• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but.

ElesaPicture.png

Elesa is quite the costume changer, she's starting to interest me.

Eeee, Shelmet! Just seeing the little snail in action makes me giddy with delight. I don't care if he's quite blatantly going to get curbstomped here, he's an adorable bundle of shell and slime, and no zebra can take that away from him.^^

I see that Bianca's Minccino has learned how to use Swift (or some similar-looking move). I wonder if that means that one of his previous moves has been given the boot? Well, I just hope it's not Tickle - I'd miss seeing the tortured expressions of his hapless opponents as they erupt helplessly with laughter.

I see that Bianca's Minccino has learned how to use Swift (or some similar-looking move). I wonder if that means that one of his previous moves has been given the boot? Well, I just hope it's not Tickle - I'd miss seeing the tortured expressions of his hapless opponents as they erupt helplessly with laughter.

I hope that if a move has been replaced, it isn't Attract. As insane as it sounds to say that, I can see the sheer desparation on Bel's face as it fails to work really adding to the tension of the fight.

Bel's Pappy has a Darumaka, ya know there are 50 other Pokemon and Din just showed up with a Darumaka, yet the writers keep whoring out Hatooboh, Darumaka, Minezumi, and Shikijiki.

And YES SATOSHI is being smart with using a water type like Miju against a Fire type. If Satoshi's Tsutarja has a grudge against all Emonga and beats it I'll be surprised. Satoshi is just lucky even though he's at a disadvantage he still might be able to come through, but maybe he should rely less on luck and more on training, type match-up, strategy and better moves. This would have been a great chance for Tsutarja to lose and then give up Leaf Storm or Vine Whip for Slam or Coil.

So I guess nobody's translated what's said in the preview yet? Basically, Satoshi's narration tells us that if Bel loses this battle, she promised her father that she'll end her journey and return home.

Also, I was looking through the Pokemon Fan issue where those scans from earlier in the thread came from and noticed this picture:

satoshi_plan.png

Here, Satoshi is planning for his upcoming battle. Let's zoom in on the paper in front of him for a minute:

satoshi_plan_close-up.png

It looks like Kamitsure's Shibishirasu is the pokemon that's giving Satoshi the most trouble.

The magazine also reveals that Emonga knows Aerial Ace, Zebraika knows Double Kick, and Shibishirasu knows a super fast version of Tackle.

Bel's Pappy has a Darumaka, ya know there are 50 other Pokemon and Din just showed up with a Darumaka, yet the writers keep whoring out Hatooboh, Darumaka, Minezumi, and Shikijiki.

And YES SATOSHI is being smart with using a water type like Miju against a Fire type. If Satoshi's Tsutarja has a grudge against all Emonga and beats it I'll be surprised. Satoshi is just lucky even though he's at a disadvantage he still might be able to come through, but maybe he should rely less on luck and more on training, type match-up, strategy and better moves. This would have been a great chance for Tsutarja to lose and then give up Leaf Storm or Vine Whip for Slam or Coil.

It's actually a Darmanitan.

And honestly, I think and hope that Ash will win that battle which would mean another win under Oshawott's belt.

Give you Leaf Storm? Are you nuts!? I'm aiming more on Leaf Blade as Vine Whip at least also gives assistance on terrains and other similar areas. Let's give her Twister.

Wow. Looking at the data, Tynamo is the fastest while the middle evolution is the slowest and the final form is 2nd slow. Interesting change. Of course, it's not the 1st Pokemon with evolutions have 1 or 2 lesser stats than the pre-evolutions.

And honestly, I think and hope that Ash will win that battle which would mean another win under Oshawott's belt.

When was the last time Oshawott battled? The last thing I remember is it KO-ing itself against Roggenrola. Given the fact that Ash, at least this particular season, hasn't won many type advantaged battles...makes me think he could to her father.

If Bianca get's completely thrashed by Elesa with only one Pokemon, I wonder how Ash knows she has a Shibishirasu? I guess she reveals it in the episode with Bianca?

Last edited:

I wonder if Elesa will switch pokemon like Lenora did?

I wonder if Elesa will switch pokemon like Lenora did?
I don't think she would switch, but her Emolga might know Volt Switch like in the games. So maybe she would order the Emolga to use it for the Zebstrika or Tynamo. In case the Emolga is in trouble.

I have a soft spot for Electric Types so seeing Pikachu, Emonga, Zeburaika, Kamitsure's Emonga, Shibirudon, and Shibibirasu and Um....Maggyo all so soon after each other is a real treat, I still can't get over how powerful Shibibirasu is though, and speedy for such a tiny Pokemon that can only learn four moves it literally rammed Pikachu like he was a toy. I could see it evolving and Pikachu battling it again, but that thing in the game is no joke either.

I still don't have a prob with the match-ups, Pikachu deserves to beat that Shibibirasu, it's a tiny little fish eel and that's it.

Last edited:

So I guess nobody's translated what's said in the preview yet? Basically, Satoshi's narration tells us that if Bel loses this battle, she promised her father that she'll end her journey and return home.

Also, I was looking through the Pokemon Fan issue where those scans from earlier in the thread came from and noticed this picture:

satoshi_plan.png

Here, Satoshi is planning for his upcoming battle. Let's zoom in on the paper in front of him for a minute:

satoshi_plan_close-up.png

It looks like Kamitsure's Shibishirasu is the pokemon that's giving Satoshi the most trouble.

The magazine also reveals that Emonga knows Aerial Ace, Zebraika knows Double Kick, and Shibishirasu knows a super fast version of Tackle.

I'm amazed in how you can tell what Pokemon is what in the scribble of crap. All I can make out is Pikachu.
I really hope this is a one time gym match. I don't know if I can stand them being in Nimbasa any longer than they already are. Plus, I think there are more episodes. It's time to move on soon.

Oh yeah, Shibishirasu can only use four moves. Well, at least there won't be any arguments over which move is which...

But the anime is very consistent on every Pokemon only knowing four moves.

Tynamo can only use four attacks: Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, and Charge Beam.

I'm amazed in how you can tell what Pokemon is what in the scribble of crap. All I can make out is Pikachu.

Pikachu, Swadloon, Palpitoad, Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig, from top to bottom.

Last edited:

I wonder why the writers are purposely having Ash use the same exact team here that he did in the Don battle tournament.

Sure, Palpitoad and Snivy haven't had a Gym yet, but it seems suspicious. Especially since the tournament wasn't that long before this. Surely they realize its the same 3 pokemon?

I wonder why the writers are purposely having Ash use the same exact team here that he did in the Don battle tournament.

Sure, Palpitoad and Snivy haven't had a Gym yet, but it seems suspicious. Especially since the tournament wasn't that long before this. Surely they realize its the same 3 pokemon?

Tepig is going to be used in the tag battle against the Subway Masters. Oshawott will be battling Bianca's dad in BW049, and Ash may decide to not use it because of a type disadvantage. Scraggy just learned Hi Jump Kick and likely has not mastered Headbutt yet. Ash decided not to use Tranquill because it is part Flying type. Roggenrola was used in the Battle Subway episodes.

Palpitoad is obviously going to be used because of its part Ground type. Snivy is most likely going to be used just for Elesa to show off an Emolga that can use Flying-type moves like Aerial Ace. We also know that the writers are forcing Pikachu to be the main star of this gym battle.

I don't see an issue with Palpitoad and Snivy battling here. They have yet to participate in a gym battle, and Palpitoad hardly battles as it is.

Of course they do, and it will likely be the exact oppisite of what happened in the Don Battle tournament with two of them. Palpitoad seems to be the fall guy, when he was the most impressive in the tournament. Snivy will probably get a win, and Pikachu having no wins whatsoever while losing in the finals...is going to be the star here.

I still don't think the writers should have let Pikachu star here just because it lost in the tournament. It starred in the last gym. Something else could have been used here. Roggenrola, and Tranquil say hello.

U know what I like about this gym
That, unlike other gym, This Gym battle is fought in the Studium filled wih people
This way Gym battle seem like a real sport
Do u have any idea how much I wanted Ash to fight a gym battle like this
Where his Gym battle would be watch by more people then his sidekick's
I hope Ash have his Best Battle against Elesa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom