• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

After Arceus, what will Gen V. Legendaries Be Like?

This has been said many times in this thread, but the legendaries in the future DO NOT have to be greater than Arceus.

Just look at Movie 8, its a popular movie and Lucario didn't NEED to show he was better than Reyquaza or Deoxys from Movie 7.

But Lucario isn't a legendary. The fact is, the game's strongest Pokémon just keep getting more god-like every generation. Not necessarily every movie.

1.) A laboratory mishap
2.) Super powerful sea monster/Mythical creature that can resurrect the dead
3.) Titanic Pokémon that could alter the geography of the entire planet
4.) The masters of time and space themselves (and, outside the in-game content, the creator of the universe)

You're right that they don't have to go bigger each generation, and I hope they don't, but there's lots of evidence that they at least want to.

A pokemon of destruction and death who equals Arceus in power. But i don't think its possible that the designers will include anything that makes a direct reference to the concept of death.

Plus the whole yin and yang thing has been really overdone. That's not to say they wouldn't try it, but I don't think a Pokémon that's entire being is destruction is really up their alley. And I think it'd be kind of lame and pretentious anyway.

I do wish they didn't re-use old themes. We have Moltres who is the fire bird, and then Ho-oh who is ANOTHER fire bird, but its a phoenix instead of an elemental fire bird.

Then there's Kyroge who creates the ocean, but also Manaphy who is the prince of the sea. And then on top of that there's Lugia who lives in the sea.

Celebi which was once the time travel Pokemon now just looks like some pathetic fairy compared to Dialga/Palkia who control space and time.

Some legendaries are starting to get redundant with the re-use of old ideas, but I guess its bound to be expected.

Celebi which was once the time travel Pokemon now just looks like some pathetic fairy compared to Dialga/Palkia who control space and time.

Which was once? It still is, and it was never anything more than a Pokemon who travels through time. Well, that's kind of a lie, since its also the guardian of the forest and also has some control over nature.

Now that may sound like Shaymin, but Shaymin is closer to a god of fertility.

I do wish they didn't re-use old themes. We have Moltres who is the fire bird, and then Ho-oh who is ANOTHER fire bird, but its a phoenix instead of an elemental fire bird.

Some legendaries are starting to get redundant with the re-use of old ideas, but I guess its bound to be expected.

It's funny how we keep on saying how we want to go into different lore of other nations and religions, but people keep on complaining how Moltres and Ho-Oh are both phoenixes.

Guess what!? They are based off of 2 different religious legends, does no one use bulbapedia? >.>

The thing is, this is an entire world we're talking about here, so I'm sure the various peoples can have their own interpretations of the way the world works and the Pokemon that make it happen. Sinnoh mythology may tell the story of Dialga, Palkia and Arceus, and while they may exist, it might not be the whole story.

The world got along fine in Kanto with no mention of those three. How many times have we heard a "Thank Arceus!" when something miraculous happened in a game/show? Some people think the world revolves around Arceus. A long time ago, a genetically created psychic cat was the strongest Pokemon in the world. One man's entire life revolved around the discovery of a Crystal Onyx.

Face it folks, every main game starts up telling you that we don't know everything there is to know about Pokemon. And we don't. There's always gonna be a surprise, so Legendaries haven't met their end yet!

The world got along fine in Kanto with no mention of those three. How many times have we heard a "Thank Arceus!" when something miraculous happened in a game/show? Some people think the world revolves around Arceus. A long time ago, a genetically created psychic cat was the strongest Pokemon in the world. One man's entire life revolved around the discovery of a Crystal Onyx.

Face it folks, every main game starts up telling you that we don't know everything there is to know about Pokemon. And we don't. There's always gonna be a surprise, so Legendaries haven't met their end yet!

But the thing is if Arceus really IS that powerful, and did create the world, then it should not just be a Sinnoh legend, everyone should be aware of it.

The reason you saw no mention of these Pokemon before is because well, GameFreak is making this up as they go along. Of course when new Pokemon are introduced they act as if they've "always been there," rather than just being discovered. Its not like Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh's Pokes randomly appeared out of the blue when we were in the RBY or Kanto era, they were always there, we just never saw them in terms of the games/anime storyline.

I guess that's the problem, obviously there are retcons like when the early games/anime only say there were 150 Pokemon, but that can't be helped.

Honestly I don't think they're should be any more legendaries, just maybe rare pokemon, its all been done:

Emotion pokemon (Lake trio)
Sky pokemon (Rayquaza and roaming birds and Ho-oh)
Sea Pokemon (Manaphy/Phione/Lugia/Kyogre)
Land and continents (Groudon, regigigas)
Space, time and creation: Diagla, Palkia, Arceus
Space: Jirachi, Deoxys
Time: Celebi
Science: Mew/Mewtwo

and we have roaming beasts and latias/latios, cresellia, darkrai and shaymin and the regis

what else can be done? Nothing really left I can guess

maybe solar and lunar lengendary pokemon, like the old sun and moon worshiping civilisations (yes lunatone and solrock, shut up)

how about a god of instinct? lion like with a huge shaggy mane?

They could have legends of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart.

And by their powers combined....

But the thing is if Arceus really IS that powerful, and did create the world, then it should not just be a Sinnoh legend, everyone should be aware of it.

How do you know that it is that powerful? I find it highly doubtful that such a powerful being would let a ten-year-old kid stuff it in a tiny ball.

I'm just rehashing what everyone else says here, but different people have different creation myths and it makes sense that the Pokémon world would be no different. If Arceus did create the universe, then maybe there's someone else who created the world, or humans, or Pokémon. Din, Nayyru, and Farore each took over a different part of the creation of Hyrule, so why should Arceus be the only one who gets to work on the Pokémon world?

They could have legends of Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart.

And by their powers combined....

I am... PLANETAR!

Sorry, best I could come up with on short notice.

Heh, I'm not sure the word "wicked" is the best description for a Jesus figure.

But nah, that'd be unfair. It'd be too hard to keep KO'd. :p
True. Maybe a Flying Spagetti Monster?
Wait...is that Tangela?
Oh my lord.
Tangela is Pokemon's way of inserting religious satire into video games!
*invents an extremely far-fetched conspiracy theory*

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom