• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who was curious, the datamined list of New Items is out. No special item for Tinkaton, unless its an existing item that received a new effect. Wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

one thing I really appreciate is the detail on Luvdisc. You can clearly see those heart scales on that fish now as opposed to older generations when it always appears smoothly scaleless
pokedex_capture_thum_370.png

It seems the new items have leaked as well, and while I can’t access the pastebin file, Centro specifically replied to a question and stated there’s no item they boost Tinkaton’s attack.

Which, again, makes sense to me, in the context that they created that Pokémon with a one-move gimmick in mind (and in the confine of that gimmick, it still deals massive damage, superior to Pokémon like Groudon, Landorus or Tyranitar using a 100BP stab move).

It’s stats are still a bit lackluster, as I think it’d have need a bit more defense, at least, but it does learn Sword Dance and with Own Tempo it can’t be intimidated.

Is the day one patch only there for balance, or is there some missing content that gets added to the games like some sort of side quest?

It seems the new items have leaked as well, and while I can’t access the pastebin file, Centro specifically replied to a question and stated there’s no item they boost Tinkaton’s attack.

Which, again, makes sense to me, in the context that they created that Pokémon with a one-move gimmick in mind (and in the confine of that gimmick, it still deals massive damage, superior to Pokémon like Groudon, Landorus or Tyranitar using a 100BP stab move).

It’s stats are still a bit lackluster, as I think it’d have need a bit more defense, at least, but it does learn Sword Dance and with Own Tempo it can’t be intimidated.
It sucks that such a potentially powerful mons already had it's wings clipped before it could take off. It feels like a waste for such a cool mon.

Is the day one patch only there for balance, or is there some missing content that gets added to the games like some sort of side quest?
The 1.1.0 patch was stability and a fix for the jerky framerate from the previews.

The day one patch might just be online at this point.

Last edited:
Pastebin for the Scarlet entries are out.

I have to say, the Iron Jugilis one is my favorite so far:

Iron Jugulis: It resembles a certain Pokémon introduced in a paranormal magazine, described as the offspring of a Hydreigon that fell in love with a robot.

That entry for Quaxly is interesting, especially taking this into account.

Quaxly appears to be based on a young crested duck.
The Crested is a breed of domestic duck. It was probably brought to Europe from the East Indies by Dutch ships.

More Dutch reference... combine that with the Grass gym town Artazon looking like Dutch inspired town, a Netherlands region is likely to come in the future

While I don't have that strong issues to find candidates for my teams, I have a similar issue with the starters and the paradox forms.
Although I would like to know what late in the game means in that regard - given the 3 stories, can I just finish Pepper's story, unlock the paradox forms and use them for the other 2 stories or is it required to pass a certain point in each of the stories to unlock access
The thing about the starters for me is that based on these models, none really stick. I'm not really feeling any of them. I had the same with SwSh and it took until the release of the 2D arts that I began warming up to Rillaboom and that he solidified himself as 'the starter'.

From what I've heard, read and seen on Paradoxes, it's just outright post-game. So I assume after a certain checkmark has been hit for all 3 adventures. It seems a bit weird you can freely switch adventures as you play but 'cheese' 2 by clearing one fully and then getting access to everything.

So based on the various streams I’ve watched, version exclusives seem to be the following so far:

Scarlet: Ancient Paradox Pokemon, Armorouge, Larvitar line, Oranguru, Sableye, Stonjourner, Seviper

Violet: Future Paradox Pokemon, Ceruledge, Bagon line, Passimian, Mawile, Eiscue, Zangoose

The thing about the starters for me is that based on these models, none really stick. I'm not really feeling any of them. I had the same with SwSh and it took until the release of the 2D arts that I began warming up to Rillaboom and that he solidified himself as 'the starter'.

From what I've heard, read and seen on Paradoxes, it's just outright post-game. So I assume after a certain checkmark has been hit for all 3 adventures. It seems a bit weird you can freely switch adventures as you play but 'cheese' 2 by clearing one fully and then getting access to everything.
In SwSh it was so bad for me that I just took Sobble and immediately placed it in the box, played until I reached the daycare, grabbed a Mudkip and a Ditto via home and breeded me a new Mudkip - sadly this won't be possible this time so I might just go without a starter at all.

Maybe there's level scaling in Gen 10, seems like a logical step (then again, it also seems like a logical step to allow turn the exp share into an optional feature and yet here we are).

Question: How does Tandemaus evolve? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I belive all the evolutions have been figured out now
Its appears to be a simple level requirement of 25. The only thing people aren't sure about is what determines it's form (3 vs 4).

In SwSh it was so bad for me that I just took Sobble and immediately placed it in the box, played until I reached the daycare, grabbed a Mudkip and a Ditto via home and breeded me a new Mudkip - sadly this won't be possible this time so I might just go without a starter at all.

Maybe there's level scaling in Gen 10, seems like a logical step (then again, it also seems like a logical step to allow turn the exp share into an optional feature and yet here we are).
I personally don’t think they’ll add level
Scaling, even with great backlash upon release (which I’m not sure will happen, as the fanbase is divided on the issue). It seems the levelling is done well enough in the main story, but I fear rotating Pokémon could be needed to not overlevel…although the new let’s go feature might help in ease that issue.

It sucks that such a potentially powerful mons already had it's wings clipped before it could take off. It feels like a waste for such a cool mon.
I don’t disagree with you, as I like the concept and descriptions of the line.

I’d have preferred if they didn’t focus on the move for the gimmick (which admittedly is tied on the lore of the Pokémon, as the hammer seems necessary for the line). Even if it remains powerful when using the signature, its potential is a bit limited in competitive.

In the main playthrough I’ll either run a SD set or give it Protect and use that move after GH. At least it gets the move when it evolves

What if its nature... just like how nature determines which Toxtricity form you get.
Last I checked, the people at 4ch had tested and debunked natures. They seemed to conclude that it was probably "random" like Wurmple's evolutions and moved on to Dudunsparce's, which they've had equally little luck figuring out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom