• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Voice Actors Discussion (READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)

What do you think about the new voices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny how you people believe everything that comes out of Maddie's mouth. And then when a Pokemon USA representative comes in you say its all lies. I doubt it was only the letters. 4kids doesn't listen to fans. 4kids however throws in something at times that those whiny brats will like. Making Harley's character the same is one of them. I'm sure if the current voice actors where used at the beginning and then at Battle Frontier they got switched, people would want them back. Its a matter of what you're used to hearing. Take some time to make yourselves get use to the new voices. They are great and you'll grow accustomed to them.

Blackjack's right in the sense that the members of SOVA should be allowed to voice their opinions to PUSA regarding the VA situation. However, the members of SOVA should also be realistic and understand that their petitions may fall on deaf ears. If PUSA tells SOVA that, basically, the new dub stays as is with the new VAs intact, then (IMO) SOVA should disband. The decision has been made, and there's nothing more they can do about it.

As said before, I am NOT, I repeat, NOT putting maddie on a golden throne. If maddie says something wrong, i'm jumping on it. People feel they need to worship maddie just because she's an old VA. I hate that.

I don't believe everything she says. Instead, I believe you unregistered. You seem like you know what you're talking about and seem to be waking these people up.

It is funny how you people believe everything that comes out of Maddie's mouth. And then when a Pokemon USA representative comes in you say its all lies. I doubt it was only the letters. 4kids doesn't listen to fans. 4kids however throws in something at times that those whiny brats will like. Making Harley's character the same is one of them. I'm sure if the current voice actors where used at the beginning and then at Battle Frontier they got switched, people would want them back. Its a matter of what you're used to hearing. Take some time to make yourselves get use to the new voices. They are great and you'll grow accustomed to them.

Perhaps I am more believable because I have the courtesy to reveal who I am to the other members of this board, rather than posting anonymously.

In any event, I'm not posting to "get back on to the show:, I personally see that as an impossibility. I'm posting to keep the record straight. I have absolutely nothing against the new cast, and as I've said numerous times, I wish them all the best on the new show. I certainly wouldn't call Pokemon fans (whether of the old or new) "whiny brats". I imagine an apology would be in order.

Pocket-Monsters said:
I could care less what maddie said. For all you know, she could be exaggerating, which she has a habbit of doing.

I do? When have I done that?

Perhaps I am more believable because I have the courtesy to reveal who I am to the other members of this board, rather than posting anonymously.

In any event, I'm not posting to "get back on to the show:, I personally see that as an impossibility. I'm posting to keep the record straight. I have absolutely nothing against the new cast, and as I've said numerous times, I wish them all the best on the new show. I certainly wouldn't call Pokemon fans (whether of the old or new) "whiny brats". I imagine an apology would be in order.

I wouldn't call pokemon fans whiny brats of course. That was uncalled for. But people do have a tendancy to whine and moan until they happen to get their way. It is those people who are whinny brats

Hmm, *Dubs Lil Brother and Chrisby Whiny Brats.*

Seriously though, I wouldn't consider calling anyone a whiny brat or any other name. But a lot of users seem to be relentlessly complaining about the same things over and over again. Over time, those complaints just wear thin and become less meaningful each time we hear them.

I don't know for sure, but I think a lot of us are just feeling the fatigue stemming from this whole debate.

The Great Butler, could you please stop? You talk about how the flamebait I posted (which was really a response to your flamebait post talking about how the "lot of us" whine about "foolish things"), but every other post you make is practically an invitation to call you out as the drama queen you are. You've made some very ban-worthy posts to Scott85 more than once, and calling someone a dick, regardless of whether or not that person is a mod, is unacceptable. If you can't resist belittling members who disagree with you, then you shouldn't be posting at all.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Pokemon.com? That's where you got that from?

Oh, I never believe anything that they say.

I mean, first of all, have you seen their replies to some of the questions in the Mail Bag?

Yes. They're a very good source of information...why don't you trust them?

And of course, there's that rediculous article that Lawrence Neves wrote, in response to the original Mastermind. Oh god, don't even get me started on how inaccurate that thing was. X_X

That article wasn't "ridiculous" at all. While it was bogged down by PR speak, it wasn't really that inaccurate at all.

XD375 said:
Besides, Pokémon has a good reputation with the dub openings being better than the originals. It has never failed.

I strongly disagree. While the English openings haven't really been bad (save from the Orange Islands opening and the utterly boring Master Quest opening), the Japanese openings beat the crap out of the English ones, IMO. I mean, I'd much rather listen to Challenger than the Advanced Challenge opening, and I actually happen to like the Advanced Challenge opening.

Misty_Lover17 said:
I wish people would stop telling them to stop trying to bring them back.

You're right. Nobody should be saying that. Because they've already stopped on their own.

I mean really, what has SOVA done in the past few months? I can't see where the website's been updated in forever, and I haven't heard of any new projects coming either. In fact, the only activity I see are PokemonTrainerLisa's novel-esque posts about how she'll "never give up." She's certainly talking the talk, but I haven't seen her walking the walk.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
I don't care what NewBrock says!

He can say that all he wants, and act like he's some kinda big shot or some person in charge of things.

Um...he is an employee at PUSA, y'know. While he really doesn't have any say as to what goes on in the dub (that's for the company big-shots), he DOES have a connection to the dub that you'll never have.

And what do you mean you haven't seen or heard one thing that could make PUSA want to change their VAs? What about letter writing campaigns? I know for a fact that those DO work!!

They work when they're written by an organized group with tons of members. SOVA doesn't fulfill either criteria.

Why would Pokemon USA believe that Sarah is still sufficient if a bunch of letters tell them otherwise?

"A bunch?" Please. I'd be surprised if they got 100 letters.

maddiejoan said:
Ratings have actually been slipping steadily for this last month.

just sayin'

True, but ratings for all Cartoon Network programming as a whole has been steadily declining. It's not just Pokemon.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
For example, I've run into many kids from that age group (6 to 11), and I've asked them what they thought of the new voices on Pokemon. The majority of them, in my area anyway, have said that they don't like the new voices and they prefer the original voices.

I'm not lying. That's exactly what kids from the target age group have told me.

So? They're obviously not bothered enough about it to stop watching the show because the ratings have been great all season.

Pocket_Monsters said:
The remarks he said about the ratings did make him seem professional though...

I know, right? I mean, we know he can't possibly be someone he never claimed to be because we all know how profess--

Eric Stuart said:
URGENT: IT SEEMS THAT POKEMON USA IS IT'S INFINITE GREED HAS DECIDED TO TAKE POKEMON AND RE-CAST ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STARS TO SAVE MONEY. THEY PLAN ON RECORDING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WITH ALL NEW ACTORS AS WELL AS DOING THE NEXT SEASON WITH NEW ACTORS. THEY FEEL THAT THE VOICES DON'T MATTER AND THAT TAJ PRODUCTIONS CAN DO THE SAME QUALITY OF WORK THAT 4 KIDS HAS DONE.

WRITE THE WB-WRITE THE FAN SITES. 4 KIDS TRIED TO SAVE THE SHOW BUT POKEMON USA IS MORE INTERESTED IN THEIR WALLETS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW. THE FANS MUST SPEAK UP!!!!!

ARE YOUR READY FOR A NEW ASH, BROCK, MAY, MAX, JAMES, JESSIE AND MEOWTH?!!!

...whoops. Nevermind.

You mean that girly Polish Ash which is even less standing then Sarah? Or do you speaking about German dub with their many mistakes? PUSA dub is still better for me than both of those :lol:

Well, it all depends. Most people here actually like Polish Ash, although during late MQ her acting was just WRONG... after all, she's an experienced actress and VA who knows ow to do the work and season 6 dub now sounds very good (at least on her side), ald Master Quest was dubbed in a VERY big hurry (as after 2 yars, if you don't use the show you bought rights to dub, you LOSE these rights... and Polsat dubbed it just in time, also usual studio didn't existed then).

And actually, comparing RAW dub with 4kids' dub proves that RAW one is superior... but yes, people are used to old cast.

heh. She's the same age as me. lol

Me too, but unfortunately there's no dub studio near my place.

It is funny how you people believe everything that comes out of Maddie's mouth. And then when a Pokemon USA representative comes in you say its all lies.

It's easier to believe someone you know than the random "Unregistered" person who just attacks people.

Trying to get the original voice actors is an impossible goal. Save Our Voice Actors has become the laughingstock of not only the fans, but even the Pokemon USA staff. If you haven't noticed it already, TAJ is getting close to the new series. It has been confirmed the voice actors will go on to this new series. You do NOT make the decisions. The people in charge do, and if I haven't said this enough: You are NOT0 the target age. They don't care how many signatures you get. You will not need 1-2 million signatures from anyone, you will need 1-2 million signatures from children of the target age. Do you now understand how pointless this campaign is? I do not mean to be rude, but everyone is sick and tired of this nonsense. It was over months ago, get over it and move on. Its a children's show and it will not affect your life dramatically.

With this the jig is up. No professional talks like this, at least no respectable one.

Actually Habunake, there's a lot more to it than that. Basically, anyone is capable of lying simply because s/he thinks that s/he can gain something by getting away with it. At the same time though, we all stand to lose a lot more when we get caught red-handed in the lie. But I don't think this hypothetical notion that one actually has a motive for lying while the other side does not is a solid factor to determine who's telling the truth and who's lying/misinformed, let alone the sole factor designated for making that judgement.

When I try to get my facts straight, I look at three underlying qualifications:

1. The Evidence available to back up the claims being made
2. The Plausibility of those claims
3. Finally, the Credibility of the Source

Based on what's I've found out from listening to people on both sides of this issue on various forums, plus the hours of online research I've spent gathering information, I'm convinced that Pokemon USA played fair in trying to get just about everyone from the previous cast and crew on board with the new season. As it stands now, at least five individuals who previously worked on the series under 4Kids are currently in the cast/crew of Battle Frontier.

Now, while I feel I have plenty of information to make an informed opinion, the information is still inconclusive and I don't know the complete details. Few if any of us know the absolute true story and I'll be the first to admit that I could be proven wrong, but unless new information cmes to light in the future, my opinion stands.

Except get people to try and get her job back.

I'm not trying to get my job back, hon. Just myth-busting.

As it stands now, at least five individuals who previously worked on the series under 4Kids are currently in the cast/crew of Battle Frontier.

I count three. (Kayzie Rogers, Roger Parsons and Jimmy Zoppi) Who are the other two?

Last edited:
I count three. (Kayzie Rogers, Roger Parsons and Jimmy Zoppi) Who are the other two?

I believed Carter Cathcart, Manny Corallo and John Loeffler were 4Kids employes too. Or am I wrong?
And what's with Ken Gates? Do he anything else for 4Kids after he eds with Pokémon back in 2003? I don't know about anything.

Well, it all depends. Most people here actually like Polish Ash, although during late MQ her acting was just WRONG... after all, she's an experienced actress and VA who knows ow to do the work and season 6 dub now sounds very good (at least on her side), ald Master Quest was dubbed in a VERY big hurry (as after 2 yars, if you don't use the show you bought rights to dub, you LOSE these rights... and Polsat dubbed it just in time, also usual studio didn't existed then).

Well, I don't bashed her acting. What I pointed out is, that she sound like girl. And that's unacceptable for me, especially from experienced VA. That's my main problem with Polish Ash.
And BTW, I doubt onyone here ever heard Polish dub. Except you and me of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom