• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is: I don't think we ever get BW3, because , as the BW2 games were the worse selling third versions
Yellow: Sold 14 million copies
Crystal: 6 million copies
Pokemon Emerald: 7 million copies
Pokemon Platinum: 7.5 million copies
BW2: 8.5 million copies
USUM: 9. million copies
It looks like Crystal was the worst selling to me, but you’re right.
Now, i rounded the numbers for logistical reasons.

While BW2 outsold Crystal/Platinum and Emerald, we need to take into account BW2 was 2 games as opposed to the other third versions, so White and Black separatly sold around 4.2 million copies each.
Its the same with USUM. Maybe this has inspired Gamefreak not to make third versions anymore.
Could be. After B2W2, they saw how it did, and said “oh okay, if we’re gonna make third version games with poor performance, we just won’t do third versions no more”, it might as well be another reason X2Y2 never happened.
Now... if we look at remakes... they outperform third versions massively, with the only outlier being Yellow, who outperforms FR/LG
FR/LG: 12 million copies
HG/SS: 12.5 million copies
ORAS: 14.5 million copies
BDSP: 14.9 million copies

Interesting thing to notice about this as well is LGPE, which has sold 15 million copies. Which is more than Yellow even. It has outsold LA by nearly a 20.000, but... LA is only one game.. while LGPE is 2, but was also relevant for longer, since the next mainline games released was the year after.
True that.
So i think a Legends, Lets Go or remake game set in Unova is more likely than a BW3, taking in mind BW2 performed poorly.
Probably because Nate’s hair or Rosa’s outfit or Iris being Champion or something else. A pretty good chance being the story was what caused it to do bad (I like its OST, so don’t tell me Hugh’s theme, Elesa’s theme, and Roxie’s theme and a few others, are the reasons they did bad).
I also wanting to see people getting games ported over to the Switch... however, looking at those sales numbers for the VC games on the 3ds, only 1.5 million copies were sold, so that means its unlikely we ever get more games ported over to the Switch.
Yeah, that’s true.

He also implies that the next game will have lore connections to SV which makes me think that we're not even getting a remake next. I'm actually starting to think that the next game is actually a Legends game set in Paldea's past.
ORAS had lore connections to XY, so this doesn't disregard a remake/revisit of Unova. A legends game set in Paldea's past would be totally pointless.

For starters, one of the appealing aspects of Legends Arceus was taking a 2.5D ds game and making it into a big 3d explorable world. Paldea is already 3d. I've already explored it. Why would it be conceivably very different from the present?

Lore wise, the DLC is supposed to expand more on it. What would be the plot of a Legends game? Would we be part of the expedition crew? I thought the whole point is that their expedition was suppose to be somewhat inconclusive? I don't see how we could learn or experience anything that would add to the lore.

ORAS had lore connections to XY, so this doesn't disregard a remake/revisit of Unova. A legends game set in Paldea's past would be totally pointless.
Well, that style of remake is dead. Their new philosophy with remakes is to make them as close to the originals as possible. LGPE itself had plenty of gameplay changes to make it feel more like Pokemon Go, but the story was almost completely intact from Yellow, save for the replacement of Blue with Trace, who has an entirely different personality. BDSP barely changed anything from DP, with the storyline being completely intact and the gameplay changes being minimal, aside from the addition of mechanics seen in later gens and modifications to the Underground and Contests. They even made them in a style similar to the original games instead of using the graphical styles of the Alola and Galar games respectively. Aside from Mina's appearance LGPE had no connections to Alola, while BDSP lacked any connections to Galar whatsoever. And to top it all off Pokémon introduced in later gens are straight up absent entirely, save for the brand new Meltan line in LGPE's case. I think that if Unova is remade it would be more like BDSP than ORAS. And I'm not even expecting a Unova remake until Gen 10, except if Gen 10 is held off to 2026 in order to help celebrate the franchise's 30th anniversary that year.

Well, that style of remake is dead. Their new philosophy with remakes is to make them as close to the originals as possible. LGPE itself had plenty of gameplay changes to make it feel more like Pokemon Go, but the story was almost completely intact from Yellow, save for the replacement of Blue with Trace, who has an entirely different personality. BDSP barely changed anything from DP, with the storyline being completely intact and the gameplay changes being minimal, aside from the addition of mechanics seen in later gens and modifications to the Underground and Contests. They even made them in a style similar to the original games instead of using the graphical styles of the Alola and Galar games respectively. Aside from Mina's appearance LGPE had no connections to Alola, while BDSP lacked any connections to Galar whatsoever. And to top it all off Pokémon introduced in later gens are straight up absent entirely, save for the brand new Meltan line in LGPE's case. I think that if Unova is remade it would be more like BDSP than ORAS. And I'm not even expecting a Unova remake until Gen 10, except if Gen 10 is held off to 2026 in order to help celebrate the franchise's 30th anniversary that year.

We have have no conclusive pattern to build a theory off of, but I would argue the opposite is ture. The fact that Legends exists shows that GameFreak doesn't want to continue making traditional remakes like ORAS and LGPE and BDSP.

BDSP is most likely the way it is because it was mostly handled by a ILCA because Game Freak wanted to do Legends. BDSP doesn't have any major story changes because GameFreak's creative energy went into Legends instead. So really, I don't see why GameFreak isn't allowed to do whatever they want with Unova.

I'm willing to posit that all the fear and preparation for backlash before the GEN4 remakes were announced may have had something to do with perpetuating that beyond LGPE.

We have have no conclusive pattern to build a theory off of, but I would argue the opposite is ture. The fact that Legends exists shows that GameFreak doesn't want to continue making traditional remakes like ORAS and LGPE and BDSP.

BDSP is most likely the way it is because it was mostly handled by a ILCA because Game Freak wanted to do Legends. BDSP doesn't have any major story changes because GameFreak's creative energy went into Legends instead. So really, I don't see why GameFreak isn't allowed to do whatever they want with Unova.
They might decide to do that again because it worked well for them last time. And besides, I think that this is a far future game we're talking about here and I'm currently believing that we're gonna get something else entirely for 2024.

They might decide to do that again because it worked well for them last time. And besides, I think that this is a far future game we're talking about here and I'm currently believing that we're gonna get something else entirely for 2024.
I just really want Legends Kyurem.

Legends, just like LG, is in all likelyhood a one off. I think going forward every remake will be functionally unique.

For those who escaped Twitter or don't like it for some reason, Khu hinted today that the DLC will have 3 convergent evolution families, and that one one of them goes "from purple to green".

What is more interesting is that this matches a recent vp leak that says we'll have a Watermelon Koffing among other things.

I don't really care about the convergents, but the other things from the leak sound more or less realistic. Gamefreak recycling the fusion concept in a third version is something they would do, I also remember hearing something about the female Adamant descendant somewhere.

I do hope the Paradox Entei/Raikou/Cobalion/Terrakion part is fake, I know some people want them but I can't picture them as anything else than Walking Wake & Iron Leaves reskinned (and IL is already Virizion reskinned), so I'd prefer if that spot goes to something more creative. Also, if we get them but not Keldeo then we'll have 15 years of people asking for Paradox Keldeo...

For those who escaped Twitter or don't like it for some reason, Khu hinted today that the DLC will have 3 convergent evolution families, and that one one of them goes "from purple to green".

What is more interesting is that this matches a recent vp leak that says we'll have a Watermelon Koffing among other things.
Ooh, now I want watermelon!
I don't really care about the convergents, but the other things from the leak sound more or less realistic. Gamefreak recycling the fusion concept in a third version is something they would do, I also remember hearing something about the female Adamant descendant somewhere.
Girl Adaman? Nah.
I do hope the Paradox Entei/Raikou/Cobalion/Terrakion part is fake, I know some people want them but I can't picture them as anything else than Walking Wake & Iron Leaves reskinned (and IL is already Virizion reskinned), so I'd prefer if that spot goes to something more creative. Also, if we get them but not Keldeo then we'll have 15 years of people asking for Paradox Keldeo...
Let’s convince them to bring Paradox Keldeo into the world.

But yeah I'm also not sure if I'd be crazy about the paradox of the other Beasts/Justices. Would rather see more paradoxes of Pokemon outside of those groups compared to just rounding out the trios

While we're discussing the post, Watermelon Koffing sounds ingenious

In my opinion, the Watermelon Koffing & Weezing (which I now shall dub Koffruit and Weezmelon) sound more interesting than the two Convergent lines that we currently have. For reference, the previous instances involved the Diglett line going from land to sea and the Tentacool line going from sea to land (besides the fact that they're based on different organisms entirely). It works, but I don't blame anyone for not being thrilled by the concept and viewing them as reskins or thinking we'd be better off with regional variants or entirely new designs in their place.

Koffruit and Weezmelon on the other hand, even though they still seem to be reskins on some level, are actually more creative in terms of their concept. You know how the Koffing line is based around air pollution? Well, instead of making their Convergent Species counterparts another form of pollution like gas leaks from the ground, Game Freak instead opted to make them natural growing organisms that are a part of their environment instead of something external negatively effecting said environment.

Koffruit and Weezmelon aren't just "Koffing and Weezing no longer airborn based on a different species of organism" but rather the conceptual opposite of our iconic embodiment of air pollution.

Khu has also hinted that the convergent form is edible...

I just hope we get both "Koffruit and Weezmelon" revealed at the same time so we don't have another case of Galarian Rapidash/Hisuian Electrode/Wugtrio where the delay in the reveal of a simple evolution causes a lukewarmer reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom