• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doubting that the third legendary has any connection to the Paradox Pokemon.
But it already has a connection; The crystals were used to make the machine, as well as the AI version of the professor. The creature is in the midst of all mysteries surrounding Area Zero, what with the mysterious steel tablet, the weird circles in the cave, the Herba Mystica and the dreams and images it gave Heath and his expedition members.

Looks like competitive is going to be impacted by the buggy state of this game as well, because Battle Stadium is going to keep the same RNG seed for every single battle no matter what. Prepare for OHKO moves like Sheer Cold to be the new meta!

Seriously, you'd think that they'd at least test out the competitive side of things before adding online functionality to the games.

Scarlet and Violet are now the worst reviewed pokemon games (from the main serie) on Metacritic, with a score of 73/100.
BDSP have the same score of 73/100 but the user's score for these games is higher (5.3-5.5 vs 2.9-3-4)

Scarlet and Violet are now the worst reviewed pokemon games (from the main serie) on Metacritic, with a score of 73/100.
BDSP have the same score of 73/100 but the user's score for these games is higher (5.3-5.5 vs 2.9-3-4)
And it's all because of those damn bugs

If not for that it'd easily be one of the highest

Is it just me or does the new Pokédex suck? And by that I don't mean the Pokémon themselves, I'm talking about the general interface. Could also be that I'm not seeing the forest for the trees, but where is the search function? Why can't I "skip" several entries at once instead to scroll through each one individually? I mean come on, those were useful (and basic) functions that got removed for no apparent reason :bulbaFacepalm: :confused_emoji:
Edit: It's also pretty frustrating that they reset the bag menu all the time.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the new Pokédex suck? And by that I don't mean the Pokémon themselves, I'm talking about the general interface. Could also be that I'm not seeing the forest for the trees, but where is the search function? Why can't I "skip" several entries at once instead to scroll through each one individually? I mean come on, those were useful (and basic) functions that got removed for no apparent reason :bulbaFacepalm: :confused_emoji:
They took out a lot of useful features.

And it's all because of those damn bugs

If not for that it'd easily be one of the highest
Let's talk about the absence of level scaling, the absence of explorable houses and cities (they are just placeholder places with the same restaurants), let's talk about the game design (the gym tests are among the worst things GF has ever made) or the routes full of the same pokemon put there randomly. Let's talk about the huge mountain that has litterally nothing apart from gyms.
These games are just unfinished. It's obvious. The score they deserve is 5.5 just because the main plot is not terrible as everything else.

Let's talk about the absence of level scaling, the absence of explorable houses and cities (they are just placeholder places with the same restaurants), let's talk about the game design (the gym tests are among the worst things GF has ever made) or the routes full of the same pokemon put there randomly. Let's talk about the huge mountain that has litterally nothing apart from gyms.
These games are just unfinished. It's obvious. The score they deserve is 5.5 just because the main plot is not terrible as everything else.
Sword and Shield had similar problems but that got an 8.0

Sword and Shield had similar problems but that got an 8.0
No way. Even if not a lot, you could enter some houses. Here everything feels souless. The gym tests in Sw/Sh were waaaay better than these (copy my emotions! Really?). Galar felt like a real pokemon region with its biomes. In Paldea most pokemon live everywhere without any sense.
Sw/Sh had their evident problems but Scarlet and Violet are litterally a mess.

this isn't something that meaningfully affects the experience positively at least. Putting level scaling in RPG's where a massive point of the appeal is watching your party grow over time is borderline trolling and removes a lot of the incentive to actually make your team stronger. The level curve in the game is fine so long as you aren't mindlessly grinding in between badges. Lack of level scaling also gives the player the option to either challenge themselves by purposefully seeking out higher levelled objectives or have an easier time doing the opposite. I don't know where this narrative started that the games needed level scaling if they were gonna let them be done in any order because scaling actually restricts the experience a lot more.

I don't know where this narrative started that the games needed level scaling if they were gonna let them be done in any order because scaling actually restricts the experience a lot more.
I remember back when scaling was something people regularly complained about being in games. I'm not sure when the pendulum swung in the other direction.

this isn't something that meaningfully affects the experience positively at least. Putting level scaling in RPG's where a massive point of the appeal is watching your party grow over time is borderline trolling and removes a lot of the incentive to actually make your team stronger. The level curve in the game is fine so long as you aren't mindlessly grinding in between badges. Lack of level scaling also gives the player the option to either challenge themselves by purposefully seeking out higher levelled objectives or have an easier time doing the opposite. I don't know where this narrative started that the games needed level scaling if they were gonna let them be done in any order because scaling actually restricts the experience a lot more.
You know, that makes sense. Why strengthen your team when the next Gym Leader is just going to have similar levels to your team?

Level scaling and level matching are not the same thing. That said, I think these games went about it in a mostly fine way, but it would have been good to maybe have the direction set a little more explicitly than having to ask the nurse.

I also think there is room for strategy to be involved. It would be okay to have say both the first 2 gyms be about level 20, but maybe the second one you face instead of being higher level uses items, or set up moves or weather. Then repeat in pairs of 2, so the third you face is a normal battle, but the forth you face uses entry hazards for example. Just keep doing different things, and use the gyms to teach new players about strategies.

There's a big flaw in the logic anyway. Now I don't know how this was treated in Violet, but in Scarlet, the reports about the paradox mon are several hundreds of years old. The prof claimed that she brought the first paradox Pokémon (Koraidon) to Paldea with the time machine that she has built. Either I'm missing a detail (likely) or there is something wrong with the whole story (also likely, time traveling related things tend to have these kinda issues).
Someone who's finished Violet please tell us how they handled it with the whole future thing, because if they basically just replaced past with future whenever possible this makes even less sense lol.
I just talked to Arven and he noticed the same :ROFLMAO:

I think level scaling can be very well implemented if done right. The trick would be to scale by both location and gym badges:

When you start the game, the location can determine levels somewhat: Routes closer to the starting town have lower leveled pokemon (lv. 2-4) , and the farther away from that town, the slightly higher the levels will get (lv. 5-9) - but still with limits. Then, once you get a gym badge, the badge itself adds more scaling depending on its location: Lower levels closer to the badge town, and higher levels farther away from it.

In this manner, a player can enter gyms and towns in whatever order they'd like, and less likely to to get either under or overleveled. There are lots of ways to polish this system up, too - Maybe more overworld trainers, special and new pokemon, and events come out as you gain more gym badges. There's plenty of potential for such a foundation like this should it get embraced.

No way. Even if not a lot, you could enter some houses. Here everything feels souless. The gym tests in Sw/Sh were waaaay better than these (copy my emotions! Really?). Galar felt like a real pokemon region with its biomes. In Paldea most pokemon live everywhere without any sense.
Sw/Sh had their evident problems but Scarlet and Violet are litterally a mess.
lol that's just an opinion.

This was way better than SWSH. SWSH had a nonsensical wild area that made no sense.

People be hating on SCVI but it's the most enjoyable Pokemon game.

But I've now learnt that the echo chamber criticism on Reddit and online is just that. Dexit was screamed to the roof tops and in the end, no one cared and people still bought the game and others after it.

They probably don't compare to AAA games but I'm not a gamer. Maybe that's the demo of many/most Pokemon players and that has allowed Pokemon to be continuously behind the curve. After all, the formula works. Do I want more? Of course. But the exaggerated criticism is a joke and reinforcing the idea that online, more than anything, /= reality.

As for the houses, yeah it was lame that they were mainly just models or screens, but it didn't dampen my experience much because of being able to explore the wild where Pokemon actually are. Criticism of SWSH being just hallways was legit. Pokemon should explore further what kind of experience/usability towns/cities/people should offer and build around that, but as that is secondary to the improving experience of exploring/catching/training etc. it isn't a deal breaker.

lol that's just an opinion.

This was way better than SWSH. SWSH had a nonsensical wild area that made no sense.

People be hating on SCVI but it's the most enjoyable Pokemon game.

But I've now learnt that the echo chamber criticism on Reddit and online is just that. Dexit was screamed to the roof tops and in the end, no one cared and people still bought the game and others after it.

They probably don't compare to AAA games but I'm not a gamer. Maybe that's the demo of many/most Pokemon players and that has allowed Pokemon to be continuously behind the curve. After all, the formula works. Do I want more? Of course. But the exaggerated criticism is a joke and reinforcing the idea that online, more than anything, ≠ reality.

As for the houses, yeah it was lame that they were mainly just models or screens, but it didn't dampen my experience much because of being able to explore the wild where Pokemon actually are. Criticism of SWSH being just hallways was legit. Pokemon should explore further what kind of experience/usability towns/cities/people should offer and build around that, but as that is secondary to the improving experience of exploring/catching/training etc. it isn't a deal breaker.
Yeah. This is the community now.
SwSh was actually sick. Speaking of houses, it‘s because Game Freak needed to concentrate on the open-world experience. They just couldn’t do both. If they did, this would definitely result in more glitches than there is. (At least you can enter your house. SV wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom