• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Professor Akuroma

The description line for Akuroma in the trailer reads "Foe? Friend? A mysterious character."
Putting that together with the word "Aku" having the meaning evil/wickedness....yeah, they couldn't telegraph this more if they were trying.

The description line for Akuroma in the trailer reads "Foe? Friend? A mysterious character."
Putting that together with the word "Aku" having the meaning evil/wickedness....yeah, they couldn't telegraph this more if they were trying.
I've seen some people romanising his name as either "Akuroma" or "Achroma". Do we have any idea which one is the correct one?

Other than that though, I do agree that he is a villain. Just making us doubt that he's an ally is enough to spell it out to us that he's a bad guy.

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

I don't really like the poison gym leader, but as long as she doesn't replace Skyla, I couldn't really care less.

As for Blaquaman, I'm neutral. Interesting to see what pokémon he has (if Octillery, he's automatically bro-tier).

I've seen some people romanising his name as either "Akuroma" or "Achroma". Do we have any idea which one is the correct one?

Well, the literal rendering of the kana is Akuroma, but Achroma seems to be the intended spelling given it's meaning of colorless, considering the entire "black and white" morality themes of Gen V.

Well, the literal rendering of the kana is Akuroma, but Achroma seems to be the intended spelling given it's meaning of colorless, considering the entire "black and white" morality themes of Gen V.
Fair enough. I prefer Achroma anyway; easier on the tongue.

His colour scheme matches the Plasma logo perfectly~

Plasma-logo.png

Akuroma is N.

Just want to blurt it out before it might be proven as fact. Although he doesn't have most of N's features like iris color I do think maybe he might be N or related to him in someway.

He also resembles Albert Wesker from Resident Evil, as I'm sure everyone's seen pointed out around the net.

Dunno about him being N... but his role may be similar to how N's was in BW.

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

Is it just me, or does rival guy have a pink C-gear? Seems a bit odd for a male character...

I like Akuroma better. Achroma looks weird. oAo He's Most Certainly Not A Villain. I've said it a million times by now, but still...GOD HES SO CREEPY. D8;

Is it just me, or does rival guy have a pink C-gear? Seems a bit odd for a male character...

I don't think so.
His C-gear looks purple to me.

By the way, I am male and I like pink.

By the way, I am male and I like pink.

I know a lot of guys who like pink too (including me), but unfortunately, it still doesn't change the fact that stereotypically it's a girl's color.

Also, to be honest, while the protagonists have grown on me, I just can't comprehend their hairstyle. As far as I'm concerned, BW2 haven't introduced a character yet that isn't in desperate need of a haircut.

I like this guy's fashion sense.
I want to know where he gets his hair done.
I think he may be related to Ghetsis or N.

Gah! I was wrong about Shizui being black now that we have clearer artwork of him. The rival seems to give me both a Gary and Silver vibe to him, which everyone here wants rivals to be more like.

I really like the designs for all the characters so far :3 They look unique but stylish to me.

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

I don't really like the poison gym leader, but as long as she doesn't replace Skyla, I couldn't really care less.

As for Blaquaman, I'm neutral. Interesting to see what pokémon he has (if Octillery, he's automatically bro-tier).
More like Aquatan. I don't get all the hate for him though (outside the tan) since he's actually the first male water leader to, you know, look like he actually goes in the water. Wallace and Juan just go around talking about how pretty water is, while Wake...I'm not really sure why he likes water. Though @Grave-E;'s suggestion would have been a much more interesting approach if we were to go with a water-leader who actually goes in the water.

And I just realized how oversaturated male Water leaders are in this franchise.

Last edited:

"Too dark for Pokemon"? Are we playing the same series?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom