• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I am new here. I follow the pokemon tv series as well as play the games.
anyway I was just doing some random calculating and for the tv series it takes ash approximately 9 weeks (9 episodes) between gym battles. give or take a week or 2.
so with that calculation ash should have his 8th gym badge around dec 12th 2015. so give him like another 9 weeks (9 episodes) for the pokemon league and he should be done with the whole x,y series by feb 2016. which means the new generation game will prolly come out jan, feb, or march 2016 which is between 8 and 10 months from now. so they should be announcing the new gen pretty soon actually.
The issue is that there is a precedent for the anime ending the badge qeust early and going on to focus on other things. This happened in gen 3 and again in gen 5.

Yeah, an anime series can easily be extended with including another arc or two like what happened with AG and BW. I wouldn't necessarily take how long it could take for Ash to get the rest of his badges as an indication as to how long a current generation will last because of how they can make the series longer if needed.

Yeah, an anime series can easily be extended with including another arc or two like what happened with AG and BW. I wouldn't necessarily take how long it could take for Ash to get the rest of his badges as an indication as to how long a current generation will last because of how they can make the series longer if needed.

i completly agree that they can extend or shorten the anime as they please. i was just randomly giving a rough estimate as to when gen 7 would be out. with all that being said gen 7 will most definetly be out in 2016, whether its early 2016 or later in the year. the real question is will there be another game before then. (x2,y2 z, diamond,pearl remakes.)

i completly agree that they can extend or shorten the anime as they please. i was just randomly giving a rough estimate as to when gen 7 would be out. with all that being said gen 7 will most definetly be out in 2016, whether its early 2016 or later in the year. the real question is will there be another game before then. (x2,y2 z, diamond,pearl remakes.)

It really depends on what their plans are for this year. If they do release a main series game this year, then it would be most likely the next Kalos game, whether it's a third version, sequels or something completely different. I can't see them remaking D/P this soon. I'm sure that they'll have remakes for those games eventually, but probably not until the next handheld comes out, especially if it doesn't support DS games. The only other remakes that I could see happening within this generation are Kanto remakes due to the 20th anniversary and even then, they might prefer to make brand new games set in Kanto rather than having two sets of remakes in one generation.

As far as the seventh generation goes, I can see it starting in 2016, but only if they have a new main series game come out this year. I highly doubt that they wouldn't have another game or two set in Kalos before moving onto a new generation. They might want to put a new generation on their newest handheld system instead of keeping it on the 3DS, so that could factor into when that generation starts too.

On one hand I really would like a new game to be announced this May!
On the other hand, I can totally understand why they would be taking a break.
I do hope they do something special for their 20th anniversary; It's not everyday that a game series reaches such a milestone while releasing so many games and still have a strong, loyal following like Pokemon does. Many game don't last as long or have barely or not even half of the games Pokemon has. This is just a huge deal. So a game would be a good way to celebrate that and maybe then take a break. The game could be Z, X2Y2, or something else entirely while maybe having a special post game story emphasizing on the anniversary part in some way.

I do hope they do something special for their 20th anniversary; It's not everyday that a game series reaches such a milestone while releasing so many games and still have a strong, loyal following like Pokemon does. Many game don't last as long or have barely or not even half of the games Pokemon has. This is just a huge deal. So a game would be a good way to celebrate that and maybe then take a break. The game could be Z, X2Y2, or something else entirely while maybe having a special post game story emphasizing on the anniversary part in some way.

Talking about new consoles already? Why? The New 3DS and XL just came out, are Ninendo really in need of releasing a new console? I mean, I remember consoles used to last longer.

Do you have any info or were you just speculating?

Talking about new consoles already? Why? The New 3DS and XL just came out, are Ninendo really in need of releasing a new console? I mean, I remember consoles used to last longer.

Where did you get "new console" from that post?

Anyway, Nintendo has already hinted towards a future console codenamed NX. We don't know when it's releasing, but we do know that it'll be shown off in 2016, which implies that it's going to release in either 2016 or 2017. And no, it's not too early for a new console. New 3DS is a stopgap console, much like the DSi. They don't have to wait another 4 years to replace it. 5 or 6 years is fine for the 3DS' lifespan.

First Details of Nintendo's Next System, the 'NX' - GameSpot

Anyway, Nintendo has already hinted towards a future console codenamed NX. We don't know when it's releasing, but we do know that it'll be shown off in 2016, which implies that it's going to release in either 2016 or 2017. And no, it's not too early for a new console. New 3DS is a stopgap console, much like the DSi. They don't have to wait another 4 years to replace it. 5 or 6 years is fine for the 3DS' lifespan.

Sorry, didn´t answer the right message. My answer was for Hidden Mew, not for Nothia Blue.

I don´t know, it´s just I don´t feel the 3DS is done already. But 2017 is ok I guess.

If it really is a new console, I hope it isn't too expensive ):

Nintendo is usually good about there price points so I'm not worried about price. Though I still think it feels a little early, maybe it won't once it comes out in 2017.

I'm mainly worried about the power of the thing. Nowadays, ARM processors are cheap. Seriously cheap. Like, 10-20$ for a seriously powerful chip cheap. Coupled with how cheap displays have gotten, there's be absolutely no reason not to have at least a 720p display at a larger size relative to the chassis, powered by a much more powerful processor and graphics chip behind it. Look at smartphones. Now look at the 3DS. The 3DS never made sense with its horrid internals and 240p screen.

So here's a pretty interesting piece of news.

A video started floating around tonight. It's apparently a leaked intro for Spike TV's pre-E3 show. It's a just bunch of names with flashy animations and a lot them aren't too surprising (Miyamoto, Kojima, Gabe Newell, et al). They're either celebrities or industry veterans that you'd expect to hear from at any given E3. However, among the names is Satoshi Tajiri. As I'm sure many of you know, Tajiri is not at all known for making appearances.

Of course the video could be completely fake and it's also been suggested that many of these names could be random placeholders for testing purposes and the like, but it's still interesting nonetheless. Will E3 be the announcement of our 20th anniversary project?

Already brought it up mate. ;)
But yeah, I think its a solid lead, considering the context of the rumor. Its an unfinished OP being used as an example for a tutorial of the program used to make it. Placeholder names could be possible, but I would be damned if they randomly chose someone who hasn't been active for over a decade.

Already brought it up mate. ;)
But yeah, I think its a solid lead, considering the context of the rumor. Its an unfinished OP being used as an example for a tutorial of the program used to make it. Placeholder names could be possible, but I would be damned if they randomly chose someone who hasn't been active for over a decade.

Hah. I didn't even realize there was a GAF thread on it as of yesterday, so I didn't bother going back a page to see if it was old news. My apologies! The rumor started gaining new life after GoNintendo and other outlets picked it up tonight, but hardly anyone is pointing out Tajiri's name.

I'm finding this rumor incredibly interesting because the timing is just way, way too perfect. Like you said, he's far from being a regular public figure.

Another thibg is that placeholders seem to go out the window when you get the whole picture. This was made with a tight deadline, and it was finished at the last minute. This means the product, or the sequence, is very much final. I definitely think that while Tajiri showng up for the 20th is something of a given, I wouldn't expect him on a Pre E3 show unless its to unveil something or warm up the audience to a huge anniversary blowout.

I really don't get why people are anti Kanto? Yes XY had some elements in but we've not played through the main story for over 11 years!!! It's the only main region you can't play through on the 3DS (not HGSS Kanto does not count!) and it's the games that launched the whole franchise, of which the 20th anniversary is coming up. The creator of these games who hasn't been around for a similar decade is now showing his face to make a big announcement at a big event and people are like

"Um.. Gen 7 maybe???"

Which also brings me onto why do people seem to want Gen 6 to end so early?

FRLG and Emerald came out very close together in Japan, I think 6 months apart.
I believe this gen will also have a Gen 1 remake and the current Gen 3rd installment in 2016, as a big celebration of 20 years.

As there's only 2 game slots available in the code, I think we could be seeing a yellow remake (to tie the anime in) as a celebration for all the fans of the franchise, and then finally after that, a simple 3rd installment, Pokemon Z

I really don't get why people are anti Kanto? Yes XY had some elements in but we've not played through the main story for over 11 years!!

I don't understand why the people who are pro Kanto consider this a good reason? It might have been 11 years, but we've still played through the main story twice now, we don't need to do it a third time. Especially when things like picking a Kanto starter, the legendary birds to catch, Mewtwo in a cave, Viridian Forest, needing a PokeFlute for Snorlax and whatever else I'm forgetting were already in XY. We even had Pokemon Origins - an anime based on the games - when XY launched. I don't know how drawn out Kanto fans want it to be? I don't care if it is 11 years, it makes no difference to how much repetitiveness there would be going back and playing it again after all the exposure its had.

If we are going back then I want to see big changes to Kanto + its characters, preferably due to a time skip where lots of things have changed. I don't want to be replaying R/B/FR/LG for the third time just with different graphics.

Also I'm taking that video with the names with a huge grain of salt. I don't expect anything to come of it.

I really don't get why people are anti Kanto? Yes XY had some elements in but we've not played through the main story for over 11 years!!

I don't understand why the people who are pro Kanto consider this a good reason? It might have been 11 years, but we've still played through the main story twice now, we don't need to do it a third time. Especially when things like picking a Kanto starter, the legendary birds to catch, Mewtwo in a cave, Viridian Forest, needing a PokeFlute for Snorlax and whatever else I'm forgetting were already in XY. We even had Pokemon Origins - an anime based on the games - when XY launched. I don't know how drawn out Kanto fans want it to be? I don't care if it is 11 years, it makes no difference to how much repetitiveness there would be going back and playing it again after all the exposure its had.

If we are going back then I want to see big changes to Kanto + its characters, preferably due to a time skip where lots of things have changed. I don't want to be replaying R/B/FR/LG for the third time just with different graphics.

Also I'm taking that video with the names with a huge grain of salt. I don't expect anything to come of it.

Completely agree. Kanto is the smallest region as of number of cities and towns, etc.

I would much prefer an other Hoenn game (quite unlikely to be the next project though), an other Kalos set of games or Sinnoh remakes/new games (Sinnoh is the region I played the least and its my second favourite so even remakes are ok for me). Kanto is Ok. Personally, I like all the regions but Kanto is my n5 rfavourite region. I think a game set in Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos or a new region is a better Idea.

If the game is gonna be a Kanto based one, I´d be glad if it was more Yellow- based, rather than Blue or Red. Or a whole new game with a different Kanto. Bigger, and changed, like BW2...

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows, this year's E3 is a digital event, exactly like last year's. And remember, if the rumour about Satoshi Tajiri appearing before E3 was true, then they would've had a big announcement on the Official Pokémon website about it. So pretty much... I have to debunk the rumour, sorry.

I'm not exactly sure if Junichi Masuda is now CEO of Game Freak, or if Satoshi Tajiri is still CEO. 'Cause I know Satoshi Tajiri hasn't been involved in any of the games' development since 2009 with HeartGold and SoulSilver. The last game he directed was Pokémon Platinum, if I remember correctly.

If we're to get some huge announcement of a new Pokémon games, whenever it's a Generation VII acting like Generation II in story-wise or X/Y sequels, it would be more likely to happen well after E3 2015. I'd assume it would be announced sometime around July or August.

You're right, we don't HAVE to, but if enough people want to, at the end of the day I don't think they care about the few that don't want to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom