• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after Magiana, I have been toying with a crazy idea for a post league plot, as an anniversary celebration. Like Sevii, there is this new miniregion which is unrelated to any other place. Magiana is an event Pokemon, its event isn't directly related to the plot, however the miniregion is related to it. Basically, it would involve past characters, and introduce new ones. The games could be Gen 6.5 not because of the Pokemon, but because its a prologue to gen 7. Celebrating the past 20 years while closing one generation and opening the way for the next. The evil team, or members in disguise could be introduced, and maybe some key character. Would be new, shocking, and a great incentive to hook people on.

I think ORAS left no justifications for an Emerald game.

A Hoenn revisit, unrelated to Emerald, is more viable. But again, it doesn't make sense after ORAS, which represented Hoenn fantastically well already.

A Kalos game, or a Kanto game are the only viable options for the Anniversary imo.

Likely a Kalos game as Zygarde has been getting attention by appearing in anime series, getting new forms and having new forms in certain spin-off games. Kanto I believe would happen much later in the future. Kanto had appear in RBY, GSC, FRLG and HGSS which is four times in a row. XY basically had everything that a Kanto game could of had from legendary birds, Mewtwo, starters, Lapras handed to you, areas like Santalune Forest which is similar to Kanto areas, etc. Kanto can happen but for now, I think Kalos needs an update for Zygarde, story, post game, etc.

Last edited:
I have a funny feeling that they might name it "Mageana" when it's announced tomorrow on the official Pokémon website. They seem to always change the "i" into an "e" when localizing most Mythical Pokémon. It would make sense, 'cause part of the name is made of "gear" in it.

I could care less how they decide to call it, they just need to reveal the next game soon xDDDD

Also, Mageana is a good name.

Last edited:
I personally like Machiana the best, but that's just me. Though Magearana is alright.

Random thought of the day:
Every unreleaswd Gen 6 forme, Volcanion, and Mgiana have red, blue, or both as a part of their design.

Edit: So either Pokemon House has been severely diminished in its role, ir they are saving it for later. What I'm talking about, is Magiana. Zoroark was in the February isssue of CoroCoro, which also came on a Monday, and even PokeSun had its reveal, in the exact same timespan. Last night there was no preciew for any sort of reveal. Interesting...

Last edited:
Random thought of the day:
Every unreleaswd Gen 6 forme, Volcanion, and Mgiana have red, blue, or both as a part of their design.

What if... Every other unannounced form(e), Mega Evolution, and potentially new Pokemon for the next game has red and/or blue in their design for the 20th anniversary?

Is Pokemon House the new name of the show that was once called Pokemon Smash?

Seriously the name changes so much I can't keep up. And if so yeah, I think they've been downgraded, can't remember the last time they actually broke news. THink it was HeartGold Soul Silver, maybe someone can remind me if they broke the news about Black White, or any new mons?

Is Pokemon House the new name of the show that was once called Pokemon Smash?

Seriously the name changes so much I can't keep up. And if so yeah, I think they've been downgraded, can't remember the last time they actually broke news. THink it was HeartGold Soul Silver, maybe someone can remind me if they broke the news about Black White, or any new mons?

I can't be too sure about their last info dump, but yes, Meet Up at the Pokémon House? is apparently the name of the show that succeeds Pokémon Get☆TV (the show that came after Pokémon Smash).

Pokemon smash was the gen 5 show, which had broke news about B2W2, and Pokemon Sunday which procedes that had news about BW like the starters and various other stuff. Get TV had the notriously overhyped ORAS footage of Groudon and Kyogre, and I think that's it. But usually, the variety show does cover major news when needed, which is why I find it off that its not doing its own Magiana reveal. The first trailers usuallu come in the next upcoming weeks through Oho Suta, but thsts seprate and they aren't a Pokemon affiliated show in the least bit.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about that show myself. And oddly still, both Masuda and the Japanese Pokemon Twitter have all kept quiet about it as well. They all probably won't be saying anything until after the CoroCoro magazine itself is released on Monday, but regardless surely they know the Internet has been flipping its shit about the early leaks.

This is probably a stretch... honestly I don't know... but I'm wondering if they're going to give us a big clusterfuck of information within the next couple days; a game announcement, Magiana stats, game trailer, and new movie info.

I dunno about an info dump for everything in the next days, but it would be highly suspicious if the only things in the upcoming week is just a site updae and reveal of Magiana and then Radio Silence.

Maybe the trailer's not ready yet, lol.

Seriously, though, I'm leaning towards Pokémon Day revealing something related to Magiana (almost wrote Diancie there, shows you how much I know) or the franchise's future. If not, then I'm okay with just the celebrations for now.

I'm so looking forward to the next Pokémon games, however despite it being so amazing, there seems to be a catch; the west could be getting it four months after release in Japan. However South Korea could end up getting it two weeks after it's release in Japan. This will mean it's a step backwards in regards to the gap between Japanese release and international releases, meaning the gap is big again.

But we'll see what happens on Pokémon Day. But I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up about a simultaneous global release date for Pokémon 7, they could've gone back to their traditional ways of localizing games, creating a huge gap between releases once again. Remember, Pokémon games have gone backwards in the gap between Japanese and international releases before in the past. Take a look at Ruby and Sapphire for instance, it had a shorter gap than Crystal did. And then along came FireRed and LeafGreen which had a longer gap (which was 7 then 6 months with later games) which remained until Black 2 and White 2's release (which was 3 months apart). And how did I figure this out? The Pokémon Anime of course! It has a much wider gap between Japanese airing and international airing than the previous season.

Anyways, not long now. Mageana/Magiana should be revealed on the official Pokémon website in a few hours (possibly 8 or 9 hours from now).

I'm so looking forward to the next Pokémon games, however despite it being so amazing, there seems to be a catch; the west could be getting it four months after release in Japan. However South Korea could end up getting it two weeks after it's release in Japan. This will mean it's a step backwards in regards to the gap between Japanese release and international releases, meaning the gap is big again.
Hold the phone. Where did you hear this?

But we'll see what happens on Pokémon Day. But I certainly wouldn't get my hopes up about a simultaneous global release date for Pokémon 7, they could've gone back to their traditional ways of localizing games, creating a huge gap between releases once again. Remember, Pokémon games have gone backwards in the gap between Japanese and international releases before in the past. Take a look at Ruby and Sapphire for instance, it had a shorter gap than Crystal did. And then along came FireRed and LeafGreen which had a longer gap (which was 7 then 6 months with later games) which remained until Black 2 and White 2's release (which was 3 months apart). And how did I figure this out? The Pokémon Anime of course! It has a much wider gap between Japanese airing and international airing than the previous season.

Anyways, not long now. Mageana/Magiana should be revealed on the official Pokémon website in a few hours (possibly 8 or 9 hours from now).
I love your predictions. Keep it up xDDDDD

Hold the phone. Where did you hear this?

I was just gonna say something......lol It makes no sense what @Platinum Lucario is saying. First they're aren't going back to the staggered releases...never again. They've said multiple times that they enjoy having the games come out in every country closer together and it's unlikely that they'd change it back. The largest gap we'll likely ever see from now on is a couple of weeks unless something happens and they HAVE to release them more separately, but even then I'd expect that would only be a month difference. Second I'm not sure you can make comparisons to the old games releases because they've never made as big of a deal about them in the past. Before it was just a thing that happened, but now they've specifically said this is how they'd like to release Pokemon games. All I'm saying is it's unlikely we'll ever see the large gaps we once had.

Anyway........I too am looking forward to the likely official release of Magiana today. I hope we get more than just a movie trailer tho.......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom