• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've noticed that trend too but in Cubone's case it seemed like every single request that day was unreasonable like that.

I have another question about the GTS: is there a way to filter results by which pokemon you're willing to offer? Does the system automatically match you up with someone who is requesting that pokemon if you put yours up for trade? I always have a hard time finding results that have been interesting to me because the order by which results appear is always jumbled so I have to sort through a million requests for Yveltal.

And I'm so relieved to know we get more boxes. Mine are nearly full so I was starting to worry.
Like already said, you can filter out requests for "special" Pokémon.
You also have the option to only display people requesting Pokémon you have registered in your dex.

In the wiki, there's a brief mention of someone in Kiloude giving you a special clothing item. Where is this guy? I talked to everyone i could find in the city, and no one said anything about clothes. Also, what should i be wearing to get him to give up the goods (I'm a boy, btw)?

In the wiki, there's a brief mention of someone in Kiloude giving you a special clothing item. Where is this guy? I talked to everyone i could find in the city, and no one said anything about clothes. Also, what should i be wearing to get him to give up the goods (I'm a boy, btw)?
The artist by the lake of water in the north with orange hair. You have to have a "Creative" style of clothing to get the item, which means that when you change clothes, the special effect will be this. She gives you a Pangoro hat.

Thanks. Somehow, i completely missed the guy up there. Also, I was able to match everything in your picture except the shirt, which i didn't have, but it must have still been good enough, cuz i got the hat. It looks kinda goofy, though. I wonder what the item he gives to female players looks like? Well, anyway, thanks for the help.

Thanks. Somehow, i completely missed the guy up there. Also, I was able to match everything in your picture except the shirt, which i didn't have, but it must have still been good enough, cuz i got the hat. It looks kinda goofy, though. I wonder what the item he gives to female players looks like? Well, anyway, thanks for the help.
Glad to help! :) I think that it's the same. It seems like it's meant for both genders. Let me go check with someone else.

The item she gives to female players is a Slurpuff Dress.
w05a.png

Easily my favorite dress in the game, lol.

I love the Slurpuff dress. :D And she asks female players to look especially girly. I was hoping she would continue to give out different clothing items. And I wish I could get the pangoro hat too.

Has there been a change in the way Legendary Pokémon work? I knocked out Articuno in the Sea Spirit's Den, and then I beat the Elite Four again because I assumed that would make it regenerate. It's not in the Sea Spirit's Den and it's not showing up on my PokéDex (having an "unknown location"). Is it gone forever?

Breeding and Masuda's method

Hello there, pokemon breeders,

Sooo, I'm new to all this stuff of breeding for shinies, and I saw some videos/read some materials about how easier it is to get a shiny pokemon by breeding if one of the parents is a foreign pokemon. Now, before gen VI, different countries (specially if the language was different between them) had different cartridges, since each cartridge only had one language as its option. Now, we kinda have a unified image of the game, although the language needs to be defined in the beginning of the game and it is impossible to be changed after that.

Well, my question here really is: what exactly is the definition of a foreign pokemon?

For example, I have a friend that lives in Brazil, and while she was visiting me in Canada, she bought a 3ds and a copy of pokemon x (then, her cartridge is a canadian, like mine). Even though she speaks english very well, she wanted to try the game in spanish, just because she wants to practice a third language. Anyways, after trading a pokemon with her, the traded pokemon came to my game with the little tag "spa" on the top, meaning that is a pokemon from a game being played in spanish. So, theoretically speaking, can this pokemon be seen as a foreign one in my game just because of the language tag?? Or the place where she bought the cartridge and 3ds system is more important in this case?

PS: She also set her 3ds region as Brazil before starting the game, so her character is from there within the game.

Can someone tell me if you can catch a Gligar/Gliscor in Pokemon Y, if so, where?

What is a beneficial nature? I don't mean a definition of that term, but how is it determined? Is it by each Pokemon individually or by type or something else?I was looking up what I should do with some of my Pokemon now that they are nearing level 100 & I read that some of the IVs that a Pokemon has are based upon beneficial natures.
My guess is that they mean the best nature for each pokemon. If that is the case, what do people do - memorize 700 some bits of info just for this one aspect of the game? Keep a list nearby when battling? Ignore? Wing it?

Can someone tell me if you can catch a Gligar/Gliscor in Pokemon Y, if so, where?

According to Gligar's page, it can be found in Hordes on Route 19.

What is a beneficial nature? I don't mean a definition of that term, but how is it determined? Is it by each Pokemon individually or by type or something else?I was looking up what I should do with some of my Pokemon now that they are nearing level 100 & I read that some of the IVs that a Pokemon has are based upon beneficial natures.
My guess is that they mean the best nature for each pokemon. If that is the case, what do people do - memorize 700 some bits of info just for this one aspect of the game? Keep a list nearby when battling? Ignore? Wing it?

When people say "beneficial nature", they are usually referring to how it affects a specific stat. For example, Adamant raises Attack and lowers Special Attack, so it's a beneficial nature for Attack.

Why don't you just breed with a Klefki?

I don't think that Klefki gives spikes to Froslass. Bulbapedia and Serebii doesn't list it doing that.

Since both Klefki and the Snorunt line are in the same egg group, it should be able to. Bulbapedia and Serebii likely don't mention it simply because they're still in the process of updating.

Like already said, you can filter out requests for "special" Pokémon.
You also have the option to only display people requesting Pokémon you have registered in your dex.

I know that, that's not what I was asking about.

I was asking about a feature that worked like this: you want a Caterpie and have a spare Weedle, so you search for Caterpie and then get a filter that lets you look for people who want Weedle in return only.

Also, the Pokemon registered in my dex thing doesn't really work well. Sometimes it makes people who are requesting Pokemon I do have disappear from the list.

Thanks, though.

Since nature has an effect on their stats, a beneficial nature is one that boosts up whichever stats are most useful for that pokemon. I don't know if anyone memorizes it for each pokemon. I assume people just calculate what strategy would be best for a pokemon and what nature works best for that strategy. Someone who was really into competitive battling would probably memorize it for some pokemon after a while though.

When I'm looking for what nature is most beneficial, I google it. I try to stick with Pokemon X & Y search results since from what I understand, some things were slightly different in previous games. If I can't find any hits for X & Y, I look for older results for different gens and try to see what nature is most commonly listed and the reasoning behind that.

Re: Breeding and Masuda's method

Well, my question here really is: what exactly is the definition of a foreign pokemon?

For example, I have a friend that lives in Brazil, and while she was visiting me in Canada, she bought a 3ds and a copy of pokemon x (then, her cartridge is a canadian, like mine). Even though she speaks english very well, she wanted to try the game in spanish, just because she wants to practice a third language. Anyways, after trading a pokemon with her, the traded pokemon came to my game with the little tag "spa" on the top, meaning that is a pokemon from a game being played in spanish. So, theoretically speaking, can this pokemon be seen as a foreign one in my game just because of the language tag?? Or the place where she bought the cartridge and 3ds system is more important in this case?

It counts as foreign. There's also JPN, KOR, FRE and GER. Wonder trade will get you whatever you need sooner or later. I think it's determined by the language selection at the beginning.

Edit: Forgot ITA!

Last edited:

A beneficial nature for a Pokemon is more or less determined by their base stats and their role in the team. For example, an Alakazam would tend to have either a Timid (+Speed) or Modest (+Sp. Atk) nature because it has high Speed and uses special attacks to do damage (since it has high Sp. Atk). Both of those natures are (-Atk), and those natures work for Alakazam because you wouldn't be investing any Attack EVs or use physical moves with it. Vice versa, you wouldn't want it to have an Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk) or Brave (+Atk, -Speed) because it is a poor physical attacker and such natures would hamper its strengths.

When battling against someone, you don't memorize natures in the sense that you'd account for every possible nature the opponent may have. Using the same Pokemon: if you're facing against an Alakazam it'd be in your best interest to assume that it either has a +Speed or +Sp. Atk nature because it'd be trying its hardest to attack you quickly and strongly. You assume that your opponent can do the most damage so that when their Pokemon is less than optimal it gives you a slight edge on the battle.

An example of multiple beneficial natures would be Politoed. Depending on how you want it to function on your team would decide what natures would be most beneficial to it.

Two simple questions I have here! I apologize if they've been asked already...this would be when I play my "I'm new" card :p

-So in between the first two badges, the character makes a visit to the Parfum Palace, where (s)he, aided by Shauna, helps find the owner's Furfrou. After successfully doing so, the owner arranges a fireworks show in celebration. The following cutscene is possibly the most romantic I've seen in a Pokemon game and is mildly awkward (in my own opinion, at least). My question is: Is the scene any different if the female playable character is used? I've always wondered xD

Other question: I'm working on training a Haunter with intentions to trade him and trade him back for the purposes of evolving a Gengar. Problem is I've been doing the Pokemon-Amie thing with him (along with my other Pokemon); it didn't occur to me that it's possible that that "friendliness" stat may be reset upon trading. Is that, in fact, the case?

If anyone knows the answer to either of these questions and would be willing to let me know, that would be delightful. Thanks :-D

Other question: I'm working on training a Haunter with intentions to trade him and trade him back for the purposes of evolving a Gengar. Problem is I've been doing the Pokemon-Amie thing with him (along with my other Pokemon); it didn't occur to me that it's possible that that "friendliness" stat may be reset upon trading. Is that, in fact, the case?

If anyone knows the answer to either of these questions and would be willing to let me know, that would be delightful. Thanks :-D

Some people posted on the internet that their traded mons didn't lose their affections.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom