• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I need a little advice on my Yellow team.

I currently have Pikachu (27), Charmeleon (24), Ivysaur (22), Wartortle (17), and Butterfree (24)
I plan on catching a Drowsee at some point and I'm debating on whether or not to add a Snorlax to my team and swap it out with Ivysaur or Butterfree. Also what's a good way to level up in these games? I mean I like that' it's more challenging to level up in the older games but at the same time I don't want to be 10 levels lower than the gym leader ^^' I know that Sabrina's at level 50 and I just got finished struggling to take down Surge's Raichu ^^'
Any advice?

As far as if you manage to catch Snorlax, I would suggest replacing Butterfree with it. In Generation 1, there isn't really much Butterfree can bring to the table that Ivysaur and a Psychic-type like Drowzee can't do better. (Also, special tip, Ivysaur can learn Toxic and Leech Seed, which make a lethal health-draining combo in Gen 1.)

As for leveling, Gen. 1 is hard to do it in. Your best bet is to find the highest-level wild Pokémon you can and just grind levels.

I caught a Drowzee and I'll probably put Butterfree in the PC now since I was mainly using it for Confusion and Sleep Powder, but since Drowzee knows Confusion and Hypnosis there's really no point in having Butterfree for now. I know Snorlax will be a pain to catch but at least there are 2 of them so I get 2 chances ^^'

Now I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether to try to catch Snorlax or a Dratini in the Safari Zone. They're both powerful but more than likely I won't have the patience to raise Dratini all the way to Dragonite before the Elite 4. On FireRed my Dragonair is only at lv 48 and I haven't even entered Victory Road yet.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Is Cubone supposed to be rare or something? I find lots of them in my game but the other day while checking the GTS for a shiny, I saw non-shinies up for trade with requests for legendary and other rare pokémon.

Is Cubone supposed to be rare or something? I find lots of them in my game but the other day while checking the GTS for a shiny, I saw non-shinies up for trade with requests for legendary and other rare pokémon.

Nah. Search any Pokémon and you'll find a lot of people asking for rare Pokémon and legendaries in return.

I caught this shiny Pokemon but I spelled my trainer name wrong. So now on the information page my name is spelled wrong and it's annoying and giving me OCD. Is there any way I can change it?

I caught this shiny Pokemon but I spelled my trainer name wrong. So now on the information page my name is spelled wrong and it's annoying and giving me OCD. Is there any way I can change it?
Your trainer name is set once you've entered it. The only way would be to use a cheating device to change it Im afraid.

How many boxes are their available in total on Pokemon X and Y? I currently have 7 or 8. I'm guessing you may get more once you fill them up?

Also a quick question ... why DO some people want legendaries for simple pokemon?

How many boxes are their available in total on Pokemon X and Y? I currently have 7 or 8. I'm guessing you may get more once you fill them up?

Also a quick question ... why DO some people want legendaries for simple pokemon?
If I recall, you get 31 total boxes.

as for the GTS thing, they're likely doing that to be annoying or something, I dont think many of them really expect people to trade their legendaries for common Pokemon, thats just my opinion though.

Thankfully we can filter out those requests when we input what POkemon we want under the settings, so that's useful. UNFORTUNATELY it doesn't work for Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres (apparently they aren't "special" Pokemon even though only 1 of the 3 will be counted for your regional dex).

Can anyone confirm if the language selection allows for Masuda Method abuse? I restarted my Y in Spanish, so I'm wondering if that means I can now Masuda Method on that. It's a EUR cart so I don't see why not.

My LV41 Lillipup somehow picked up an Ether in Pokémon White (not 2)

I was in the outside part of Pinwheel Forest, conducted a battle then checked my LV41 Lillipup, and it somehow picked up an Ether (not Max Ether) :goof:, even through many sources said Ether cannot be found via Pickup. Am I the only one getting this? :dead:

And I am playing White, not White 2. :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've noticed that trend too but in Cubone's case it seemed like every single request that day was unreasonable like that.

I have another question about the GTS: is there a way to filter results by which pokemon you're willing to offer? Does the system automatically match you up with someone who is requesting that pokemon if you put yours up for trade? I always have a hard time finding results that have been interesting to me because the order by which results appear is always jumbled so I have to sort through a million requests for Yveltal.

And I'm so relieved to know we get more boxes. Mine are nearly full so I was starting to worry.

Is there a new berry available in Pokémon X and Y that weakens a foe's super effective Fairy type move? Scrafty now has a 4x weakness to Fairy type moves so I would like it to survive at least one hit of a Fairy type move if I use it in a Generation VI battle by making it hold this berry if it does exist.

Is there a new berry available in Pokémon X and Y that weakens a foe's super effective Fairy type move? Scrafty now has a 4x weakness to Fairy type moves so I would like it to survive at least one hit of a Fairy type move if I use it in a Generation VI battle by making it hold this berry if it does exist.

Yep, it's called the Roseli Berry. It's located at Route 14 by a Roseli Berry tree. I don't remember exactly where, but it should be there somewhere.

How does Deerling/Sawsbuck work now? Every one I see is constantly in its Spring form. Is there somewhere you can take it or an item that'll change it, or is there no way to get the other forms?

Pokemon Natures and Characteristics

LOOKING FOR HELP WITH NATURES AND CHARACTERISTICS
:dizzy:
I have an Pokemon w/ Impish nature( + DEF) (- Sp.Atk) and a Mischievous characteristic (+ Sp.Atk).
Does the character out weigh the nature giving the Pokemon a + to Sp.Atk?:dizzy:

How does Deerling/Sawsbuck work now? Every one I see is constantly in its Spring form. Is there somewhere you can take it or an item that'll change it, or is there no way to get the other forms?

Have you tried having it battle in the different regions of Kalos? Such as making it battle in the snowy areas to change it to it's Winter form?

Have you tried having it battle in the different regions of Kalos? Such as making it battle in the snowy areas to change it to it's Winter form?
I've tried. There doesn't seem to be a way of changing Deerling/Sawsbuck forms at the moment.

That really does suck. Isn't it tuned in to the 3DS clock? The Pokedex registers the form as "Spring" so they haven't done away with them.

Re: Pokemon Natures and Characteristics

LOOKING FOR HELP WITH NATURES AND CHARACTERISTICS
:dizzy:
I have an Pokemon w/ Impish nature( + DEF) (- Sp.Atk) and a Mischievous characteristic (+ Sp.Atk).
Does the character out weigh the nature giving the Pokemon a + to Sp.Atk?:dizzy:

Not quite. Characteristics indicate which stat's IVs are the highest. So your Pokémon having a mischievous characteristic would have it's Sp. Attack as the highest IV (although it could be tied).

Natures, on the other hand, are multipliers to each stat that apply after base stats, EVs, and IVs have been factored in. See this page for more info on how the calculation works.

I figured they'd do that too (with the 3DS clock) but it's Fall now and all the forms are still Spring.
(and it suck Springs seems to be the default, it's really my least favorite form)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom