• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

[video=youtube;0HoosFetRTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HoosFetRTQ[/video]

Bel's dad (assuming) is fabulous and (seemingly?) sclera-less. Who knew he'd be such a troll? XD Bel is in some need of some serious development, so I hope the humor doesn't obstruct that too much. Doesn't seem like it though, with the waterworks and all (then again, this is BEL we're talking about here...).

Huh, I wonder who Ash is battling in this ep? Whose Darmanitan is that? Bianca looks like she's at least putting up a good fight, so this won't be a curb stomp maybe.

Seems that Ash will be using Pikachu, Palpitoad, and Snivy in the gym battle. Oh well, poor Oshawott never got a chance to show off the results of his training. No, a fire-type Darmanitan with Flare Blitz does not count. Oshawott already had the type advantage!

It is very disappointing, to say the least, that the writers reduce Ash to using the pokemon that he had used in the Don Battle for this gym battle.

Huh, I wonder who Ash is battling in this ep? Whose Darmanitan is that? Bianca looks like she's at least putting up a good fight, so this won't be a curb stomp maybe.

It appears to be Bianca's father, who for some reason is performing cosplay.

Last edited:

I thought her father would be the serious type...this is totally different from what I had in mind.

Bianca starting to tear up screams development, well I think it does. I just wonder how Ash battling Bianca's dad will be important to Bianca being able to continue her journey. At least Bianca battling Elesa made sense, I guess Bianca couldn't battle because her Pokemon would probably be too injured. At least Oshawott gets a battle.

You gotta hand it to the animation team. When they're presented with a curvy female character in a skimpy outfit, the potential is there to really up the fanservice. But nay, these guys are the most tactful of artists! They won't bow down to such lowly temptations! I, for one, am glad that they chose the path of subtlety, rather than flauting Kamitsure like the sweetest of eyecandy.

Oh look, Pikachu is being used. How shocking. It's probably going to star now, because the writers feel it needs to be redeemed for some reason...*groan*

Anyway, Palpitoad is going to be the fall guy most likely and it seems Elesa's Emonga is female. Yeah, okay..

Last edited:

Oh look, Pikachu is being used. How shocking. It's probably going to star now, because the writers feel it needs to be redeemed for some reason...*groan*

Pikachu was given a personality over the past few episodes, so why not? If Pikachu does become the MVP, I want to see how the writers can get away with it, considering that Zebstrika's in-game abilities prevent the pokemon from being damaged by Pikachu's Electric-type attacks.

Bel's father is actually Kenyan from the future. That would explain the animosity between them.

Pikachu was given a personality over the past few episodes, so why not? If Pikachu does become the MVP, I want to see how the writers can get away with it, considering that Zebstrika's in-game abilities prevent the pokemon from being damaged by Pikachu's Electric-type attacks.

To be honest, the slot could have easily gone to something that actually needed some screentime. Roggenrola, Tranquil, or Swadloon for example. Pikachu being used kinda of kills my enjoyment somewhat. It just seems it's obviously being used to make up for it's loss to Excadrill. Hopefully I'm wrong, and Snivy stars or something.

On a more positive note, it seems we might get to see an emotional breakdown of some sort from Bianca..since it's likely she's going to get stomped by Elesa. I do hope Ash doesn't lose to her father though...that would be terrible.

Pikachu is the Most Valuable Pokemon of this gym as well as the Very Important Pokemon so I'm glad he's being used, but that Shibibi is giving Pika a hard time for sure. Emonga VS. Tsutarja? Fuck, what is with this type disadvantages thing? Gamaggaru is the fall guy?(girl?) Being creamed by Acrobat what a cool move BTW.

Ash will probably battle Bel dad after she loses against to Elesa!
I hope Ash gets his ass kicked really nice! he diserves it for not using swadloon, roggenrola or scraggy! the writers are making all the bad choices!

I like how there's audience in the gym battle like in Dento's gym. Well, both these gyms have fangirls only, though... >_>; I always thought it was silly not to have any audience at all in the previous gym battles, despite the stands...

For some reason I imagined Kamitsure with a lower voice, but I like the one we hear in the preview. She has nice moves, reminds me of Arti a bit.

The battle will likely be the reverse of the Don Battle, considering he's using the same team. Palpitoad won't get any wins. Snivy will likely get one again. Pikachu might get one or two. If he only get's one the Snivy will get two...which I hope is the case at this point.

LOL, I just now noticed the team is the same as in the Don Battle.

Oh look, Pikachu is being used. How shocking.
That probably wasn't deliberate...but still xD

Still, while Ash's team is a disappointment, it's nice to see Elesa using Tynamo.

Elesa has a tynamo! That's cool.
But somehow i imagined Elesa to be.. i don't know, more serious and cool type with lower voice. But then again i haven't even seen the episode yet so i shouldn't judge her!
I'm looking forward to seeing Bel and her gym battle! ( And her Shelmet too, i always thought that it looked stupid, but maybe the anime will make me like it more like it did with Stunfisk. :D )

The battle will likely be the reverse of the Don Battle, considering he's using the same team.

WOW! I didn't notice this. My guess:

Pikachu: Champion.
Gamagaru: Fall guy.
Tsutarja: Draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom