• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

A type-enhancing item, when held, enhances the potency of attacks whose type corresponds to the item. In Generation IV, these items boost attacks by 20%; in previous generations, they only boost attacks by 10%. For example, if a Pokémon holds Mystic Water and uses a Water-type move, the power of the Water-type move will be increased by 20%.

Wow, it's almost like we had an entire wiki filled with this information...

Jesus fucked-up Christ guys, can you read my one phrase question properly before giving me shit? I said

Do Type-enhancing item really give a 20% boost? Asking this because a GameFaqs guide says 10%.

This means, who's right and who's wrong? Not because it's written on Bulbapedia that it's 100% accurate or very detailed for that matter >_>

Jesus fucked-up Christ guys, can you read my one phrase question properly before giving me shit? I said

Do Type-enhancing item really give a 20% boost? Asking this because a GameFaqs guide says 10%.

This means, who's right and who's wrong? Not because it's written on Bulbapedia that it's 100% accurate or very detailed for that matter >_>

And before effing and blinding, considering all of us have turned around and said 'Yes, type-enhancing items really give a 20% boost', I kind've think you've already been given your answer.

YES! Because who are you going to trust? A group of people who play the game and report facts for everyone, or one guy writing a guide? I trust the wiki. It says that it's 20% increase. Don't agree? Go figure it out for yourself. You asked. We answered.

1- This is a Wiki, meaning that anyone can edit this, so completely trusting a Wiki is never a good idea

2- When someone asks a "who's right and who's wrong" question, adding some evidence to backup an answer usually seals the deal

3- The only way to really try this with accurate results is to do it with two NDS each with their own copy of the game because when playing against the CPU, you don't have the HP numerical amount, just the health bar.

1- This is a Wiki, meaning that anyone can edit this, so completely trusting a Wiki is never a good idea

2- When someone asks a "who's right and who's wrong" question, adding some evidence to backup an answer usually seals the deal

3- The only way to really try this with accurate results is to do it with two NDS each with their own copy of the game because when playing against the CPU, you don't have the HP numerical amount, just the health bar.

Were you looking for an answer or a debate?
As Ryuu said, the changes that are edited on the Wiki are harshly supervised by the staff in the Recent Changes page. I'd say it's pretty safe and tidy.

For point two, giving the amount of links given, I'd say that's your evidence.

And for point three, how do you know that they haven't?

Were you looking for an answer or a debate?

A little bit of both I guess.

As Ryuu said, the changes that are edited on the Wiki are harshly supervised by the staff in the Recent Changes page. I'd say it's pretty safe and tidy.

Oh are you sure about this? Perhaps I made a modification a while back and it hasn't been corrected as of yet :p

For point two, giving the amount of links given, I'd say that's your evidence.

What Links? The only links I've seen are the ones I posted plus the Family Guy YouTube video.

And for point three, how do you know that they haven't?

Good point, guess I'll have to try it for myself.

Oh are you sure about this? Perhaps I made a modification a while back and it hasn't been corrected as of yet :p

you didn't

What Links? The only links I've seen are the ones I posted plus the Family Guy YouTube video.

And your links answered your question

Good point, guess I'll have to try it for myself.

Exactly what I told you to do.

Espeon has 252 SP. ATK EVs, but I don't know what to train next: SP. DEF or speed?

Everyone does SP. DEF, but why that if you can strike first?

Okay, seriously. Enough of the debates in this thread. It's a freaking topic for people to ask questions about Pokemon games, get them answered and simply just walk away.

Espeon has 252 SP. ATK EVs, but I don't know what to train next: SP. DEF or speed?

Everyone does SP. DEF, but why that if you can strike first?

Espeon, at least mine, is a sweeper. I do Sp. Atk and Speed. Espeon is just best as that. You jsut need to find a way to make certain Espeon doesn't get killed on the return. If defense is especially bad, focus sash.

Guys, when Ditto transforms, does it copy the foe's stats? I noticed that when in the wild, if it transforms into your Pokemon, the catching rate is copied too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom