• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After Arceus, what will Gen V. Legendaries Be Like?

Well perhaps the only way to top arceus might be that..
if any of you have read the sinnoh myths in the canalava library you will know that arceus appeared as an egg in the endless chaos before the universe. so what layed or created the egg?
what created the creator?
just a thought.

besides, Arceus doesnt need to be beaten. maybe they could have one super or really strong pokemon for each type, insteado f legendaryies.
like a super strong steel type pokemon that is the embodiment of steel or whatever.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Pokemon legendaries seem to be falling into the "DBZ trap" as I call it. Notice how the writers had to keep making the villains on DBZ more and more powerful to outdo the previous villains. Of course there was a reason for that, and that was that the heroes already proved they could beat the last villain, so the new one had to be more powerful to be a challenge to Goku and co.

Pokemon, on the other hand doesn't have to go that route since each generation has a different main character. Instead of making pokemon bigger and badder each generation, I think they should just go for some other creative ideas. One suggestion given over at TPM was pokemon that embody life and death. Think about it. The towers in Johto supposedly represented life and death, and certainly the Cave of Origin/Mt. Pyre did. Despite that, life and death have yet to be made into legendary pokemon.

besides, Arceus doesnt need to be beaten. maybe they could have one super or really strong pokemon for each type, insteado f legendaryies.
like a super strong steel type pokemon that is the embodiment of steel or whatever.

That's what I'm hoping too. I'm perfectly satisfied even if nothing will beat Arceus, just as long as the legendaries are good.

A refreshing change would be if there were other legendaries than just Psychic- or Dragon-types. Sure, there are many of those, but they tend to be ignored. I'd personally want to see a legendary Poison-type, or possibly a legendary Fighting-type.

Arceus could be topped in terms of power in Gen V if they go by the anime version of Arceus.

It looks like Arceus is not god in the sense that hes all powerful and invincible because it gets hurt by the meteor doesnt it?

I'm confused by the movie 12 info anyway...Arceus has the ability to award the Orb of Life or whatever, and can fight against space and time itself...and is said to have created the entire universe...but a meteor hurts it?

As I said, there's many definitions of what constitutes "god". Baldur was a god and he got killed by a sprig of mistletoe.

XD well played.

I also like the idea of legendaries that embody all the different elemental types.

-A giant leviathan sea monster that lives at the very bottom of the deepest part of the ocean where no other Pokemon can exist. greater than kyogre that is the original source of all water in the world.

-Some sort of supreme ghost that leads all fallen souls.
-Some sort of electicity god that flyies around strom clouds.
-A bug god that can control all bug-types and unleash huge swarms like the locusts in our world's biblical stories

Woo

I want to see Lovecraftian-style cosmic horrors as legendary Pokémon, just the sight of them is supposed to drive one insane.

Although I think the legendary dragon trio or Missingno could be Pokémon's equivlent to them.

Cthulu.... *drools*
I think that if they want to keep running with this mythology theme, theyve got to do a cow legendary pokemon. Cows are HUGE in mythology. Cows freed the first *i think Gods, might have been frost Giants* from the ice. Cows were sacred to Greek Gods (remember the white bull?) and have always played a part in mythology. But it doesnt have to be better than arceus, why would it need to be? Canon doesnt require it last time i checked.

Just going off the dex, would Ho-Oh be life and Giratina be death? Dusknoir seems to be a grim reaper of sorts anyway, but that's not a legendary.

Giratina to me seems like more of a Satan figure than death, since the Reverse World is more or less hell.

I say there will be multiple gods in the 5th gen. Perhaps Arceus is only one god of many.

Well we knew that already, but it'd be quite plausable to see other gods in the same tier as Arceus.

As for repeating themes, Lugia and Kyogre are both sea gods (despite Lugia not being a water type), so it's happened before. Then you have fire elementals Moltres and Entei, and lightning elementals Zapdos and Raikou.

Hmm. A Midgard Serpent would be interesting but almost impossible to do since the big thing with that was that it was so long that it wrapped around the world. Maybe they could set it up so there's this long bulge in the ground for the whole game, finally you get to the head, you battle it, you catch it, and as you catch it the tail snaps off so that there can be new ones (even though you only get the one).

Giratina to me seems like more of a Satan figure than death, since the Reverse World is more or less hell.

Reverse World doesn't seem like hell to me...maybe more like Purgatory.

Maybe that was the Pokemon version of the Christian God. So for further legendaries, they will bring in other religious Gods. Other than that, I have no clue. It's kinda hard to top a God.

Maybe that was the Pokemon version of the Christian God. So for further legendaries, they will bring in other religious Gods. Other than that, I have no clue. It's kinda hard to top a God.

Does that mean Wobbuffet is Buddha? Strength through nonaggression and all that.

(and yes Buddha's not a god, but Wobby's not a Legendary so it all evens out)

Unless the writers are going to go into mythology of another country/age, and make Legendaries of things like Tsukiyomi or Sunano, or Venus and Zeus, then I doubt they'll be able to create anymore good and original legendaries.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom