• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah whatever I feel like we are not getting any meaningful discussion going atm and just spamming fluff that will make it harder for the others to catch up

I kinda wanna hear more especially from Mido whose OMGUS I really do not like, but also Raven, Minish (although that is unlikely) and Tood.

Actually, for now

VOTE: Tood

My reads list (by popular demand/Zexy):
Milkshayke- Towny AF, switch onto Mido was great when those wagons started. She is next to me on my reads list at the top.
Potato-6- Your name messes up my system of using a hyphen, now that posts are becoming more relevant, games looking up for you.
Zexy- Not as towny as last couple of games (that is likely due to inactivity more than anything), reads solid and so are votes.
HumanDawn- I, uh, don’t exactly get the stuff linked to pretending to be mafia, but other than that you have been quite effective this game.
DawningWinds- I have already talked about my thoughts on Dawning, I believe her reads have been solid, but her not posting has unfortunately led to her dropping down the order.
ToastGhost- Has had some very useful insight to the game, overall playing quite well. Nothing sticking out to me about that at the moment.
Raven/Tood/Minish- Null
Helperman- Can‘t really be helped, being an indep means that trusting you is quite a liability so for that I am sorry.
Mido- When she is available to give her thoughts I would like to hear them, quite low because I‘m not sure the host lynch is the right way to go, but her defence was good.
Zinn- I get where Human was coming from with them presenting themselves following their meta, it felt a bit off. Again argument on host lynch was okay, but Ex is a devious fellow so trying to go for him may be a big mistake.

I don't like this line of questioning. Feels bad sportsmanship.
I don't think there's anything in the rules suggesting that indeps can't claim their wincons as long as they aren't quoting.

Who was the player?
You. :bulbaLove:

Helperman's claim is probably genuine IMO, I don't see a new player making that sort of thing up off that bat, and Zexy's "probably a checkers piece" thing makes sense. My only minor concern is that maybe it could be a similar wincon but actually hostile but I still think it's unlikely, I'm not too concerned about that.

Milkshayke- Towny AF, switch onto Mido was great when those wagons started. She is next to me on my reads list at the top.
Potato-6- Your name messes up my system of using a hyphen, now that posts are becoming more relevant, games looking up for you.
Agreed on both.
Zexy- Not as towny as last couple of games (that is likely due to inactivity more than anything), reads solid and so are votes.
To be fair last game I was a Mason and kinda shouting it, I do not have this luxury this time around. RL is indeed not helping, but I am doing the best I can.
HumanDawn- I, uh, don’t exactly get the stuff linked to pretending to be mafia, but other than that you have been quite effective this game.
DawningWinds- I have already talked about my thoughts on Dawning, I believe her reads have been solid, but her not posting has unfortunately led to her dropping down the order.
ToastGhost- Has had some very useful insight to the game, overall playing quite well. Nothing sticking out to me about that at the moment.
Not so sure about any of them. Of the 3, Human has tried the most despite jumpiness and overall paranoia cuz his scum games hurt. The others I have zero idea of their scum meta, DW is given a pass for now cuz RL and toast cuz young age and knowing town him caves in under pressure (U-choose), but I need more from them before I can comfortably put them on green.
Raven/Tood/Minish- Null
Helperman- Can‘t really be helped, being an indep means that trusting you is quite a liability so for that I am sorry.
Mido- When she is available to give her thoughts I would like to hear them, quite low because I‘m not sure the host lynch is the right way to go, but her defence was good.
Also agreed on all.
Zinn- I get where Human was coming from with them presenting themselves following their meta, it felt a bit off. Again argument on host lynch was okay, but Ex is a devious fellow so trying to go for him may be a big mistake.
I actually think they are higher than Mido, like come on this is just NAI meta stuff of theirs. Anything that is not a town flip d1, being NL or host lynch, is OK for them.

There’s too much green on that read list, scum start being scummy!
-I need scum reads (I need an adult)
-You have scum reads (You are an adult)
-I need scummier scum reads (I need an adultier adult)
My only minor concern is that maybe it could be a similar wincon but actually hostile but I still think it's unlikely, I'm not too concerned about that.
I actually am concerned, because checkers pieces capture other pieces, I could even see it being SK.

I actually think they are higher than Mido, like come on this is just NAI meta stuff of theirs. Anything that is not a town flip d1, being NL or host lynch, is OK for them.
My only issue (and something HD pointed out too) is that they said “Like my meta”, I just find it a bit odd having to point that out which is why they are below Mido.

Helperman- Can‘t really be helped, being an indep means that trusting you is quite a liability so for that I am sorry..
i trust the fact he is indept is true i dont think he knows how to lie like that to the degree he has claimed but i also think he seems to still be trying to help town for now so i would put him slightly higher just me tho

I have claimed harmless indep as harmful indep before. Abigail did it. It is super common and conveniently explains all indep copchecks on you.

Primarily gut-based reads since I don't have ton of time rn.

HumanDawn - HD is hard for me to read so I'm a bit nervous putting him this high... but at the same time, the plays I don't understand a shred of are
JamieIsBored - Haven't been seeing the gambits traditional of Town Jamie but his reads feel decent enough and I'm comfortable enough giving this town
milkshayke (Eri) - I don't know that milk's earned the super hard town everyone's giving her, especially since I don't really think she feel horribly different from early GO Rush milk... but at the same time, early GO Rush milk was doing a pretty damn good job of towning, so while I'm a bit paranoid but still some townlean from her content
toastghost - Townlean on meta, I've only played with them twice and one of those times was over three years ago, but they definitely feel more in line with their town U-Choose game than their scum game, scum toast felt very inconsistent IIRC, and this feels more in line with the trying to figure out what's going on I remember from U-Choose
Mint Elv - Host vote from Mido still feels like a bit of a bad feel to me, but her most recent post, while I don't agree with everything in it, does feel pretty strong to me, so I'm willing to give her super soft town.
RavenRaziel98 | Minish - Hi folks
Tood - Giving lurker scum Tood. I know they haven't played much recently so they might be kinda rusty and possibly have irl stuff going on so it's not super strong, but I haven't seen any reads from them yet and they're scum meta has always been kinda lurkery, which kinda aligns with their few posts so far.

Helperman - I trust his indep claim.

Unvote: Torchic Boy
I want to reread his half a bajillion posts to decide where I stand on him but I do not have that kinda time atm, will later tonight probably, I also need to read Zinn and Potato soon-ish because nothing rom either jumped out to me.

I don’t mean to offend here, but I don’t think Helperman would think of that.
Seconded. helperman could be like a role that needs to stick that hidden attribute on just the majority of the players (or even all players like he claims) that's hostile and ends game upon doing so but I don't think there's a chance in hell that helperman as something basic like SK is coming up with this claim, and I just see this role being more balanced as non-hostile I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom