• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shore [Competitive Discussion]

ProxyFreak

Corsola Queen
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Being an offshoot of r/Stunfisk, we're basically all Competitive Pokemon nerds here at Corsola, and that includes all aspects, Singles and VGC. We're not getting over our addictions anytime soon so we're embracing it in our community. Talk about Competitive Pokemon here! Any format, any context, news and results.

Smogon tier shifts dropped AND NOT ONLY IS IT NOT LANDOVER BUT WE ARE GARCHBACK
20231201_130107.jpeg
image0-5.png

great tusk being no.1 and kingambit being no.2 is so funny to me
balloons are truly, as r/stunfisk says, e r r e l e p h a n t
IT'S NOT GARCHOVER TIL THE CAT LADY SINGS
- real cynthia quote
(cat lady sings = sneasler gets unbanned)
(i hope sneasler doesnt get unbanned)
(i hope gliscor gets unbanned because stall is awesome)
(welcome back amoonguss, i hate your guts (it's the memes' fault))
though i'm actually happier about skeledirge. i seriously never use skeledirge i just think it's a very cool mon

Skeledirge is OU again, it was inevitable tbh, but UU might be chaos for a while since they just lost their best defensive pokemon

DLC 2 longbets

Espathra drops to OU
The Peach Pokemon is OU, then quick banned to Ubers
Kingambit, Gholdengo rise to Uber
Ogerpon-W & Manaphy are tested, both remain OU
Gliscor, Sneasler, Baxcalibur gets re-tested, stays Uber
Terapagos is C-rank Uber
Rainbow Tera is banned to Ubers
Archludon is UU, BL at best
Durladon Eviolite sees some play in OU
Dipplin-evo is RU
Raging Bolt is BL
Iron Crown is UU, then BL
Entei's past form is UU
Terrakion's future form is OU
Smeargle comes back to OU with Focus Sash, Spore, Sticky Web and your choice of Salt Cure/Mortal Spin/Revival Blessing/Court Change/Stone Axe/Ceaseless Edge

Dunno if I should put this here or somewhere else, but what do you think would be a good strategy to start with for a beginner competitive player? I keep getting absolutely crushed every time I try. I’ve been thinking about perish trap, but from what I’ve heard it’s too complicated and none of my friends are done scarlet and I don’t own it (for scream tail or flutter mane)

Any help would be appreciated!

Dunno if I should put this here or somewhere else, but what do you think would be a good strategy to start with for a beginner competitive player? I keep getting absolutely crushed every time I try. I’ve been thinking about perish trap, but from what I’ve heard it’s too complicated and none of my friends are done scarlet and I don’t own it (for scream tail or flutter mane)

Any help would be appreciated!
In my opinion easy teams to set up are weather teams... Rain is probably the easiest due to there being two very good rainsetters (pelipper and politoed) and TONS of pokemon that benefit from rain in some way! like with swift swim or some such.
Another decently easy team setup would be trickroom imo. it's a little less type based, though does kinda rely on psychic types, mostly just for the setup. These can work in singles or doubles! but imo doubs is more fun

yea usually vgc wise i just use showdown, building proper teams in-game is a hugehugehuge slog
for beginners i think my first ever team was a hyper-offense one! but that's probably not one i think most beginners should start with? trick room isn't a bad idea imo
once you get a little better stall is a pretty good one to check it also! (though it's definitely not for everyone)
i guess kind of "gimmicky" ones like perish trap are a bit harder and i recommend getting a little more used to teambuilding and general strats before attempting that?

Thinking of running a H-Goodra set. For the actually smart comp players, does this look any good?
Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 6.12.06 PM.png

DLC 2 longbets

Espathra drops to OU
The Peach Pokemon is OU, then quick banned to Ubers
Kingambit, Gholdengo rise to Uber
Ogerpon-W & Manaphy are tested, both remain OU
Gliscor, Sneasler, Baxcalibur gets re-tested, stays Uber
Terapagos is C-rank Uber
Rainbow Tera is banned to Ubers
Archludon is UU, BL at best
Durladon Eviolite sees some play in OU
Dipplin-evo is RU
Raging Bolt is BL
Iron Crown is UU, then BL
Entei's past form is UU
Terrakion's future form is OU
Smeargle comes back to OU with Focus Sash, Spore, Sticky Web and your choice of Salt Cure/Mortal Spin/Revival Blessing/Court Change/Stone Axe/Ceaseless Edge

Boy, even if it is early, these were all basically wrong, so far.

Espathra drops to OU - Nah, it definitely won't now with Stellar Tera
The Peach Pokemon is OU, then quick banned to Ubers - We'll see.
Kingambit, Gholdengo rise to Uber - Surely eventually right.
Ogerpon-W & Manaphy are tested, both remain OU - Doubt they'll be tested
Gliscor, Sneasler, Baxcalibur gets re-tested, stays Uber - Gliscor might stay OU
Terapagos is C-rank Uber - It's not fantastic, but it might be B tier
Rainbow Tera is banned to Ubers - Nah. Enamrous/Serperior/Contrary are more likely to be banned
Archludon is UU, BL at best - It's actually pretty good.
Durladon Eviolite sees some play in OU - I mean, it could, but there's no real reason to.
Dipplin-evo is RU -It could drop, but it's actually pretty decent
Raging Bolt is BL - no it ain't
Iron Crown is UU, then BL - Could just drop to UU
Entei's past form is UU - Might actually be uber
Terrakion's future form is OU - For now. Again, maybe uber.
Smeargle - I don't think anyone is fussed about Smeargle in singles.

God i am SO excited to build a new and improved electric terrain team. maybe electerrain + rain to take advantage of Archaludon and electro shot. I also REALLY want to use raging bolt because thunderclap, and it's also the only mon to get access to rising voltage which is pretty cool. seems like it's gonna be fun. I also kinda wanna use one of the lati twins on a team with their new buffs.

Here's the team. It's mainly intended for VGC stuff, considering the use of an uber mon lol. It's a mixed rain and electric terrain team. My strategy in my head is to lead with pelipper and archaludon to get the rain up, then u-turn pelipper out to send in pincurchin and get the terrain out. Then just sort of go from there. Thundurus is a backup setter due to it being able to use prankster electric terrain and rain dance. Raging bolt is a big-time attacker. and basculegion is a backup attacker should i need it. I know i can only pick 4 mons in vgc, but whatever lol.

Hey, I have a question.

Is Koraidon + Walking Wake a good duo for Double and/or Multi Battles? While I know I don’t have to worry about the sun that much if my only water move is Hydro Steam Since it just gets boosted 50% instead of taken down, but I wanted to hear some advice about it. ^^

Hey, I have a question.

Is Koraidon + Walking Wake a good duo for Double and/or Multi Battles? While I know I don’t have to worry about the sun that much if my only water move is Hydro Steam Since it just gets boosted 50% instead of taken down, but I wanted to hear some advice about it. ^^
I would be really careful against anything with Dazzling Gleam, especially Flutter Mane.

That being said, Koiraidon does have both iron head and shadow claw to counter Flutter Mane and you can always consider Steel Tera Type.

Back
Top Bottom