• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believed Carter Cathcart, Manny Corallo and John Loeffler were 4Kids employes too. Or am I wrong?
And what's with Ken Gates? Do he anything else for 4Kids after he eds with Pokémon back in 2003? I don't know about anything.

John Loeffler and Manny Corallo aren't working with PUSA.
PUSA is simply using their already arranged and recorded music.

Ken Gates and Roger Parsons are the same person.
Carter Cathcart and Jimmy Zoppi are the same person.

John Loeffler and Manny Corallo aren't working with PUSA.
PUSA is simply using their already arranged and recorded music.

According to credits Jon Loeffler composed Battle Frontier opening. You say me that song were composed by 4Kids?

Ken Gates and Roger Parsons are the same person.

Yes, I know that. I simply asked if he work for 4Kids after he ends with Pokémon. If not, then he hardly can be called 4Kids employee ;-)

Really? That's new info for me. Now I just wonder why he credited himself by different name as VA, while he credited himself by the same name he used as scriptwriter in 4Kids too. This person is really complicated for me :confused:

Well, I don't bashed her acting. What I pointed out is, that she sound like girl. And that's unacceptable for me, especially from experienced VA. That's my main problem with Polish Ash.

Actually, she won the casting. IMO she sounds girly, but i know her "true girly" voice (heard for example in "Island of Giant Pokemon"). I think that voice suits Ash very well, but you know - people from other countries have different tastes.

And BTW, I doubt onyone here ever heard Polish dub. Except you and me of course.

At least Maxim xD

Wait, so that means Carter Cathcart is listed as James Carter Cathcart now, while Jimmy Zoppi listed as Carter Cathcart... :-/

Yes, I know that. I simply asked if he work for 4Kids after he ends with Pokémon. If not, then he hardly can be called 4Kids employee ;-)

I didn't say he is --I said he used to do work with 4Kids (years ago) as the original narrator.

Ken was quite available and free to do season #9.

Zoppi and Kayzie broke their contracts to work on season #9. Ken didn't.

Actually, she won the casting. IMO she sounds girly, but i know her "true girly" voice (heard for example in "Island of Giant Pokemon"). I think that voice suits Ash very well, but you know - people from other countries have different tastes.

Yes, I can signed this. Maybe, I'm too used to czech dub, where Ash were voiced by real 9-11 year old boy, that I can hardly be pleassed with any dub where Ash's voiced by woman :rolleyes:

EDIT:
I didn't say he is --I said he used to do work with 4Kids (years ago) as the original narrator.

Ken was quite available and free to do season #9.

Zoppi and Kayzie broke their contracts to work on season #9. Ken didn't.

Yes, that make sense. But Maddie, mind you respond to my question about BF opening? Were it really done by 4Kids? Or John Loeffler do for PUSA now? I'd like to know this.

Last edited:
Yes, I can signed this. Maybe, I'm too used to czech dub, where Ash were voiced by real 9-11 year old boy, that I can hardly be pleassed with any dub where Ash's voiced by woman :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Yes, that make sense. But Maddie, mind you respond to my question about BF opening? Were it really done by 4Kids? Or John Loeffler do for PUSA now? I'd like to know this.

I really don't know the time frame. Any work contracted by 4Kids for Pokemon is able to be used by PUSA (who now owns it) including everything I've ever done for Pokemon.

That makes sense. I've seen episodes of Pokemon Chronicles where Professor Namba (who Zoppi played) was in it, but Zoppi wasn't credited. Cathcart was. Suddenly, it all makes sense. Thanks for providing that info, Maddie!

So calling a troll a troll is bad now. Your style quite amuses me, Dogasu. Especially when someone like this guy shows up, afraid to even give a screen name, claims to be a PUSA employee/someone with connections, and starts bashing other members---to which you simply ignore. Yes, quite amusing indeed.

This thread is the biggest embarrasment of all in this mess. It's sad that it's degenerated to the point where peace will only come if the subject is banned from discussion like it was in the chatroom...

Anyway, to keep on topic, I've accepted the new voice actors and I've actually grown to like a few of them. Sarah isn't even that bad---she just isn't right for the part she was given. She did a good voice for Lucy, albeit one that didn't really fit the type of personality Lucy was given in the anime, but on the right character it would've clicked perfectly.

I didn't see unregistered post anything more insulting then any other member here almost.

I didn't see unregistered post anything more insulting then any other member here almost.

Rule number one is that if you're going to make some heavy claims, you'd better be prepared to back them up. This "unregistered" fellow certainly isn't helping himself by being too cowardly to even go under an alias. You know what, I've got a hunch---I bet he's either familiar with the fake Jimmy Zoppi that posted here several months ago (the one Serebii Joe exposed as the California university-based IP) or he IS the fake Jimmy Zoppi, refusing to register because his IP could be run again.

Either way, he just suddenly appeared here with seemingly only one purpose, to wage war on SOVA. If he actually did something outside of this debacle things would be different. But as it stands, narrow focuses don't look good.

Unregistered only posted what he/she felt would contribute to the discussion at hand (the ratings for the show as well as information from PUSA apparently). We can't confirm he's a PUSA employee, but we can't deny it, either, because we just don't know. We don't have all the facts at hand. Hey, at least he's not flaming other members and calling them names. Unlike some posters in this thread.

War? Declaring War? Laying it a bit heavy y'know. He ain't declaring war, he's just pointing stuff out.

I mean, he as much of a right to believe against SOVA as they do to belive in it.

This whole situatation is the doing of TAJ,
Maddie and the other Vas are indeed telling the truth. Pokemon USA is simply trying to make the best out of a bad situation, and thus far are doing quite a nice job. I to hear all the critisism over Sarah Natochenney's portrayment of Ash. Let me be the first to say meetings are being held as of now, and if all goes according to plan, Sarah won't be the 'main' character anymore.

I won't bother going down the list.... The older VA's were better, no doubt, as they had the experience needed for Pokemon. The voices have grown with the characters... It's almost like changing Ash's gender to female, or having a Rattata as the new mascot in exchange for Pikachu... Just doesn't work that way. They've been voicing for... how long, is it?... 10 years now? And NOW they change it due to some "falling ratings" (from what I've heard). That's... not an excuse. It's not our fault that the Pokemon series doesn't have a thourough plot like the 1st series and people have lost interest! But that doesn't mean people don't watch it from time to time! Come on, now!! Now, Yu-Gi-Oh! I could understand, as the series finale has already aired. But doing this to a show that's had the same voice actors for years....... No. Just won't work.

If this new Pokemon fails because of the voice actors, so be it. Seems we don't exist to those who figured Pokemon wasn't important and didn't have a fanpool anymore. They can----!! *cuts off ranting*

4Kids treated Pokémon like another dub. They didn't care when VT changed Ash's voice in Hown.

Ash is one of the more popular cartoon characters in the world. It's like deepening Bugs Bunny's voice because he becomes a teacher.

I know maybe THAT comparison wasn't great, as we all know who is more popular.

This whole situatation is the doing of TAJ,
Maddie and the other Vas are indeed telling the truth. Pokemon USA is simply trying to make the best out of a bad situation, and thus far are doing quite a nice job. I to hear all the critisism over Sarah Natochenney's portrayment of Ash. Let me be the first to say meetings are being held as of now, and if all goes according to plan, Sarah won't be the 'main' character anymore.
The key word is if ;-) and darn it, this new (?) 'unregistered' didn't make any errors I can spot. Although, it could be another phony, so I don't believe it even if it does sounds true.

But, I really hope the Sarah part is true, I like that :)

I don't. I don't wanna get used to ANOTHER new VA, especially since I really really like how Sarah is handling it.

And what if the the replacement is, quote on quote, "worse".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom