• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Victini isn't as boring as Audino though. Seriously Japan!
My brother befriended a female Igglybuff with Friend Guard. Is that good?

So far, I always get at least a female. Not the ones I'd like, but hey, I'll need them all eventually. I have a Rattled Poochyena, Flame Body Ponyta and a Run Away Oddish.

Victini isn't as boring as Audino though. Seriously Japan!
My brother befriended a female Igglybuff with Friend Guard. Is that good?

Once it evolves into Wigglytuff, it'll get Frisk, so that's not bad at all. Frisk can be quite useful, more than Cute Charm most of the times at least (you don't really want to risk Wigglytuff being touched too often by physical attacks).

Sharing Shelves are too easy to abuse, live giving someone an Oran Berry for an awesome item.

i got 1 last question i forgot to offer anything on the tree and i was wondering will tat same pokemon tat i befriend it will still be there waiting the next day because i found lots of good female pokemon... i'm sorta worried i may miss my chance.... :(

How do I become dream world friends with my friends?
It seems that for now you don't, unless you randomly meet them in the Dream World.
I made another account for my Black and got a Shinx that knows Magnet Rise. I also re did that stupid Eeveelution game and got Espeon. Now I just have to wait until they give those out and I'll have Espeon and Vaporeon.
Does anyone know if you can soft reset for a better nature for Dream World pokemon or is it set in stone once you get them in your Entra Link forest? Also can Dream World pokemon be shiny? Sorry if this stuff has been asked already.
You can softreset for other natures, and I don't know if they can be shiny.
Same. I don't live in Japan, I would prefer to see the most popular one in the UK.
I was kind of wondering that too. I wish it wasn't stuck on showing me all the audino in Japan, I'd like to see a better collection of data. D:
Why does everybody use audino for it?
Japanese people are probably wondering the same thing, my guess is it's stuck on some test data where the only thing *is* Audino.
got myself today a moody female bidoof, and some dw friends don't ask how I got them they apparently visited my house, and then I got to visit their houses.
You can visit random people and request they become your friend
Another question: When do legendaries and gen V Pokés appear in the DW? In my three trips to the island I've only seen Pokemon of the first four generations, and it seems like the same ones as everybody else (Taillow, Farfetch'd, Lotad, Hoppip and Ponyta seem to be really common ones).
Gen V Pokemon can't appear, since the images for them to appear in the Dream Forest don't exist. They could give out Hidden Ability Pokemon over Mystery Gift though.
i got a question about the games i sorta didnt read the ice cream part what is the object of the game aka goal is to stack 1 ice cream on top of another and try to get it high?
I just dump the biggest scoops possible of the stickiest ice-cream. They generally stick before the fall off. Best is is a gravity defying tower of ice-cream 170 inches tall (Nearly 4.5 metres!)

But what's the heart thingy? Is that for choosing the right ice-cream or for getting them the right size? The points seem to depend on that for something so I'm sure I'm missing something. It's like a fraction where the numerator is some unknown thing that I occasionally get by accident and the denominator is the total number of scoops in the heap.
What you have to do is; Using an equal amount of each type of ice cream, using scoops as close to those shown as bite-size as possible, make a tower as large as you can.
Also, the berry you use affects the stats of the ice cream. Bulbapedia doesn't like lists like those, so when I made up a list I gave it to Serebii, and you can find it on his site.

If you just use one type and no bite-size scoops, you'll never get the rare moves at 30000 points. You'd need a tower 300cm or 300in high(!) (1cm=1in, which is displayed depends where you are.)
I think I am getting the hang of the DW and can appreciate and enjoy it much more now. :)

Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!
:secret: where is that stated? i can't find that anywhere here. If this is true, then fuuu- this DW is going to have a limited amount of usefulness eventually.
Apparently there was a limit in Japan but it was removed... shortly after 50 days elapsed. It's stated in one of the tutorials 'If you have 50 Pokemon on your Friend Board, you cannot go to the Island of Dreams.'

Last edited:
i got 1 last question i forgot to offer anything on the tree and i was wondering will tat same pokemon tat i befriend it will still be there waiting the next day because i found lots of good female pokemon... i'm sorta worried i may miss my chance.... :(

You have to get them that day unless they're already on your friend board.

How come it only lets me have one Pokemon on my friend board? And when I try to get more, it says I need to send them to Entralink

How come it only lets me have one Pokemon on my friend board? And when I try to get more, it says I need to send them to Entralink
After you wish for a Pokemon you can't go back to the Island of Dreams until you wake up your Pokemon (the Pokemon you wished for goes to your Entralink) and put it back to sleep.

Hmm, the Global Link works fine for me now, but does anyone else experience a long wait for pokemon to get tucked in/wake up?

Yes, its a good way to get good berries, like a Oran berry for a Chople Berry :D.
Bit mean though xD. Earlier today, I got the Psychic-Resist berry for a Chesto Berry, but I watered all 12 of the guy's berries while I was there...kinda makes up for it a bit xD

I think I am getting the hang of the DW and can appreciate and enjoy it much more now. :)

Just a tip to everyone: You can only transfer up to 50 Pokemon..Once you hit that limit, I don't think you will be able to befriend any more Pokemon. I'm going to save room for rarer Pokemon. I encountered Rattata, Eggexcute, and didn't bother to befriend them. Sorry!

You need the points for more garden space to plant berries though.

After you wish for a Pokemon you can't go back to the Island of Dreams until you wake up your Pokemon (the Pokemon you wished for goes to your Entralink) and put it back to sleep.

How come you can't put more on the Friend board?

How come you can't put more on the Friend board?
That's just the way it's set up, Nintendo'd be the one you'd need to ask. I'd guess possibly to give artificial value to Dream World Pokemon, in that if you can only get one a day, that creates a maximum limit to the amount available.

Why is there space to put more on the Board if you can only take one? That's just stupid. How are people here getting more than one then?

Why is there space to put more on the Board if you can only take one? That's just stupid. How are people here getting more than one then?
Because the board lists every Pokemon you've brought back to your game over a number of sessions.

Back
Top Bottom