• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question since people are talking about eeveelutions, is there really never going to be another new eeveelution again? like is there actual confirmation on this?

and yeah, people already making weird ass 'theres gonna be a new eeveelution/type this gen' theories is pretty annoying. yall, we got like, 10 seconds of in game content and three pictures of some new small guys. calm down i am begging you. (would love to see a sound type though... but i dont think this gens a good gen to introduce it)

quick question since people are talking about eeveelutions, is there really never going to be another new eeveelution again? like is there actual confirmation on this?

and yeah, people already making weird ass 'theres gonna be a new eeveelution/type this gen' theories is pretty annoying. yall, we got like, 10 seconds of in game content and three pictures of some new small guys. calm down i am begging you. (would love to see a sound type though... but i dont think this gens a good gen to introduce it)
No confirmation or anything like that we’re never getting an eeveelution again, as far as I’m aware.

I personally feel like it’s long overdue for us to get another one or maybe two for this gen but we’ll see.

Already seeing that some people think we’ll get a new type for this gen but I doubt it even though I’d love to see Sound type as well (Pokémon Xenoverse, a Pokémon fan game has it and it’s amazing).

No confirmation or anything like that we’re never getting an eeveelution again, as far as I’m aware.

I personally feel like it’s long overdue for us to get another one or maybe two for this gen but we’ll see.

Already seeing that some people think we’ll get a new type for this gen but I doubt it even though I’d love to see Sound type as well (Pokémon Xenoverse, a Pokémon fan game has it and it’s amazing).
Yeah, they've never officially said if we're getting more or not - but with eevee being one of the mascots now and how well the eeveelutions do for merchandise (to the point that they have their own section on the pokemon center site) it really would not be shocking, that being said though they've always used them to introduce new mechanics or types so I feel like it's difficult to predict if/when we're getting one or not.

I personally feel like we should get another one this gen or the next - I'm very for the idea that we end up getting one for every type, if only because I think that everyone should have the ability to evolve it into their favorite type. The main argument I've seen for us getting one this gen is due to Chloe's eevee not evolving in the anime, which I get and wish that was the case, however it definitely seems like it's just referencing the eevee in lets go as it's not that the eevee hasn't evolved but more so that it seems like it CAN'T (although I saw that they said in an episode that it was as simple as Eevee being hesitant about the important decision)

Sound type is one of the ones people have talked about for ages now I feel but with the type circle we see in the trailer I feel like if we ever were to get a new typing, it wouldn't happen in this gen

I don’t really feel like a sound type would make sense at all
I think the main draw/call for it is the large amount of moves that could fall under it (Hyper Voice. Growl. Snore. Sing. Uproar. Roar. Supersonic, Sonic Boom. Screech. Belly Drum. Perish Song. Sleep Talk. Heal Bell. Encore, Metal Sound. Howl. Chatter. Round. Echoed Voice. Noble Roar. Disarming Voice. etc) as well as the fact it might help out some pokemon like the Whismer line and Noibat line, I've seen people say Spinda as well as sound could be expanded to things like dance. Other pokemon that would fall into this would probably be chimecho / chatot / kricketune / meloetta / tympole etc

Personally I'm eh on it, but to be fair I didn't think we would ever get fairy type either.

Outside of sound type the most popular fan types would probably be cosmic or light - of the three I think sound would work the best.

This all being said if they were doing anything for types I would love for them to rework ground/rock into earth or something, only for the fact that I always get those two mixed up 80% of the time - however I feel like types are more or less fine right now (as someone who only plays casually..minus the fact I feel like ice type is kind of weak)

Last edited:
I don’t really feel like a sound type would make sense at all
I second this. Sound is really its own separate mechanic. And it wouldn't make any sense in terms of type advantages/disadvantages. Like, what types would be weak to sound? What would be strong against it? How do you more effectively beat up a noise?

Light would make more sense, but there's no place for it as far as improving balance goes.

i think sound could probably work if you added a bit of fantasy into it. for some reason i can picture fighting beating sound? its one of those things that makes more sense when you dont have to explain it, i dont know if anyones following my weird logic or anything... of course im just biased because a lot of my fakemon are based on the concept of music/sound lol. i think light would be neat, but its based on the misconception that dark is supposed to actually represent shadows and stuff.

again though, if they do introduce a new type, i want it to be sound. probably not happening in this gen though. i think the new region is based on spain? and like. i dont know. i never associated spain with sound/music. sure do associate brazil with sound though! maybe im biased because i am brazillian, but im still waiting for my brazil region, gamefreak...

(if we end up getting a new type this gen im eating my words and my shoes)

I second this. Sound is really its own separate mechanic. And it wouldn't make any sense in terms of type advantages/disadvantages. Like, what types would be weak to sound? What would be strong against it? How do you more effectively beat up a noise?

Light would make more sense, but there's no place for it as far as improving balance goes.
The Light type's probable niche is already occupied by Fairy (literal light) and Fighting (moral light).

The Light type's probable niche is already occupied by Fairy (literal light) and Fighting (moral light).
Yeeeah, like I said, there's no place for it.

I think the only gap would be to try to make Ice less weak but none of the proposed types would balance things out for Ice. Better to just change up the Ice type than add another type in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom