• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon Discussion

Which flying pokemon in B/W do you prefer?

• Unfezant

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Swoobat

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Sigllyph

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Archeops

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • Swanna

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Braviary

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • Mandibuzz

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pfffft, i'll use a legendary.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • No.

Votes: 12 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Zorua's Illusion ability! My Zorua has one battles against hard opponents in Battle Subway because of his Illusion! D8 Am I just lucky, or is the CPU opponent truly fooled by the illusion? Against Psychic, and a few others, Pokemon, Zorua has decimated many teams with Agility + Nasty Plot!

It doesn't work all the time, but when it does, it's real badass. I wonder if more Pokemon besides Zorua and Zoroark will get Illusion? D:

So, you know the pokemon 'Leavanny'? It's name is a pretty straight-foward one to work out. 'Leaves'. 'Nanny'. Not too stellar.
But I was faffing about on Wikipedia not too long ago and stumbled across this rather small article.

I don't know about anyone else, but I really like it when there's more to a pokemon's name than first meets the eye.

And people said the Unova Pokemon English names were uncreative and unoriginal! Hah! I learned something new, and that is indeed quite interesting.

I like Zorua's Illusion ability! My Zorua has one battles against hard opponents in Battle Subway because of his Illusion! D8 Am I just lucky, or is the CPU opponent truly fooled by the illusion? Against Psychic, and a few others, Pokemon, Zorua has decimated many teams with Agility + Nasty Plot!

It doesn't work all the time, but when it does, it's real badass. I wonder if more Pokemon besides Zorua and Zoroark will get Illusion? D:

And people said the Unova Pokemon English names were uncreative and unoriginal! Hah! I learned something new, and that is indeed quite interesting.

I dont think that any other Pokemon will ever get Illusion due to how Zorua/Zoroark where made to use it.

Hey did anyone notice like 20 pictures of pikachus throughout unovas areas before you defeat N and its not even on the Unova Pokedex?

Why is Genesect's signature move the most FAIL of them all? Bulbapedia makes a good point of how Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower all outclass their Techno Buster/Techno Blast counterparts. So what gives? Granted, Douse Drive!Techno Blast would be useful.

Why is Genesect's signature move the most FAIL of them all? Bulbapedia makes a good point of how Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower all outclass their Techno Buster/Techno Blast counterparts. So what gives? Granted, Douse Drive!Techno Blast would be useful.
Useful against what? Giving it a water move? It's not like fire moves can't be wielded by non-fires.

Genesect, how you dissapoint me.

Even water Techo Blast sucks, because it has to be holding a Douse Drive, and it doesn't even change type?

But V-create looks like a useable move.

Genesect, how you dissapoint me.

Even water Techo Blast sucks, because it has to be holding a Douse Drive, and it doesn't even change type?

But V-create looks like a useable move.
Yeah, you'd think that the armor Team Plasma placed on it would be technologically advanced enough to have it emulate other types depending on which Drive its using making it able to be any of the five combinations: Fire/Steel, Ice/Steel, Electric/Steel, Water/Steel.

I say keep Steel type just because it has better defensive coverage.

But no, its armor almost seems like it was just cosmetic

Hopefully the third version will rectify this and add onto the Drive's effect to change Genesect's type (opposite of Arceus, where its ability changes its type based on the plate). It would be quite a nice surprise.

Yeah, you'd think that the armor Team Plasma placed on it would be technologically advanced enough to have it emulate other types depending on which Drive its using making it able to be any of the five combinations: Fire/Steel, Ice/Steel, Electric/Steel, Water/Steel. I say keep Steel type just because it has better defensive coverage. But no, its armor almost seems like it was just cosmetic Hopefully the third version will rectify this and add onto the Drive's effect to change Genesect's type (opposite of Arceus, where its ability changes its type based on the plate). It would be quite a nice surprise.
I think the most plausible thing to think is that they would add something like that in the next generation, like with the Rotom formes.

I think the most plausible thing to think is that they would add something like that in the next generation, like with the Rotom formes.
The Rotom Forms weren't added a generation later--they were added in the third version. So if Game Freak were to add new features to Genesect, I'd think they'd do it that way as well. Compare Shaymin: Also an event legendary, which didn't get its Sky Forme until Platinum.

So how about that Hydreigon, huh? I love mine, it really does consume and destroy everything lol. Or not.

My Hydreigon, Schizo, is a great Pokemon. I just flat-out love the brute force behind its Specs-enforced STAB Draco Meteor! It also has coverage up the wazoo, and to make things better, it has a type combo I always wanted: Dark/Dragon! SharKing approves of Hydreigon.

The Rotom Forms weren't added a generation later--they were added in the third version. So if Game Freak were to add new features to Genesect, I'd think they'd do it that way as well. Compare Shaymin: Also an event legendary, which didn't get its Sky Forme until Platinum.

He wasn't talking about new forms, he was talking about changing the types of the current forms, which DID happen a generation later with Rotom.

Funny Timburr comic appeared :lol:
4koma_dokkora.jpg
Now we see what happends when it misses catching its plank. I bet in the anime it will be twice as funny XD

Last edited:
You know, every time I see him do a baton twirl with his plank in-game, I wait for that to happen.

I'm pretty sure they have those for every Unova Pokémon. I found this one too:

4koma_minezumi.jpg

Funny Timburr comic appeared :lol:
4koma_dokkora.jpg
Now we see what happends when it misses catching its plank. I bet in the anime it will be twice as funny XD

That made my day! And if I'm reading the Japanese right, it says Timburr forgot Bide and learned a rather fitting move for the last panel: Frustration.

I always did wonder how the Timburr line acquired their implements (and how a 2-by-4 evolves into a steel girder.)

Hey did anyone notice like 20 pictures of pikachus throughout unovas areas before you defeat N and its not even on the Unova Pokedex?

Yeah, me too. They also talked about Charizard in Driftveil. I hope that they include some older pokemon in the third version.

Back
Top Bottom