• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH SWEET ARCEUS I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE SPAIN AS THE BASIS FOR GEN 9 REGION!

1645978063439.png

I am definitely loving what I am seeing so far. The texture of the locations seems to be rather lacking, but there is no doubt it is only in the early development stage, and things will look much smoother than it appears to be at the moment.

For a second seeing all the locations, I thought it was Italy the region was based on, but as we see like quarter of the map in the house, I knew it was not Italy sadly. Well, Spain counts half Italy so there is that lol.

Starters are really conflicting me. I love all the three of them to be honest. Most times one starter appeals to me more than the others, but this time all three are really interesting. I may be leaning towards the cat more maybe since I love cats and I have a kitten, but we will see.

I am curious to see what "different element" they are going to pull off this time for the gym quest. Also what gimmick awaits us this time around. It is going to be a reeeaallly exciting time for me I can already feel it. The season officially begins!

I’m conflicted. I still think releasing Gen 9 so soon after Legends: Arceus just released is a little worrying since the care they put into the Hisui game probably took up a lot of time and resources. On the other hand, the graphics of Scarlet and Violet seem really clean in terms of landscapes (both rural and urban areas) so far.

However, good graphics doesn’t mean a solid story or immersive gameplay, so it could be that graphics are the only thing these newly-announced titles have going for them with everything else being really shallow. I think the outcome of Scalet’s/Violet’s quality could depends on how much they take from Legends.

I’m conflicted. I still think releasing Gen 9 so soon after Legends: Arceus just released is a little worrying since the care they put into the Hisui game probably took up a lot of time and resources. On the other hand, the graphics of Scarlet and Violet seem really clean in terms of landscapes (both rural and urban areas) so far.

However, good graphics doesn’t mean a solid story or immersive gameplay, so it could be that graphics are the only thing these newly-announced titles have going for them with everything else being really shallow. I think the outcome of Scalet’s/Violet’s quality could depends on how much they take from Legends.
Keep in mind that Legends' maps are actually really sparse and the story is pretty short. And a lot of what went into building Legends is also clearly being used for Scarlet and Violet, so there was a lot of developmental overlap.

I definitely like Sprigatito the most of all three, but Fuecoco is the most interesting one for me. Quaxly is my least favourite, but that doesn't mean I don't like it. Overall I warmed up to them much quicker than the Galarian starters. My only hope right now is for at least one of them to evolve to something I like.

After staring at the official artworks for hours, I am calling it right now.
Sprigatito will be a GRASS/POISON type. Purple eyes are my only point, and I can see poisonous looking vines in the final design. Also, the official site says "capricious" which I can see with poison type quite well.
Fuecoco will be a FIRE/GHOST type. Ghost chilli pepper, white ghost mask, and also Wynaut. The official site says "laid-back" which can be like how Hisuian Typhlosion is laid back, chill ghost type (see what I did there).
Quaxly will be a WATER/FIGHTING type. The only starter type we don't have a pairing with fighting and its design seems like a sailor, muscle work kinda thing. Also, the official site says "earnest" which can be said for a sailor fighting pokemon I guess.
I am aware that there is not a type triangle with second typings, but there don't have to be soooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom