• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

I had just enough oomph left to write the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Fox Fyre").

The party is heading toward the next Undead Base, having learned of it from the previous village. Nina sends her new familiar, Phantom, to scope it out and see who they're up against. It's revealed to be General Bloodgore, who Kettu knows all too well. We finally learn his motivation for fighting Muu: to get revenge for Bloodgore killing Kettu's younger brother, Felix, and giving his soul to Muu. While fighting for revenge isn't wise the party understands why, especially Sir Reginald, as he's an older brother, too. So they devise a plan to allow Kettu to fight Bloodgore solo while they keep the basic Undead Soldiers out of his hair, though they'll jump in if he gets into a bind. Kettu decides to use his Shaman Magic Bracelet, as his Werebeast form wasn't enough to stop Bloodgore last time when he killed Felix. The battle begins. Kettu uses the Fire and Dark elements to create Fox Fyre, which grants him several great immunities to Bloodgore's abilities, such as all Dark elemental magic and even the Death spell, thus limiting Bloodgore's options. He puts the Undead General on a timer with Will-O-Wisp while also burning him with Illusion Flames. Kettu's Shaman form proves to be too much for Bloodgore and he's destroyed, giving Kettu a bit of piece of mind knowing he destroyed his bother's murderer. He knows the job is only half done but he feels better knowing he took down the Undead General that dragged him into the war with Muu in the first place. The party blows up the Undead Base and moves on. The next chapter, "Egotistical Eoleo", features exactly what the title states. Oh boy. Poor Nova and Nina.

I wrote 730 more words for that fic I'm working on, but I think tomorrow I will go ahead and try to come up with something new for it because while I have been able to come up with ideas, I just don't like it. Hope I'll have something ready for the week when I go back to work, in case it's slow.

Edit: Google Docs just glitched and I accidentally deleted all the words I had just written because I had them highlighted and I hit back... and then exited the document without realizing I had deleted everything, so I can't go back to version history. Well, gosh dang, I guess that's a sign I do need to come up with something better for this.

Last edited:
I wrote 730 more words for that fic I'm working on, but I think tomorrow I will go ahead and try to come up with something new for it because while I have been able to come up with ideas, I just don't like it. Hope I'll have something ready for the week when I go back to work, in case it's slow.

Edit: Google Docs just glitched and I accidentally deleted all the words I had just written because I had them highlighted and I hit back... and then exited the document without realizing I had deleted everything, so I can't go back to version history. Well, gosh dang, I guess that's a sign I do need to come up with something better for this.
All that work...WASTED!

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning because I got up too early ("Egotistical Eoleo").

The party is making their way to the next town, thinking about how much money they can get for the monster parts they've gotten. However, not long after they are confronted by Eoleo and his two packmates, though Nova and Nina trick him into running face-first into a boulder when he tries to tackle Nina. Eoleo declares that he's now in the fight against Muu, though the party is unimpressed. Ian and Hunter reveal that Eoleo's motives are to impress Nina, much to Eoleo's fury, revealing he can't take any sort of criticism to the group. The party calls him out on his selfishness, especially Nova, Nina, and Zeeker, as he's throwing himself into a war that has lasted 3,000+ years with no plan simply to prove his "superiority" to Nova. While Nova admits he's has a selfish reason to fight (to survive) he understands the gravity of the situation and genuinely wants to help protect Edyn, especially since Muu could very easily move onto another world like Earth if he succeeds in conquering Edyn. Thus despite having at least one selfish reason to fight Nova is at least proving to be the superior one due to the fact he wants to help the people of Edyn, especially his new friends, while Eoleo is simply using it as a cock fight. After enough back and forth the party simply walks away, as it's proving to be pointless to try to convince Eoleo to take the war seriously, leaving him to blow a temper tantrum in response. Eoleo vows to prove himself and win Nina as his pack queen. The next chapter, "Proving Grounds", will feature Eoleo attempting to prove what he vowed to the party in his first fight against Muu.

Forgive the double post but because I was bored (and because I'm still sick so I can't see my mom for Mother's Day today) I spent the time writing the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Proving Grounds").

The party has stopped at a magical campsite for the night. However, they are soon joined by Eoleo and his two packmates. Ian and Hunter beg the party to share food with them, as Eoleo failed to hunt for food, to which the party reluctantly complies, although Eoleo won't accept food from a human like Nova, so he doesn't eat. The following morning after breakfast Eoleo and his packmates continue to tail after the heroes in order to prove his worth. They then stumble upon an Undead Army platoon (minus any Undead Captain/General) building a new Undead Base. Before the party can make an effective plan Eoleo recklessly runs in to fight the Undead Army to prove himself. However, the only thing he proves is how weak he is, as he can't even begin to harm a single Undead Soldier, requiring the party to continuously rescue him whenever he's about to be killed, which he proves to be ungrateful about. After the last Undead Soldier is slain and the unfinished Undead Base is destroyed the party tears into Eoleo for his reckless stunt and complete ingratitude for them saving his life multiple times. Nina performs a vicious "Reason You Suck" speech on the Werecat, declaring her hatred for him, before the party moves on, leaving the three Werecats behind. Ian and Hunter knows the party is right and try to convince Eoleo to stop but he decides he needs to train more and become stronger so the party will respect his greatness, much to his packmates' dismay. The next chapter, "Valiant Van", will be a Van-focused chapter, along with the debut of his Shaman form.

Forgive the now triple post but I managed to have a small spark and came up with two more Shaman forms for Dawn of Courage: one for Nova and one for Nina, giving them two and four, respectively. Nova gets the Supernova Starfire (Fire/Light) while Nina gets the Sea Witch Siren (Water/Light). Some abilities include, but not limited to: Ice Coffin, Siren's Song, Nebula Storm, Solar Wind, and Wave Crash. Some new effects include, but not limited to: Nina being able to melt into water to become invisible and intangible (great for sneak attacks), can shapeshift at will, can absorb light from other sources to increase own power temporarily, and Nova gaining flight.

510 today. Nothing Thursday or Friday due to being eaten occupied by the 3D printer I got, and nothing yesterday for some kinda R&R. Scene kinda turned out a little different than I had imagined, but it probably works out better overall.

Did a bunch of before bed edits to various character bios, most notably Nova, Nina, Dominic, and Eoleo. Nova and Nina share a fair few new additions due to it concerning their relationship, but current and when the series ends, which I won't say to avoid spoilers. Nina's probably got the most edits, though, not only to reflect her newest Shaman form, but expanding other traits about her and her Shaman forms. Some examples include certain powers the forms have (Nymph Wing can restore plant life, to the point it can save an entire magical forest with enough energy), some of the changes to her body in some forms (Lilith Wing increases her already large bust size even further while Sea Witch Siren turns her body into a jell-like structure a la Undine from Monster Rancher), and that her mind/personality is often affected by the forms more than the rest of the cast (Lilith Wing turns her into a full-blow Heroic Seductress by increasing her sex drive, while Nymph Wing makes her more coy and timid due to the fact that fairy-like entities are timid and shy), along with a few general edits to other non-Shaman bits about her. As for Dominic and Eoleo they both got similar things, mostly reflecting how weak they truly are despite their bragging, how they often get the group into trouble because of their bravados, how much the main cast hates them, their final fates, and other related stuff.

Eight pages for the rest of second wind today, and with that I’m fucking done with the first draft! Feels nice to be finishing something for the first time in two months.

346 words of various moments scattered around a new chapter of The First Steps as different bits and pieces of inspiration for scenes floated through my mind. I'll stitch them all together gradually as the rest of the chapter takes shape, but I find it helpful to get bits down onto metaphorical paper as my brain spits out good ideas for them.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Valiant Van") despite having just recovered from a migraine.

Anyway, the party is making their way to the next village, which is a Centaur village. When they get there they learn that the Centaurs had attacked an Undead Base but encountered an Undead Captain powered by a fallen soul, who also claimed the life of their leader: Chief Thunderclap. His wife, Chiefess Roseroot, has been doing her best to lead and restore morale but it's been an uphill battle. Van takes the reins in getting his fellow Centaurs back on their feet while the rest of the party helps anyway they can. After some food and planning they go after the Undead Army platoon led by Captain Spinesnapper. Van uses his Shaman Magic Bracelet to become the Guardian of Edyn and is able to defeat Captain Spinesnapper, freeing the soul that powered him, revealing it to be another one of Zeeker's friends from the Beastman Resistance. They then find a crystal that contains Chief Thunderclap's soul and destroy it, freeing him, allowing both souls to move on peacefully. The Centaurs decide to have a celebration for their victory and invite the party to join them. The next chapter, "Magical Malfunction", features Nina getting her second Shaman form, though not the way she intended.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Magical Malfunction"). A bit stop-and-go because my computer was acting strange, freezing randomly before starting back up again, but I eventually got it finished.

Anyway, the party enters a volcanic area where the Mt. Iselina and the Iselina Tarpits resided. Nova learns that this area has very fertile soil due to the crushed Magna Crystals and Mana Stones in it, but those very same items when combined with intense heat and the nearby volcano can create a very dangerous type of tar, so anyone who sets up farms in the area needs to be careful. However, when the party finds said farmlands they've all been burned to the ground. It appears another enhanced monster, this time a Fire Jelly, a type of Fire element jellyfish, destroyed the farmlands, though they don't know what could've enhanced it. The party heads for the Mana Stone quarry, an old mine that's been tapped out of Mana Stones, since that's where the monster seems to hang out. They are confronted by the enhanced Fire Jelly but when Nina attempts to use the Shaman Magic Bracelet to become the Goddess of Phoenixes to gain an immunity to Fire, she's struck by mana energy, causing the bracelet to malfunction, randomly pick some elements, and forcefully transform her into her second Shaman form: the Wood/Wind form Nymph Wing, which puts her at a serious disadvantage. Worst of all, she can't cancel the fusion on command, so she's stuck in it until the mana energy in the bracelet runs out. Plus the form seems to affect her mind, as she's more easily intimidated. The party keeps the monster distracted while Nova gives Nina a pep talk, restoring her confidence and allowing her to improvise by using the form's unique talents against the Fire Jelly, ultimately killing it. The party then finds the source of the problem: an Alpha Mana Stone was accidentally unearthed due to tectonic shifts from the nearby volcano, attracting the Fire Jelly and evolving it. They manage to remove the Alpha Mana Stone and Nova puts it in his Digi-Pack for safekeeping. They return to the farmers who are still upset about their hard work being destroyed. Since Nina is still stuck in her new Shaman form she uses its Wood properties to restore the farmlands to the way they were, with the farmers throwing a celebration as thanks. The next chapter, "Love at First Flight" (very original, I know), features yet another love triangle forming, to Nova's and Nina's dismay.

Back
Top Bottom