• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire in the Garden: Kanto Starters Mafia: Endgame, Bulbasaur Victory

If I am added in as a sub, please ping me on Discord.

Elieson#5381

Today, I'm not able to check this thread as activelyas I'd like to.
...As in when/if you're subbed in or when I add you to the list of potential subs. Because I've already done the latter.

What's the reasoning behind about players being scum more than random chance at that point? At that point of the game, aside form the random voting, vanilla joking and host voting, I don't see anything that would make someone scum. Maybe the host voting but it seems to have been shut down as soon as the votals came out.
Yeah, you can't tell someone's a scum by just some lame vanilla jokes, but there wasn't any need of voting someone who's inactive. What would it benifit the town?
Not having a lynch at any time increases the relative proportion of mafia as mafia gets a night kill no matter what.
But what if the inactive user's a townie, it will still increase the mafia proportion proportionally than a no lynch. If we are able to pin point that the inactive user's a scum then, it shall decrease the proportion of mafia and how would you get that info from an inactive.
You need to ask some tips from wissen schaftler to do that.
As for the Everstone claim, I find it weird that such an item exists. @dawn dusk, is there anyhting else that should be made public about the Everstone? For example, are you able to pass on the item to other players or something?
I didn't knew such a mechanism would exist, if you have further queries ask this guy down here
25% chance that I join this game.

Odds go up if you give me one of these
100px-Dream_Everstone_Sprite.png

Sorry for the double post, how would he know such an info? What are you trying to convey
That Jaison is a scum
I will spell it out clearly - I think that wissen hasn't played mafia before, and accidentally outed his scumbuddy jaison. To test this theory I would like to kill jaison to see if he is scum - if jaison is scum, then we kill wissen tomorrow. If jaison is town, then we know that wissen was just talking out of their ass - but imo it was worth it at least to check.

If wissen comes forth before the end of the day and says that they have played mafia before, and know how the game works, then they've just made an empty accusation and I'll perhaps look elsewhere.

You're right that we would get the same amount of immediate info as if we no lynched. But, we will get the benefit of hindsight once we do lynch mafia to see how that player interacted with the choices presented on Day 1. Perhaps that will give greater insight into whether the other is town or not.

I would rather lynch someone rather than nobody. I don't particularly care about the mechanics of how players evolve or whatever. IMO a game of mafia with weird mechanics at the end of the day is still a game of mafia, and in games of Mafia, I don't like no-lynching on D1. I have no problem with offing one of the inactives here, and if you're gonna talk about subs, we only have one so only one slot would be useful anyway

But none of this matters because apparently wissen knows that jaison is mafia, so by not lynching jaison, you're deliberately avoiding lynching mafia ¯\(ツ)
IF THEY DO NOT POST WHAT INFO CAN YOU GET FROM THEIR POSTS????
Did you forget what an inactive is?
@dawn dusk Elieson was joking about the everstone, and he isn't even in the game right now.

Let's stop talking about the everstone stuff please as it has nothing to do with the game.
……………..Everyone else was asking him about it!!! Dawn Dusk was literally just explaining what several people were questioning them on.

I will spell it out clearly - I think that wissen hasn't played mafia before, and accidentally outed his scumbuddy jaison. To test this theory I would like to kill jaison to see if he is scum - if jaison is scum, then we kill wissen tomorrow. If jaison is town, then we know that wissen was just talking out of their ass - but imo it was worth it at least to check.

If wissen comes forth before the end of the day and says that they have played mafia before, and know how the game works, then they've just made an empty accusation and I'll perhaps look elsewhere.
The bold lines
That implies that wissen schaftler is also a scum by your logic, then why shouldn't we Lynch himself rather than jaison crasta. We could verify by that way too. Why should we take risk while eliminating jaison as wissen might have given a false accusation. Why shouldn't we Lynch wissen first and then jaison if he turns out to be a scum.

I'd normally agree with you but the way this setup is made makes so town is likely to get stronger each night. Specially considering town seems to have the same odds of evolving as them.

The main disadvantage is that mafia is able to go after players they consider more skilled, but having a developed set of mechanical roles might be much more important for town since it makes it mechanically threatening for mafia. As an example having few extra people through some cycles can mean the difference between having two extra cop shots (or even other roles that can provide info/disrupt mafia), which is much more menacing than losing a mafia member, since it can expose the entire team via PoE.
That is just wishful thinking considering we do not know evolution chances, if we do nothing we are sure we are losing the most active townies tho

@Mint Elv @Pikochu my reasoning was that since Piko voted wissen, I would rather vote jaison instead, that is the exact opposite of following the wagon

For now my vote on jaison stays accoriding to Caps' theory. dawn dusk tries too hard to make us lynch wissen instead which is kinda suspicious, far more than that early Piko post.

At this point I genuinely believe that lynching either is the best option, there HAS to be some scum advocating for either side of the wagon. A flip from one of those will give us better insight Day 2.

Why should we lynch Jaison Krasta, when clearly Wissen has no proof...

@JamieIsBored anything to add? Another inactive we have here, and they flew quite under the radar, not a good thing if scum knows both of the other two are town and this one is their buddy

That is just wishful thinking considering we do not know evolution chances, if we do nothing we are sure we are losing the most active townies tho
what you mean we don't know evolution chances, OP says it's 25% chance every phase

Why should we lynch Jaison Krasta, when clearly Wissen has no proof...
We believe wissen accidentally outed jaison
I get that, but it doesn't change the fact that everstone might be a neg utility item in the game lol
We have absolutely no reason to believe that within the setup. By the same logic there could also be a 20 Rare Candies item that immediately evolves someone. Too theoretical to monopolise conversation, over focusing on that instead of meaningful stuff helps scum
what you mean we don't know evolution chances, OP says it's 25% chance every phase
Not sure if it is for every single person or it takes into account setup balance. If it is totally random it has insane swing potential. 25% for everyone could still be like 10% for group x and 50% for group y as long as groups x and y have the correct ratio to look like 25% on the total
And we aren't even sure that Wissen is a filthy Char... Mafia..
We still have to start from somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom