• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire in the Garden: Kanto Starters Mafia: Endgame, Bulbasaur Victory

How do you know that?
Unvote: Zexy

How do you know Jaison is mafia? It's day 1 and we don't have anything to go on, so what do you have?
Might be that they're just fooling around, although given the game state and their participation so far it's debatable whether this is appropriate or not.

If they really know then this must mean they are scum buds. Could also be scum trying to drag a town with them. One way or another I feel like my vote should stay where it is for now.

Unvote

Think everyone confirmed then? Let's get this ball rollinggg

Stalling is never a good idea for town, No Lynch in the morning just lets scum kill who they want in the night, player count is still dropping in an anti-town way. Not to mention it leads to a complacent town that does not try to scum hunt too hard which makes it harder to make future reads and scum easier to coast along.
I'd normally agree with you but the way this setup is made makes so town is likely to get stronger each night. Specially considering town seems to have the same odds of evolving as them.

The main disadvantage is that mafia is able to go after players they consider more skilled, but having a developed set of mechanical roles might be much more important for town since it makes it mechanically threatening for mafia. As an example having few extra people through some cycles can mean the difference between having two extra cop shots (or even other roles that can provide info/disrupt mafia), which is much more menacing than losing a mafia member, since it can expose the entire team via PoE.

A player that's almost non-existent unnecessarily increases the poe and is likely to not use his potential upgrades though. I can see where you're coming from, but this strategy only works in situations where all involved players show at least some degree of participation.
Don't get me wrong, you know that I'm not the kinda die hard serious guy or anything, I'm as silly as the next guy and certainly not a high value player.
It's just that a slot that barely meets the required post minimums and barely tries to provide anything reasonable or useful within those posts will be a hindrance one way or another, regardless of alignment, and is certainly more hindering to town than to scum as scum is at least aware of the alignment of the corresponding player and therefore can work with it.

Here you go....
1685926505832.png
It's 37.5% now
does that mean if you don't evolve you're more likely scum?
How could that happen and what are you trying to say?
I don't think it matters, because I don't think anyone isn't vanilla at this point.
Whilst in their first stage, each player will be vanilla;

How could that happen and
I have no idea how that could be possible but
what are you trying to say?
I was trying to say that I didn't quite understand what your post was supposed to tell me (might be a language barrier issue or maybe I'm just stupid lol)
My apologies if I appeared disrespecting or trolling or something like that :notworthy:

wissen schaftler because they're FROZEN in SCUM CHAT
There's no need to depict words over this stroll, So how did you predict that one coming,
  • Did you slip your tongue on frozen ice
  • Or do you have an instinct similar to wissen schaftler to predict the unpredictable
  • Or are you both accompanies
Now, Hey FAN give a reasonable reply.

I know jaison is mafia
This is really a comical statement, so how did you get this one. Does an instinct lies in your brain to get the information out of nowhere or are you lying .

I'm not sounding impudent, am I?
I was trying to say that I didn't quite understand what your post was supposed to tell me (might be a language barrier issue or maybe I'm just stupid lol)
My apologies if I appeared disrespecting or trolling or something like that :notworthy:
I need to apologise you for having such a reeking speech, I'm not a native English speaker so I apologise for not being able to convey every word I speak.

personally im not a charmander myself but how dare you, he's a friend.
Why feel the need to say you’re not charmander? Why would anyone openly admit to it?
At this point I think it's not too unreasonable to expect jaison krasta and wissen schaftler to not show up anymore, they haven't even confirmed their roles despite being online since game start.

Not exactly my style, but as of now I'm fine with killing one of them, the first half of the day is over and it would be kinda stupid to D1 lynch among those who actually play given the circumstances.
And how does that benefit town? What information do we glean from killing an inactive? A small chance at hitting mafia? Why not just no lynch instead? Get the same amount of info without actually losing any town members.
I'm open to that, if nothing else to get them talking and perhaps do ISO for Day 2.

Randomly picks between the inactives but confirming

Vote: Wissen
What are you going to ISO from an inactive?
Think it could be fun to start some wagons with the two of them.

Unvote
Vote: jaison krasta
But according to Raven they’re inactive? So what do you expect to happen?
Just saw that, hi!

To be fair that could also be exactly the kind of logic scum would use as long as they know all the inactives are not part of their faction.

Sorry for not posting more earlier, messed up the alerts probably, will try to get them right now.
Yes lynching inactives is scum opportunistic.
Vote : jaison krasta

I prefer this one over wissen, because even if the original idea from Raven is town, Piko could be scum with jaison as buddy and try to get the votes on wissen instead of them

Not saying that Piko IS scum, but on the off chance he is, this is slightly better than a random coin flip 50-50
But then you go and follow? Why?
I just realized everstone might actually be a thing and prolly mafia or indept-leaning since it's neg utility
…no he’s just playing off of Elies joke in the sign up phase.
@Mint Elv stop being overworked and come kick scum butt
Tell my boss that!

Vote: RavenRaziel

Not only the first to suggest lynching inactives but he suspiciously waited until others had followed his suggestion before he followed his own.

Unvote: Weissen

My vote has served its purpose for him to at least post. Though I'm not sure if there's anything I can say anything about this. Will post a follow up. Just don't want to forget to unvote.

@Mint Elv - What I meant was that I voted for an inactive just so that we have some content, any content to look at. I would have kept my vote on otherwise if the active didn't post anything.

I need to apologise you for having such a reeking speech, I'm not a native English speaker so I apologise for not being able to convey every word I speak.
It's alright sir, not a native speaker either (which pribably played a significant part in my confusion in the first place) :)
And how does that benefit town? What information do we glean from killing an inactive? A small chance at hitting mafia? Why not just no lynch instead? Get the same amount of info without actually losing any town members.
I see your point in going for a no Lynch, but I still consider clearing slots that seem likely to stay an enigma in a game that had already issues kicking into the next gear as not that unreasonable.
Vote: RavenRaziel

Not only the first to suggest lynching inactives but he suspiciously waited until others had followed his suggestion before he followed his own.
Fair enough. Can't really oppose your reason, should've gone all in immediately.

Honestly, I don't mind that much though, at least things seem to start happening now and me being the D1 lynch would be as good as any at this point, unless you absolutely want to enforce a no Lynch, that is.

Idk, maybe if one is scum and the other isn't, then their scum partners would vote the other? Sure yeah bussing is a thing, but ¯\(ツ)
And if both are town? Where’s your info? What do we go into day 2 with?
What I meant was that I voted for an inactive just so that we have some content, any content to look at. I would have kept my vote on otherwise if the active didn't post anything.
Again what would that give us?
see your point in going for a no Lynch, but I still consider clearing slots that seem likely to stay an enigma in a game that had already issues kicking into the next gear as not that unreasonable.
Why would you purposefully mislynch over the possibility of dead town subbing into those slots and making better use of them?

Vote : jaison krasta

I prefer this one over wissen, because even if the original idea from Raven is town, Piko could be scum with jaison as buddy and try to get the votes on wissen instead of them

Not saying that Piko IS scum, but on the off chance he is, this is slightly better than a random coin flip 50-50

What's the reasoning behind about players being scum more than random chance at that point? At that point of the game, aside form the random voting, vanilla joking and host voting, I don't see anything that would make someone scum. Maybe the host voting but it seems to have been shut down as soon as the votals came out.

Assuming all town players have equal chance of getting certain roles, what is the optimal strategy for us?
Stalling so we get as many people to evolve as possible? Although that would also mean mafia gets stronger roles, hmm.

Not having a lynch at any time increases the relative proportion of mafia as mafia gets a night kill no matter what. And since they have some certainty already, they can act upon that and even cause more confusion. The only thing that keeps mafia in check are the day phases, what they post and analysis of potential scum. Having certainty on town's side is nice but it's not necessarily worth waiting for when we have some basic tools, especially this is also a numbers game.

I know jaison is mafia

[citation needed] How?

Lick king haaa . I know u are asura

What?

The main disadvantage is that mafia is able to go after players they consider more skilled, but having a developed set of mechanical roles might be much more important for town since it makes it mechanically threatening for mafia. As an example having few extra people through some cycles can mean the difference between having two extra cop shots (or even other roles that can provide info/disrupt mafia), which is much more menacing than losing a mafia member, since it can expose the entire team via PoE.

While I don't fundamentally disagree with the analysis, see my analysis above. In addition, since the roles are randomized, worse case scenario, no new roles are given to town players that is useful. And remember, there's no guarantee that we are given a cop, tracker, watcher, etc.

Yes lynching inactives is scum opportunistic.

Eh, I wouldn't say so for Day 1. There tends to be so much frustration on Day 1 because there is nothing to go off of. Having something, even if completely flawed, is something to go off as, if anything, find opportunistic scum in Day 1 who's trying to take advantage of the confusion.

As for the Everstone claim, I find it weird that such an item exists. @dawn dusk, is there anyhting else that should be made public about the Everstone? For example, are you able to pass on the item to other players or something?

And if both are town? Where’s your info? What do we go into day 2 with?
You're right that we would get the same amount of immediate info as if we no lynched. But, we will get the benefit of hindsight once we do lynch mafia to see how that player interacted with the choices presented on Day 1. Perhaps that will give greater insight into whether the other is town or not.

I would rather lynch someone rather than nobody. I don't particularly care about the mechanics of how players evolve or whatever. IMO a game of mafia with weird mechanics at the end of the day is still a game of mafia, and in games of Mafia, I don't like no-lynching on D1. I have no problem with offing one of the inactives here, and if you're gonna talk about subs, we only have one so only one slot would be useful anyway

But none of this matters because apparently wissen knows that jaison is mafia, so by not lynching jaison, you're deliberately avoiding lynching mafia ¯\(ツ)

Back
Top Bottom