• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all we really can gather is that the gimmick involves something similar to adding STAB to a certain type. It feels like everything else about the gimmick being spread the past hour was fake.

That and the Jigglypuff and Amoongus really ARE past/ancient forms. Which leaves me with two questions:

1. Is Hisuian Sneasel this same kind of form?

2. Will any fossil Pokémon have past forms? (Pleeeeeease)

So all we really can gather is that the gimmick involves something similar to adding STAB to a certain type. It feels like everything else about the gimmick being spread the past hour was fake.

That and the Jigglypuff and Amoongus really ARE past/ancient forms. Which leaves me with two questions:

1. Is Hisuian Sneasel this same kind of form?

2. Will any fossil Pokémon have past forms? (Pleeeeeease)
Probably not. Oh and not everything was fake regarding the mechanic, just look at what @Kerhelion posted. That's verified information.

Fossil Pokémon are depicted to look the same in images/frames from their original periods of time (TCG and certain Anime episodes). I'm well aware some dex-entries talk about them looking differently, but I've always perceived that as just some in-universe fluff.

Ah, so that's what Khu said by "weird" translation. Do anyone have the picture in Japanese? I'm curious to read the original one.

Probably not. Oh and not everything was fake regarding the mechanic, just look at what @Kerhelion posted. That's verified information.

Fossil Pokémon are depicted to look the same in images/frames from their original periods of time (TCG and certain Anime episodes). I'm well aware some dex-entries talk about them looking differently, but I've always perceived that as just some in-universe fluff.
Was anything in those ResetEra posts missing from what I said? All I can gather is that it’s a temporary STAB-like buff to a certain type that goes away when you recall your Pokémon (just like any other stat change). Just checking that I’m not missing anything.

And while sure, images of fossil Pokémon from their eras exist, so do tons of images of dinosaurs without feathers, for example. We know fossil resurrection can be off thanks to the mess that is the Galar fossils, so who’s to say those artworks of fossil Pokémon are based on incorrect info?

This gimmick is just... Z-Moves... Reskinned?

Not going to lie, not excited about it. For the love of god at least re-use the gimmicks and expand on them.

Also, lol, gyms in any order but no level scaling. I knew it. GameFreak can't do something like this. Mudded.

Even though gyms can be done in any order....didn't they state that they don't scale to your level?

It could just be that you can only technically do them in any order, but in practice you'll be forced (or at least, heavily encouraged) to take them on in a certain order due to some of them being way above your level.

Like how in Xenoblade Chronicles you can fight that hulking giant in Gaur Plains who's level 80 right from the start of the game....doesn't mean you should.

No level-scaling, though, so I guess there will be a selection of available team-setups.
My prediction for how they'll do leader scaling is that each gym leader has eight teams, based on how many badges you have at the time you fight them. That way they don't have to do algorithmic level scaling (which imo sucks ass and ruins games) while still keeping them balanced for when they're challenged.

Also, if Ancient Forms are real, it's safe to say Megas are shown the door.

Mega Aerodactyl is said/implied in dex entries to already be the form Aerodactyl had in the past, as Mega Evolution restored its genes. So either it could never get a form so they don't have to retcon it, or Megas are gone and shelved.

Also Ancient Forms go hand in hand with Fossils, so I'm surprised there's no real Fossils. Sure, there's the ones of other generations, but I think new Fossils would have been perfect to start off Ancient Forms with.

My prediction for how they'll do leader scaling is that each gym leader has eight teams, based on how many badges you have at the time you fight them. That way they don't have to do algorithmic level scaling (which imo sucks ass and ruins games) while still keeping them balanced for when they're challenged.
I’m hoping it’s this.

That or the first three are all about the same levels (around 20-25), so you rely on type matchups to help you with the first couple, then the next three are about the same level (35-40), but by that point you have many types so it’s more just choice, and then the last two are just generally tough and high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom