• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note (Ad-Hominem Attacks)

Hey all - Ex and I have noticed that tensions have been higher than usual in this game so far. Please avoid using ad-hominem attacks in your arguments going forward. That is to say - attacking a player's play is natural and to be expected in a game like this, but attacking the player themselves is going too far.

Please be respectful to one another and don't hesitate to report posts you think may be breaking the rules.

Carry on.

“You have kinda failed spectacularly at this twice in a row...”

No, I succeeded, because I am Town and want attention on me :p. I do not seek attention from other players in my Mafia play and prefer to keep things constrained.

It’s probably just the strategy that I don’t trust, if it wasn’t for one of those people, you would all be plummeting down my read order.

If me and you ever scum again with someone really good, we should give it a try. It can’t possibly go wrong.
I tried but my biggest error here was quoting the two players. I did think it could get attention and some posts going on, but it became so annyoing and distracting I felt like I had to stop it and just come out with it.

You mean distancing so we do not look connected? We already did that, though not with a third player.

Yeah, he finally started posting some pretty good stuff, earlier he was obsessed with the king and that was not really helping us very much, but now he’s actually started posting reads which has bumped him up a lot.
I was mainly talking about the kink earlier because that seemed to be the conversation topic at the time there was not much information to start reading players at that point

Well, maybe yours... My role is not exactly what you would say common. It is based on something common but has twists.
i should've been more specific i thought you meant the king one :bulbaFacepalm: :bulbaFacepalm: :bulbaFacepalm: :bulbaFacepalm: seems like most roles are like that though
But you are still new? This is your third game, isn't it? Also, afaik, you were town in both of your past games? Not sure about the first one, U-Choose certainly. So how exactly would you have fake claiming experience to back this up?
when i said new, i meant literally my first game 4 years ago (iirc it was a twr awards one) also, i still don't really have fakeclaiming experience. first, last and only time i fakeclaimed was when i was scum in the hollywood mafia in 2020 (and failed miserably) so i suppose helper would have bigger balls than me right now too.

Jamie and toast, could we have a reads list pls? With many nulls ofc I don't mind. I can regroup mine after that if you all wish.

Also, for now, since that pressure did not seem to get us anywhere...

UNVOTE: ZinnLav

Bulbagarden used to have a thing that let you input pronouns, now they just give options like calling someone an "it".
... :sadsola:
all of it and i can't really explain most of my suspicions, and if I did try to explain it probably would sound stupid
we want to hear it anyway, dont worry about sounding stupid or whatever. i cant force anything out of you but i want to recommend whenever you vote or throw heavy suspicion on someone in particular you offer some kind of explanation as it generally makes people look better. even if it is kind of dumb in the long run, we're human and therefore do silly things. it just makes most people here happier if you offer some kind of explanation.
Who are you to judge what is and isn’t worthless? You don’t know my thoughts or reasons behind my posts when it’s early day one. And frankly to call anything anyone does worthless is rude AF and would probably get you a mod warning anywhere else on the forums.
+ just straight up calling someone worthless. i know mafia can get heated but stuff like that is a little too far.
You need to be assertive to get the results you want. I would be nicer with my voice, but some things are better to get across.

Also I know you guys can take it of course.
i understand, but with all due respect which is plenty, there is a difference between assertiveness and rudeness. (update after finishing catching up: i'll drop the subject now, i can see a fair amount of people have called you out now)
“How are milkshayke and I related? Even worse, how could we be related that early in the game? (inb4 it is some angleshooty metainfo about confirmation order) ”

You are related… in my heart…
...gulp.
RNG has fated milkyshake and Zexy as my scum partners.

Their chances of being lynched has increased.”

Then after this I quoted milkyshake and Zexy’s role.
oh okay. rad. ¯\(ツ)
Not pretending to play as Mafia, but think of myself as Mafia with my own Mafia partners to try to improve.
would i be better scum practice if i decided to communicate solely in persona 4 gifs for the rest of the game?

oh shit didnt mean to double post this time, i forgot to mention it. ive been absent for the past hourish uncharacteristically bc i was in the middle of a tutoring session. ap chem sucks :/ i have another round tomorrow which will go for a bit longer but i promise i'll be a lot more active after that

Jamie and toast, could we have a reads list pls? With many nulls ofc I don't mind. I can regroup mine after that if you all wish.

Also, for now, since that pressure did not seem to get us anywhere...

UNVOTE: ZinnLav
What about ZinnLav’s posts made you feel like it did not get you anywhere?

not much rn, since my brain takes a while to process all this info. so far i think that human is definitely town, i guess he likes to fuck with people just to fuck with people. i also really do believe helper is who he says he is.
would i be better scum practice if i decided to communicate solely in persona 4 gifs for the rest of the game?
if we see adachi then we know you're scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom