• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Dawning and toast for failing you, but tbh had you tried just a bit more with the Knight/Pawn fakes I suggested we might have got this. It was a close call, I did my best, I tried to give town a challenge and when that fell apart I also gave a show, still enjoyed this game a lot! Also yeah, scum Zexy IS faulty and they should just discontinue him :)
:slowpoke:

I have to commend Zexy for being the Town MVP
Yeah I am a bit afraid I did that earlier, in trying to look town I might have given town good ideas about Dawning/toast they might have not considered.

Also my frustration on toast was a bit overacted and it was actually for him not helping much and thinking his best play to avoid the lynch was to bus me... I have no hard feelings on anyone over this game, hope the opposite holds too.

End of D5 (TOWN+INDEPT WIN)
HAMMER HAS HAPPENED
Final D5 Votecount!

Zexy
(4) - Jamie, potato-6, Minish, Zexy

Not Voting (1) - helperman

===============

===============

"GET HIM! IT'S @Zexy!"
There was no mistake this time. There was no point running away,
they had finally cornered the last enemy. The most important one.
In a forcing sequence of moves, the Chess pieces finally dealt the final blow to the leader of the Shogi Army.

Hello Zexy!

1697066144220.png

In this game you’ll be the King General, Mafia Commander! You are the leader of the Shogi Army!

You have a 2x Janitor.
During Night, you can also perform a Drop: If a Town Player’s role is currently omitted due to your Janitor role, you can use their role for the Night. This will cause their role to be revealed in-thread.

You can activate this role during any Phase (Day or Night). If a Player dies during this Phase their role will not be revealed in-thread. You’ll still learn about their role.

You win when Mafia reaches parity AND when Town can not stop you by any means.

DAY 5 HAS ENDED
NIGHT 6 STARTS NOW

N6 Countdown Here!

People can vote for Extension of the Night (+24h)
===============

JUST KIDDING,
CHECKMATE: GAME IS OVER
TOWN AND INDEPENDENT HAVE WON TOGETHER

Good game and thanks for hosting Exlight!

Mafia and Town were stacked. Mafia would have easily won if they janitored the vigilante role. Rolecop was not used when that was the purpose of it.

i cant believe i finally won a game wtf. tho i had to die and then get yelled at to do it... two lessons learned (1. die to win 2. dont get yelled at)
human why in the world were you going off about jester zexy. although admittedly its funny as fuck
zexy you are too harsh on yourself, you were godly scum especially for it being the first time in how long?? i could NEVER do it as well as that
congrats town, congrats helper!!!

Yeah in retrospect, wasting the 1 Janitor shot on D1 was bad, but back then I thought Dawning/toast were still salvageable and confusion over whether the lynches succeeded or not would prevent them from being scumread too soon, then mass softclaim flavorsolve ruined it. Performing a Drop on the Vigilante would be BEYOND CRAZY SWING.

Yeah in retrospect, wasting the 1 Janitor shot on D1 was bad, but back then I thought Dawning/toast were still salvageable and confusion over whether the lynches succeeded or not would prevent them from being scumread too soon, then mass softclaim flavorsolve ruined it. Performing a Drop on the Vigilante would be BEYOND CRAZY SWING.
yea doing the Janitor D1 was fine because it gave you an early fakeclaim and caused D2 to be low information (not like people were too worried about checking the wagons anyway since you CFD zinn at the end of D1 was screaming anyway regardless of the flip being raven lol) but it also slowed you down on your capability of punishing a massclaim mid-end game

if toast or dawning had survived another phase they could've promoted and being a hard counter to minish, but the early buss really backfired

If I may ask, what exactly was helperman? Also I really would appreciate being added to Neighbors chat, see the Jamie soft thought process and which part he strategically hid.

Early town MVP was split between Human with the traditional reads, then after his death Jamie carried it with the claim game.

the backup claim was REALLY risky for reason people pointed out earlier, specially rag
the promotion already acted as a backup, so it wouldn't make sense for it to copy a role that, well, copies another role

other than that very good job at confusing town and mislead them for a while, zexy
kinda wish you hadn't thrown and I wonder what would've happened if things had gone slightly different

If I may ask, what exactly was helperman? Also I really would appreciate being added to Neighbors chat, see the Jamie soft thought process and which part he strategically hid.

Early town MVP was split between Human with the traditional reads, then after his death Jamie carried it with the claim game.
I'll post the remaining roles here in a second
but yall were right, he was a checkers piece

if toast or dawning had survived another phase they could've promoted and being a hard counter to minish, but the early buss really backfired
Oh right, I have no idea what the scum promotions would do.

The whole shtick about it being anti-swing after 2 scum died etc was made up: the real clause was N+2 town/N mafia, which was the exact opposite, accelerating the pro-scum swing. I am pretty sure had the game played differently EVERYONE would complain about how pro-scum it was, and they would be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom