• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia: Day 8 - American Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chaos Mafia: Day 1 - Revenge of the Killer Bunny

He was recently in a Mafia game that allowed PMs, so that does check out.

However, I'm watching you, Rabbit.

Barney2.gif

I feel like people are just throwing around silly reasons right now. That being said, I do think it would be smart to pressure someone by tossing a few votes on them to lynch to get them to talk a bit. So far we have a vote on... foreign characters person and Life. I don't see any reason whatsoever for foreign characters person, and flimsy reasoning for Life.

That being said, flimsy reasoning is better than no reasoning, so... Vote: Life

Yay random voting bandwagons!

I hate random voting bandwagon so Vote: TheProtobabe

I'm still reading the thread so bear with me.

About nameclaiming, the one thing I worry about is that somebody will slip up and accidentally break a rule. Like, saying they trust something because they picked that character and they know them well or something and inadvertently getting modkilled. xy mafia has made me scared of modkills However, it could be useful in thinking about abilities at least, so I'd be in favor of it.
Rule-breaking results in a warning before a modkill, except for extreme circumstances.
can we itemclaim too BTW @Flopunny;?
Yes
By the way, roles "based on characters" are often "loosely based" because in most instances I only had the wiki to work on.

Where are you getting there being an indep from? did I miss something??
Read the opening post please.
and I didn't vote as I'm not ready to scum hunt yet.
plus an OMGUS would be pointless at an early stage like this.
While your exchange with Kyriaki felt okay before, this post is somewhat strange.
"I'm not ready to scumhunt yet" is something scum would say.

Also, you pretty much admit that you would OMGUS voted Kyriaki but you won't do it... because it would be scummy if you did? That's my guess.

Next up, @Archmage Dragelsnart; and @Momoka; I feel like your posts so far have only been commentary, do you have something more substantial to add?

Plus at least one of the submitted characters was removed and replaced with a Flopunny character.
I don't think so, the Flopunny character was only around for flavor, the host felt like adding it.
It doesn’t even correspond to a player.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I don't want a cleared townie to gather claims, because I don't see why the town should trust anyone who just pops up and declares that they've been Copchecked. Rather, the Cop should check people and gather claims at his/her discretion, which will take a fair deal longer than two Days to get to massclaim levels. Also, the claims should be shared with those who are both checked town and prove trustworthy, considering the potential presence of a Godfather, in case the Cop dies.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing it out.
It's a title of a PM of mine from a previous game that got there somehow.
A potential way it got there is that you picked the "Go Advanced" button and accidentally changed the post title while using the advanced editor.
All PM names you have ever used show up as options you can use for your post title.

It's a title of a PM of mine from a previous game that got there somehow.
A potential way it got there is that you picked the "Go Advanced" button and accidentally changed the post title while using the advanced editor.
All PM names you have ever used show up as options you can use for your post title.

You can actually fix that by clearing your form history.

If you use Firefox, go to History, Clear Recent History, and in the drop down select everything then unselect everything in the more area and only select Form and Search history.

I had this problem in the RMafia, where Firefox started mixing up old posts with the one I was trying to quote. Don't know why it did that but clearing the form history worked.

Plus at least one of the submitted characters was removed and replaced with a Flopunny character.
I don't think so, the Flopunny character was only around for flavor, the host felt like adding it.
It doesn’t even correspond to a player.

I said a Flopunny character. As in, the opening post clearly states that any character could be replaced with an independent made by Flop instead of all the characters made by the players.

In otherwords, even if we all nameclaim right this second, there is no way of knowing if someone is lying because one of our characters could have been replaced by a character made by the host. Perhaps more than one.

@Zexy; Ah, my apologies. This is what I get for not reading the rules clearly, it seems.
@AussieEevee; I understand where you're coming from, but just because you don't see a resemblance between your role and character does not everybody else's is the same, thus why so many are against mass-name-claiming.

Atm, TheProtobabe is who I'm most suspicious of, as she seems very eager to vote/lynch someone.

@AussieEevee; I understand where you're coming from, but just because you don't see a resemblance between your role and character does not everybody else's is the same, thus why so many are against mass-name-claiming.

It's still irrelevant though, as if your character = his or her role, it's really no different to role claiming. It doesn't tell you what alignment they are.

I don't care either way. I just think those that are calling it anti-town are being silly. I'm not going to do any claiming right now.

Also, I promise you that there is no resemblance between my character and my role :)

My reads so far:

Protobabe have an aggresive playing patern, kinda same like me, so I wont call him suspicious. I like how he try to put some pressure vote, but call the pressure vote as a presure vote make me think he is actually newbie who play after read some guidance...

So his whole behaviour seems like a newbie player behaviour for me.... an aggresive one indeed but seems protown so far..

Zexy, I dont like how he try to 'push' 'mass claim' this early of the game. His logic seems valid though but indeed name claim seems useless imo for both mafia or town. Indept try to choose a victim? *please read my theory about possible an indept chara based on the first post please. I cant quote nicely on tapa*

AussieEevee, null read but he seems cauntion mostly because the pressure he get on RMafia game, imo.

Progress, say 'I trust you' too easilly... pls... hm.. but on an edited post... i think he just that naive and so far give strong town vibe,,, *sight*. I really hope you dont have too OP power and trust right people or you will harm us townies...

Yeah, right after I said that, I regretted it, I couldn't edit it out either, since it isn't allowed. I'm going to hope he's trustworthy.
I asked him if he had any target for my role, but I think I'm choosing myself.

Umm... you roleclaimed? What us going on?

Nothing to do, but since life is the most suspicious right now my vote remains. It shall change once I find someone scummy.

Ok, I have a read list for the first day.

Town
Froakie- I am getting a good vibe from her. Going by her meta if she usually mafia, she be inactive and will not even attempt to scumhunt (and will sub out) ut at the moment she doing the exact opposite. I have a good feeling about her.
TheProbabe- He seems very pro-town and is attempting to scumhunt even if it annoys other people. I dn't think he is a newbie as he must have had experience from somewhere else.

Null to town
Aussie Eevee
Lovandra

Null aka The Quiet Ones
Jackatlasred
Kyriaki
The_Pikachu
Momoka
Drumbeats
Soulmaster

Possible Mafia
Zexy- Well, I'm not too sure of this read, but she did put the silly idea of mass claiming.
MCH- He seems to be pushing for a mass claim and is very vocal in doing so, but he hasn't been doing much in the scum hunting part. I am especially suspicious of how vocal and determined he is for a massclaim when it is pointless and it will waste time for scum hunting.
Life- I am very suspicious of how defensive he got at Jack's vote and that really is scary. He also supported Mass name claiming possibly for him to find the cop for his buddies.
So I will Vote: MCH
For being quite vocal in mass claiming and being out of his usual quiet self (in mafia games)

In otherwords, even if we all nameclaim right this second, there is no way of knowing if someone is lying because one of our characters could have been replaced by a character made by the host. Perhaps more than one.
Oh right! Great point, can't believe I didn't notice this sooner :O
Atm, TheProtobabe is who I'm most suspicious of, as she seems very eager to vote/lynch someone.
Mafia isn't necessarily eager to lynch someone right away.
Chances are it will happen anyway so you can expect them to be more passive.

Yet TheProtobabe looks like a new player who could be acting like that if mafia.
My reads so far:

Protobabe have an aggresive playing patern, kinda same like me, so I wont call him suspicious. I like how he try to put some pressure vote, but call the pressure vote as a presure vote make me think he is actually newbie who play after read some guidance...

So his whole behaviour seems like a newbie player behaviour for me.... an aggresive one indeed but seems protown so far..
Not so sure; I can see the aggressive pattern but we have no way of knowing whether she plays like that as town or as mafia.
If she has played ever before in the first place.
Zexy, I dont like how he try to 'push' 'mass claim' this early of the game. His logic seems valid though but indeed name claim seems useless imo for both mafia or town. Indept try to choose a victim? *please read my theory about possible an indept chara based on the first post please. I cant quote nicely on tapa*
... what. Not all indeps have to pick victims. Indep isn't necessarily Serial Killer, remember that Survivors and Jesters are a thing too?
In any case, a non-Jester indep wouldn't really bother trying to get a massclaim, that would attract attention to them and most of the time they don't like it.
Yeah, right after I said that, I regretted it, I couldn't edit it out either, since it isn't allowed. I'm going to hope he's trustworthy.
I asked him if he had any target for my role, but I think I'm choosing myself.
So you did roleclaim to a male?
And you also think that male has information that he could share to you so you can pick targets for your role?

@Zexy; i though she roleclaimed to you... THen I am more lost than before. Also @swordmaster; called you a female, zexy is male, I believe. Could of been a simple mistake or something.

@Zexy; i though she roleclaimed to you... THen I am more lost than before. Also @swordmaster; called you a female, zexy is male, I believe. Could of been a simple mistake or something.
What did make you think of that?
yeah it could have been a mistake on Sword Master's part. But I was talking about progressforth saying they claimed to a male, and I'm pretty sure progressforth didn't make a mistake there.

What did make you think of that?
yeah it could have been a mistake on Sword Master's part. But I was talking about progressforth saying they claimed to a male, and I'm pretty sure progressforth didn't make a mistake there.

@Zexy;
That's what I thought at first, so I knew it'd rule out some people. Though, I think I'll name claim to you, I trust you.

This.

Oh yeah I just got the captain america shield, So captain america is a thing

oops I meant he that does happen a lot.
Also, does everyone agree with my reads?

Oops.

Well, since @progressforth; said that, I have to admit it.
I got progressforth's claim and tried to hide this from the mafia. But progressforth has already said that they claimed to me so...

Anyways, I'm neither revealing progressforth's nameclaim nor roleclaim. That would be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom