyta and gotten one of the Galar Starters (with Ash getting the third). Sadly, we don’t exist in an ideal world and we get massive missed opportunities and wasted potential.

It’s genuinely sad how Yamper was built up to be Koharu’s partner with the first few focus episodes what with it being in the opening with her, listening only to her in the Gengar episode and getting an entire backstory with her in the Pidove episode only to basically be written off the second Eevee hit the scene. Such wasted potential. Like, in an ideal world Koharu would have officially caught Yamper, caught Galarian Ponyta and gotten one of the Galar Starters (with Ash getting the third). Sadly, we don’t exist in an ideal world and we get massive missed opportunities and wasted potential.
Gotta give the girl character Eevee to profit off its cuteness as much as possible.

Giving an Eevee to a girl is the trend that still endures despite being overused.

I still don't get what was the purpose of Wanpachi, it has been banished into non-existence.

Most Pokemon in this series are just plot-devices at best and props at worst.....
Thinking of it, what was Wanpachi's personality/characterization like.....

I am still waiting for the Gen that may throw the curveball that gives Satoshi an Eevee.....

Of all the trends they had to break, they couldn't have decided to not give an Eevee to a female cast member? They should have broke that trend instead of breaking the usual giving Ash the new regional starters trend. I just really don't like that they essentially abandoned Yamper for another Eevee.

I'm actually starting to get annoyed with this whole "gotta give a girl an Eevee because it's cute" thing. It was fine when May and Serena got one, I was fine with that. And hey, what do you know, their Eevees actually evolved, the whole reason to use an Eevee in the first place. It's the Evolution Pokemon, for god's sake. You don't have to evolve it per se, but if you're going to use an Eevee, you should. Literally its whole gimmick is that it's the only Pokemon with eight different evolved forms, with a unique method of evolution introduced for each generation it received them.

Back
Top Bottom