• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia RESIDENT EVIL 2 Remake Mafia by RavenRaziel98

End Game
HumanDawn was on a rampage through the city. However, as they saw an advertisement poster for a theme park showing a happy family, their conscious returned for a short period of time.
Realizing what they've done, HumanDawn injected a supplement that destroys the G-Virus, effectively killing themselves.

Hi there!
Thank you for joining RESIDENT EVIL 2 Remake Mafia by RavenRaziel98!

You are Professor William Birkin (Mafia)!

William-birkin-g1_form_resistance.png

As you used the G-Virus on yourself, your body started to mutate, slowly turning you into a terrifying monster. As a result of your visual appearance, people are stunned by fear when you approach them. Therefore you are the Roleblocker!
However, targeting the same target multiple times in a row reduces the chance of success by 50% every time.

Once during night phase you may use "Block: Player“ to prevent a player from using their night action.

You win by eliminating/outnumbering town.

That's all from my part for now.
Feel free to ask me if any questions come up.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

HumanDawn has been killed, they were Professor William Birkin, the Roleblocker!

TOWN AND JESTER HAVE WON! CONGRATULATIONS!

Remaining Players:
ExLight
Mint Elv
ZinnLav
Minish
TheCapsFan
Elieson

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD UNTIL AFTER I POSTED THE FINAL REPORT!

The remaining Role PMs will soon be published in form of Screenshots (since copying them on mobile is horrible).

Last edited:
Alright guys, here is the full report or changes and screw ups that have occurred during the game.

I'm aware that this might be a wall post in the end, but I think transparency and honesty are absolutely important when it comes to these things so let's get started:

Role PMs:
As you might remember, some of the Role PMs have been edited. I had a "base Role PM" prepared that I copy/pasted and edited afterwards. This base didn't include a wincon placeholder which resulted in me forgetting to add them to some of the Role PMs when I first sent them out. This also resulted in ExLight's wincon being worded differently.

Some Role PMs contained minor mistakes (example: You are the Claire Redfield).

Some Role PMs contained weird/false flavor, especially Claire's (Claire didn't save Sherry from (un)dying, it was Anette Birkin who treated her. The only role Claire played in this process was bringing Sherry to NEST (an underground lab of the Umbrella Corporation, the G-Vorus originates from there), basically making her some kinda paramedic. This can still be used to justify the doctor role (a little at least), but that doesn't change the fact that the original flavor was bs).

Vote Counts:
Correct on my sheets, sometimes incorrectly transfered over. I have different ideas on how to improve the Vote Count procedure (assigning balls/marbles the f different colors to the players and place them in boxes assigned to the players for example).

During Day 2 I noticed that quoting all vote related posts helped a lot, because it allowed me to summarize all votes into a single post, but it also bears the risk of screwing up badly by overseeing a vote and quoting it at a later point, potentially resulting in incorrect vote placements because the order is not a linear time line anymore.

Night Action reports:
During Night 2 I realized that I didn't report about the outcome of the night actions in Night 1 (specifically the Vig, the Doc, the Roleblocker and the Strongman). I could pretend that I forgot because a certain chaotic situation occurred, but honestly, I simply forgot. Because of that I handled it the same way the other nights.

Flips:
The sentence about gentlefeather's wound looking nasty did not clarify the bleeding/poison situation. This one was just worded too vaguely from my part.

Setup (Part 1):
Upgraded the Roleblocker from 1-shot to unlimited between the Role PMs being sent out and made it unlimited but with an increasing fail chance if the same target gets multiple times in a row (the doctor worked the same way).
Note: This is an idea I still really like because it prevents spamming but opens the possibility to make a gamble.
This was because I noticed that a 1-shot roleblocker in a set up with that many unblockable roles would be kinda busted. In retrospective a Rolecop would've been the better choice. Sadly, I didn't realize that there was another busted role before it was too late (as mentioned below).

Unlimited Strongman - I realized the problem with that a little too late, a screw up I'll most likely never forget and therefore never do again. This alone is bad but it's even worse if we start to talk about...

...the Vanilla Truck Driver. If I would've replace this role with Ben (forgot his last name, the guy in the prison cell) and made it a tracker/watcher it would've been significantly less busted.

Hated Godfather - I want to explain the reason for the modifier not showing up in Vote Counts. It allowed me to nerf the role that way without making it look sus, because a hated modifier is often associated with scum. In addition to that, the Godfather can be bussed easier in a scenario where the cop has flipped, especially when one scum has flipped already.

And now to the really bad stuff...
The Police Badge fuck up
- now this one is really bad and developed into a dumpster fire within a few moments. As you are aware by now, Ada/DawningWinds had the alternative/additional wincon to retrieve a sample of the G-Virus. The original plan was that DW targets Professor Birkin/HumanDawn and receive a tissue sample of the G-Virus. And here is where I did something insanely thoughtless that opened box of Pandora... During Night 1 DW targeted Lieutenant Marvin Branagh/gentlefeather. Obviously that's not the person that needed to be targeted to win this, but I thought "Letting the action end up without any result would be kinda lame... Let's hand out some kinda collectible just to make it a little less boring and unrewarding!“. Since I didn't had access to my notes in that moment, I decided to open gentle's Role PM in another tab and check the targeted char. After seeing that it was Lieutenant Marvin Branagh I decided "well, retrieving a Police Badge would kinda fit" - I didn't realize at all that this was extremely AI.

To make things even worse, I accidentally sent the result to gentle instead of DW. I realized what I did after very few seconds and immediately edited the message to 404 - but it was too late.

Gentlefeather soon reached out to me and told me that they noticed and told me to replace them with a sub since they had privileged information now.

Technically this would have been the right thing to do (no doubt to that), but I was also aware that I won't be able to find a replacement. I also wanted to avoid a mod kill by any means and I felt guilty for fucking up gentle's game. This resulted in a panic reaction and I needed to come up with a solution that reduces the damage as much as possible, so I decided to roll with it and just make it an official feature by saying “Someone stole your Police Badge!“, which wasn't as smart as I initially thought. DW has basically flavor copped gentle now in an official way, which prevented me from just assigning random meaningless items to the other slots (stuff like a pack of gum, sunglasses, etc). I reached out to Lone_Garurumon and presented several options how to handle the situation. We decided it would be best to just additionally make the whole thing a flavor cop ability now. I assigned flavor items to the slots and just let the show go on, but since there was the infinite Strongman DW never had a chance.

Setup (Part 2):
An additional vig shot paired with some kinda downside was considered on my part during the start of Night 2. This was based on the fact that people were still scum reading gentle after the (not happening) flip even though I tried to make it clear in the flavor text that gentlefeather is town in addition to the fact that gentle wasn't around to claim/explain how the role works/defend themselves + the fact that the infinite Strongman crippled town + the Police Badge fuck up. I was hesitant because of the high chance to backfire + gentle might still show up + the vig already posted IT + I wasn't exactly fond on making set up changes if they ain't inevitable + it would have just been an indirect mod kill, which I didn't want to do in the first place and especially not after the stunts I already pulled off. LG confirmed my doubts and the situation was dismissed.

Gentlefeather lynch:
This got out of hand because I didn't expect gentlefeather's absence and the resulting lack of claiming/explanation/defense. For now I'm unsure why they're missing, something might have come up, but I might also have been to cryptic about wanting them to continue playing despite the situation that I mentioned earlier. I reached out to them during Night 2 to ask but didn't get an answer yet, but since I couldn't rule out that this was my fault, I decided to wait. The flip was inevitable at that point anyway and this way they still had the chance to potentially check in and clarify some things.
Since Town was in an already awkward position because of everything that happened before already, I wanted to imply what's going on during the N2 flip and I felt like that would be easiest and least cryptic way. At least it was an interesting approach I guess, flip would have been way less over the top in case of a nk.
Also are you guys for real? XD
A man with godlike powers that still have certain boundaries, with long hair and wearing the mask of a plague doctor (I already added the mask to make it even more ridiculously obvious, those things are literally designed as beaks), who could that be? :ROFLMAO::bulbaLove:
Situations like these (and the words of LG) helped me a lot when I felt like shit again for having you guys caught up in that mess.
You are the heroes that I need, but not the ones that I deserve!

Conclusion:
This game has overall been a chaotic mess and some decisions I made were without a doubt questionable. Despite this, at least I enjoyed the whole thing overall - but than again, I didn't have to play this dumpster fire so I guess that's not that unreasonable.

E09lpk_VgAIgsy4.jpg

Special thanks:
While I want to thank all players for enduring this chaos, there are some people who I want to thank for specific things - this doesn't mean that I like these players more or that these players were better than the others, they just did things that I wanted to thank for additionally to the fact that they played, these players are:
@ExLight (for watching out for my fuck ups in regards of the Vote Counts)
@Elieson (for coming out of retirement for this, for helping me to improve the Vote Counts and for reminding me to update the sign-up player list)
@Maniacal Engineer (for coming out of retirement for this)
@ZinnLav (for coming out of retirement for this)
@Jinjo (for subbing in)
@Minish (for subbing in despite not being a regular bulbagarden user)
@Mint Elv (for getting some of the "Elders of TWR" to join this game)
@Max1996 (for hanging in without throwing while waiting for a sub)
@Lone_Garurumon (for being a great MoD and helping me through this rocky game, would love to work with you again in future games)

I love all of you guys and I hope you consider playing a RavenRaziel98 Production in the future (although I can understand if you have enough after this one), but regardless of that, I appreciate every single one of you and I feel honored that my first game had such an awesome player lineup!

My apologies for the overall weirdness of the game, it wasn't planned to go down like this and I'll do my best to make future games more enjoyable!

Screenshot_20230316-122141_(1).png

The next game will likely be a bastard chaos game without a base franchise, so flavor won't bleed into the chars/setup at all.

Thank you for your time and for playing the game!

Last edited:
Screenshots_2023-03-20-14-13-21_(1).png

Screenshots_2023-03-20-14-11-35_(1).png

Screenshots_2023-03-20-14-13-06_(1).png

Screenshots_2023-03-20-14-12-54_(1).png

Screenshots_2023-03-20-14-12-16_(1).png

Screenshots_2023-03-20-14-11-59_(1).png

RavenRaziel98,
You are the Host of this game.
Since this kinda makes you a god, you can make almost anything happen.
For example, it allows you to be vibing among the living dead and all the other monsters, just like this guy:

rs-13177-thriller-624-1382985460.jpg

In addition to that, you assigned Nemesis to be your body guard, giving you complete immunity against lynches and kill attempts.

f7d5ead9-0014-4591-97af-6a23de11af85.jpg

Colour legend:
Town
Mafia
Independent(s)
Host

You had an infinite Strongman. Your argument is invalid. :p
We would have to deal with at least 5 players to NK who would be automatically cleared. Cop, doc, masons, vig. 6 if you count Miller. 7 if you count lynchproof who would need to die and can make it to near endgame! That’s half the player base! Maaaybe if we got an extra kill it would work. This all on top a hated role on Mafia themselves, and my Roleblocker was even 1 shot. There was no world we could win this unless Town barely cared about the game. Masons would be better off as Lovers.

Yeah the balance was really weird, especially with that sudden addition of Flavour-Cop, but yeah in the end it turned out weirdly balanced completely by accident.
I've also gotta take some of the blame for the weirdness, I did take a look at a mostly-complete version of the set-up before hand and I absolutely just let shit like Infinite Strongman pass over me because I just was not as attentive to it as I should've been.

Still, you did pretty well at this @RavenRaziel98, you handled the stuff that came up about as well as you could given circumstances. You've definitely learned a lot of stuff too, I'm sure.

Huge thanks to everybody for playing, too. Hope you all enjoyed the game, slightly weird and wacky as it was!

game ends on page 69

kek

This fact makes the game objectively one of the best in mafia history.

@RavenRaziel98 would you like my honest opinion on this game's overall balance and setup (just as a form of general critique)? There are some things in here that I am a fan of seeing in this "Standard" "Not-Standard" setup, and some concerns, but the game itself was overall a neat puzzle to try to solve.

Despite my bitching (and oh my, did I generate a lot of bitching), I did enjoy it.

Also...

A haiku for Elie
Pepperoni and chickpeas
For truthful only

(I probably jacked up the syllables)

But so help me Elie if you’re faking the haiku restriction and forcing us to endure this. You will regret it immensely :) Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :bulbaLove:

Uhh....so....about that....

ME claiming cop is great for him and all, since assuming he's telling the truth, it means he'll probably die sooner rather than later so he doesn't have to play as a role he doesn't like
Also, Caps, this hurt. A lot. The fact that you seemed to assume I was claiming Cop because I would basically rather die than play as that role…it gutted me worse than Mafia actually killing me and then finding out that my death was actually completely in vain because there was an infinite Strongman.

You should know me better than that.

Thanks for hosting @RavenRaziel98! Despite your post about fuck ups, it didn't hinder my enjoyment of the game. I still had a lot of fun, so thanks for asking me to sub in.

GG everyone. HD, I think you probably could've pulled off another day at least. Though I understand feeling caught at that point. And it must be even harder since you're on a work trip so have less time to dedicate. I think you played well in the beginning though.

Shout out to my mason buddy @Mint Elv! Had a ton of fun being masons with you and dropping so many hints in thread about it. Lol.

Also, Caps, this hurt. A lot. The fact that you seemed to assume I was claiming Cop because I would basically rather die than play as that role…it gutted me worse than Mafia actually killing me and then finding out that my death was actually completely in vain because there was an infinite Strongman.

You should know me better than that.
I just didn’t see the play as optimal in any capacity. Still don’t. Especially from my position as doc where I know there’s more than likely going to be a strongman in the game to balance that out. Sorry for the slight ad hominem though, didn’t realize that at the time.

I just didn’t see the play as optimal in any capacity. Still don’t. Especially from my position as doc where I know there’s more than likely going to be a strongman in the game to balance that out. Sorry for the slight ad hominem though, didn’t realize that at the time.
You’re not wrong about it not being the best play. I’ll explain my full thoughts on this game, when I’m not stuck on my tiny phone’s keyboard, and why it has led me to the conclusion that I am retiring for good from playing mafia ever again.

If it makes you feel any better @Maniacal Engineer, I thought of killing N1 before your outing for fun :)
Believe it or not, this was actually part of my thought process on why I claimed so damned early.
Depending on who was scum, there was a high probability that I would be the N1 target anyway.

Back
Top Bottom