• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the main concern I had about that. When reviewing the list and I noticed those two missing, I assumed the Suicune and Virizion forms. But that might make more sense
Yeah. I don't think that these are the National Dex numbers unless they originally intended to have the Suicune and Virizion Paradoxes in the base game but were later held back for DLC, which I don't know if they would do. I don't know if Game Freak would jump on the bandwagon of deliberately removing content from the base game to sell it later on as DLC.

Speaking of Tinkatink... it is National Dex #1000. One question: why? Why such an unimportant and (IMO) unimpressive Pokémon to be the 1000th? Tinkaton would've been better, but I wanted something like a new Mythical or Legendary Pokémon to fulfill that role
Personally, I'm really hoping for Gholdengo to be #1000 in the National Dex. It would make perfect sense symbolically too, since Gimmighoul evolves into it by gathering 999 coins.

I don't know if Game Freak would jump on the bandwagon of deliberately removing content from the base game to sell it later on as DLC.
No horse in this race but cmon lol. If they released this game as is they would 1000% cut two non essential new Pokémon to use to promote dlc

After 5 days, I have to say these games have so many bugs and glitches to the point that It is embarassing to play.
I'm shocked they've decided to release them in these conditions. And yet no sign of a patch. Incredible.

Speaking of Tinkatink... it is National Dex #1000. One question: why? Why such an unimportant and (IMO) unimpressive Pokémon to be the 1000th? Tinkaton would've been better, but I wanted something like a new Mythical or Legendary Pokémon to fulfill that role
Also, most of the x00 Pokemon are pretty insignificant.

100: Voltorb
200: Misdreavus
300: Skitty
400: Bibarel
500: Emboar
600: Klang
700: Sylveon
800: Necrozma
900: Kleavor

Most of the x00 slots are occupied by normal Pokemon. The only exceptions are slot 500, which is occupied by a fully evolved starter, 700, which is occupied by an Eeveelution, and 800 which is occupied by a box legendary.

Also, most of the x00 Pokemon are pretty insignificant.

100: Voltorb
200: Misdreavus
300: Skitty
400: Bibarel
500: Emboar
600: Klang
700: Sylveon
800: Necrozma
900: Kleavor

Most of the x00 slots are occupied by normal Pokemon. The only exceptions are slot 500, which is occupied by a fully evolved starter, 700, which is occupied by an Eeveelution, and 800 which is occupied by a box legendary.

The only time they seemed to do something special with a x00 pokemon is victini being number 000, and that's just in the unova dex.

Given how greedy they became I could see them doing so. I'll go even further and say this is (partially) the reason for dexit.

I mean... its potentially not even the first time they have done it. Fletchling weathervain in Sword and Shield and Poliwag shirt in Sword and Shield potentially suggests at least those 2 were considered to be base game mons.

I mean... its potentially not even the first time they have done it. Fletchling weathervain in Sword and Shield and Poliwag shirt in Sword and Shield potentially suggests at least those 2 were considered to be base game mons.
I don’t really know if this suggests that at all. Just nodding to other Pokémon doesn’t imply that they were gonna be in the game—it merely acknowledges that they exist in universe

I don’t really know if this suggests that at all. Just nodding to other Pokémon doesn’t imply that they were gonna be in the game—it merely acknowledges that they exist in universe
Considering that SM also had more than a few nods to Pokémon that weren’t in the regional dex.

I swear I've seen like 3 seperate reports on what's the official 1000th Pokémon

I've heard, Gholdengo, I've heard one of the paradox mon (don't remember which), and now this is the first time I'm hearing Tinkatuff.

After 5 days, I have to say these games have so many bugs and glitches to the point that It is embarassing to play.
I'm shocked they've decided to release them in these conditions. And yet no sign of a patch. Incredible.

Digital Foundry made a video about it, summing up all the issues

There's apparently some traction behind people demanding refunds for the games. NoA might start doing damage control over this shortly but who knows?

just hoping that the DLC expand more on the divergent species and regional variants. Would be a shame if the only new mons we got were paradox suicine, virizon, and 3rd legend but I don't think that'll be the case.

Really interested in seeing how the overall expansions will be approached too. It worked well in Sw/Sh bc the areas we got were blatant "wild areas but much, much better", but for Paldea, the map is so goddamn huge, how do you realistically take a slice of that and build upon it? I could see it working if the areas are just part of the map that we cant access yet and are much more detailed, with dungeons, landmarks,etc. Overall I'm pretty excited.

Digital Foundry made a video about it, summing up all the issues

Gods, that's almost embarassing to watch. I hope GF manages to patch some of the issues, sooner rathern than later.

It's such a fun game, yet the visuals just suck.

just hoping that the DLC expand more on the divergent species and regional variants. Would be a shame if the only new mons we got were paradox suicine, virizon, and 3rd legend but I don't think that'll be the case.

Really interested in seeing how the overall expansions will be approached too. It worked well in Sw/Sh bc the areas we got were blatant "wild areas but much, much better", but for Paldea, the map is so goddamn huge, how do you realistically take a slice of that and build upon it? I could see it working if the areas are just part of the map that we cant access yet and are much more detailed, with dungeons, landmarks,etc. Overall I'm pretty excited.

At this point i am seriously expecting Gamefreak not to bring out digital copies of the DLC, but will put them in the SV games next year (Just like they did with SV), just to get rid of the Glitches/bugs in the game (WHY DO PEOPLE WANT TO GET RID OF THE BUGS, THEY ARE A POKEMON TYPE SO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE;)) without needing to actually update the current SV games... just so they can get money for a complete game + DLC instead of only DLC digitally.

At this point i am seriously expecting Gamefreak not to bring out digital copies of the DLC, but will put them in the SV games next year (Just like they did with SV), just to get rid of the Glitches/bugs in the game (WHY DO PEOPLE WANT TO GET RID OF THE BUGS, THEY ARE A POKEMON TYPE SO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE;)) without needing to actually update the current SV games... just so they can get money for a complete game + DLC instead of only DLC digitally.
I also think that this redo will also include entering buildings, endless rematches, etc. that should have been in the game all along. Also, just for good measure these new releases will be called True Scarlet and True Violet just to rub it in that “these titles are the real final product, so please forget about the original releases.”

Last edited:
You know, wasn't Khu wrong about certain elements of the story? Didn't he say or imply stuff like the Paradox Pokemon were created from someone's imagination? We know from the finale that Sada/Turo indeed created a time machine and the machine was pulling these Pokemon from the distant past or future. Then AI Sada/Turo sent themselves through to the distant past or future to shut the machine down.

Last edited:
You know, wasn't Khu wrong about certain elements of the story? Didn't he say or imply stuff like the Paradox Pokemon were created from someone's imagination? We know from the finale that Sada/Turo indeed created a time machine and the machine was pulling these Pokemon from the distant past or future. Then AI Sada/Turo sent themselves through to the distant past or future to shut the machine down.
I think I heard someone say the Chinese version was different because China has a law against time travel and depicting it, so they made the Time Machine a ‘Dream Machine’ instead. That being said, I don’t think that the Paradox Pokémon are a matter of simple time travel either since their Pokédex entries in the opposite version say they were only depicted from a dubious paranormal magazine. This makes me wonder if the third DLC legendary has the power to alter the timeline or something along the lines of a cosmic retcon. The power to alter history on a whim would not only explain a lot, but also pretty scary in its implications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom