• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fire Punch is even more awesome. Especially from Darmanitan. [/OFF TOPIC]

Klink has no connection to flames, so it can't use Flame Wheel any way you cut it. Besides, it'd melt itself.

Now, what it should have access to is Wild Charge.

Fire Punch is even more awesome. Especially from Darmanitan. [/OFF TOPIC]

Klink has no connection to flames, so it can't use Flame Wheel any way you cut it. Besides, it'd melt itself.

Now, what it should have access to is Wild Charge.

Um, Klink can't exactly charge or run. So no.

What...what the?

Since when did every move have to make perfect sense? Klink can easily spin fast enough to turn into fire, plus a Fire move would be nice so they can take care of other Steel-types.

Don't exactly get this stuff about it "melting" and everything.

Since when did every move have to make perfect sense? Klink can easily spin fast enough to turn into fire, plus a Fire move would be nice so they can take care of other Steel-types.

A majority of the moves that pokemon make sense, about 95% of them. I'd prefer that it were 100%, but you can't get everything. And the amount of friction that Giaru would produce turning at a fast enough speed to make fire would cause its body (steel) to melt before it could get off the blast.

Same reason why Golduck can learn a ton of psychic moves when it isn't psychic type, even though it's been outright stated in pokedex entries that it has psychic powers.

Then why can it learn moves like Thundershock and Volt Switch?

I meant charge in the context of run, thundershock and volt switch are in the context of electricity, which is closely related to gears.

Same reason why Golduck can learn a ton of psychic moves when it isn't psychic type, even though it's been outright stated in pokedex entries that it has psychic powers.

That's an innate ability of the pokemon... giaru has no innate ability (that I am aware of ) to produce flames.

I meant charge in the context of run, thundershock and volt switch are in the context of electricity, which is closely related to gears.

That's an innate ability of the pokemon... giaru has no innate ability (that I am aware of ) to produce flames.

If they spin fast enough they could produce friction induced flames

This conversation is silly. Do any of you realize exactly how fast it would have to be spinning to catch on fire? Even if it didn't melt from the heat, and putting aside the fact that metal doesn't catch on fire without something flammable coating it, it would have to be spinning for an extremely long time at an extremely high rate to catch on fire. Wooden gears back in the day wouldn't even catch on fire from friction, and they could go pretty fast before breaking.

If they spin fast enough they could produce friction induced flames

A majority of the moves that pokemon make sense, about 95% of them. I'd prefer that it were 100%, but you can't get everything. And the amount of friction that Giaru would produce turning at a fast enough speed to make fire would cause its body (steel) to melt before it could get off the blast.

I had already addressed that. Also, I really like Hunter Blade's point:

This conversation is silly. Do any of you realize exactly how fast it would have to be spinning to catch on fire? Even if it didn't melt from the heat, and putting aside the fact that metal doesn't catch on fire without something flammable coating it, it would have to be spinning for an extremely long time at an extremely high rate to catch on fire. Wooden gears back in the day wouldn't even catch on fire from friction, and they could go pretty fast before breaking.

I do think that Klink should be a secondary electric-type though, look at its moveset!

So. We have a rat that can use Flame Wheel.

You guys are being really anal about a simple suggestion for one move that's really not out there at all. :conangry:

So. We have a rat that can use Flame Wheel.

You guys are being really anal about a simple suggestion for one move that's really not out there at all. :conangry:
Exactly. How fast it has to be spinning? No one bats an eye at a tiny turtle or penguin being able to use more water than they should logically be able to hold in their bodies? Or the fact that we justify fire Pokemon having some sort of flame organ to breath fire, yet do not question where they get all that energy, yet for Klinklang, its suddenly so weird?

How does a fighting Pokemon's fist catch fire for Fire Punch? It's the same basic logic we have right there, the difference is that Klinklang is explicitly stated to produce energy as it spins and is able to fire energy through the spikes on its outer ring.

My initial objection was that it didn't need Flame Wheel -- why would it need to be able to defeat other steel pokemon when the majority of pokemon aren't the steel type? It seems to me like a useless addition.

Not when that one Pokemon is a perfect counter unless you have Shed Skin or Volt Switch

Back
Top Bottom