• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Murder, She Wrote 2: Endgame: The Rescue and the convict

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Elieson thats exactly what I just said, except slightly more drawn out.
Basically, given the fact that setup pretty much confirms one scum, Kakashi and Piko lying to cover each other as scum makes 0 sense here.

The only possible explanation is that Kakashi is the allignment cop, Piko is a tracker, and Zexy is scum.

Apologies for being 'cryptic', just straying way away from outright c/p'ing my role PM.

All I know is, I randomly picked Pikochu for a result, since I was the main target day one and I didnt really see how anybody else would be suspicios to myself.

But Anywho, basically, Pikochu did not act suspiciously last night.

Well some people are gonna get in here and say "why the hell are people saying do this or do that"

I just answered their question for them, in advance, so as to reduce clutter and maintain my position as the Poster with the Moster

Also, to quote myself from D1

135d4bfeacc12e50faed7dd615dd9f04.png

The multiple scum theories are meh.
Pikochu having some sort of investigation-immune kills is more likely.
Dunno if we should call it Godfather or Ninja, but I think he can choose between that and Strongman at least.

Godfather for one scum in the game is too OP.
Your theory is rejected and Substituted with my own.
There's only one scum and they should have a way to protect against the power role team town has.
I said pick between, not permanent modifiers.

Endgame

With the dawn of the second day, it became clear of what action the survivors should take. Someone had seen Greg get murdered last night, and they rallied the survivors against the murderer.

Dear Zexy,

You are Jason Smith.

When you were 20, Jason was convicted for a crime he did not commit. The evidence was circumstantial at best, and probably most of it was fabricated. As such, he spent the last 7 years in jail.

Jail changed him. What was once a fun loving and caring, compassionate youth is gone. In its place is a cold and calculating monster who believes the world owes him.

In a discussion with the Captain, Jason snapped and killed him. With no one to steer the boat, it crashed onto the island.

You are the Murderer. At night, you may choose ONE of the following powers and PM it to the host

Stab - If you PM this command and a player's name to the host, you will attempt to murder that player.

Plant Evidence - You can PM this command with a player's name to the host, and you will plant evidence in their stuff that will cause them to show up as suspicious in a cop check.

Go for a swim - Why not PM this command to the host and go for a swim to cool off? While you are swimming, you are immune to all other powers, but you can not post during the night.

Distract - You can PM this command to the host along with a player's name, and that player will be unable to post for half of the following day phase.

Roleplay suggestion: Jason is cold and calculating. I suggest you maintain a serious composure at all times.

You are the murderer and win when you are the last one left on the island.
Zexy has been brought to justice. He was Jason Smith, The murderer

The remaining survivors rejoiced that the deaths of the Captain and Chef did not go unavenged.

They were feeling rather weak and hungry by the time the rescue boat arrived, but they all survived.

Dear Pikochu,

You are Ashley Snow. It is Ashley's 20th birthday! Happy Birthday, Ash!

To celebrate the end of her teenage years, Ashley was on a cruise that obviously went horribly wrong.

When the ship crashed, Ashley used the survival training she learned from her several years in the Scouts. She has most of the badges.

You are the Town Scout. At night, you may PM the name of a player and you will follow that player and observe who they visit.

You are a survivor and win when the murderer has been discovered.

Dear Kakashi Hatake,

You are Hikari Yamada. Hikari, who prefers to go by the name "Kari", is a young constable from Tokyo. She has a heart of gold, and joined the force to help protect people.

Even though she is 19, Hikari has a love for Pokemon.

You are the Town Inspector. At night, you may PM the host a players name, and you will check that player for suspicious activity.

Roleplay suggestion: Hikari has been playing Pokemon for the last ten years, and enjoys Pokemon Memes. I suggest including Pokemon memes in your posts.

Dear Leetic,

You are April Grey. April is an insecure 18 year old girl from New York.

She has had three boyfriends over the past few years, and all relationships has turned out poorly. She doesn't trust, and as such, has a habit of lying and making things up.

It has gotten to the point where no one is ever sure if April is telling the truth anymore.

You are the Town Liar. You will always show up as suspicious in cop checks.

Roleplay suggestion: April in unable to tell the truth, and makes things up. As such, I suggest you include made up scenarios in your posts.

Dear Etrian Oddity,

You are Liam Ford. Liam just spent the last 4 years at medical school, and was on a cruise to celebrate graduating before he returned and got to work.

Liam has always had an interest in helping those that need help. When he was just a kid, he fought to save a puppy that had been badly hurt. Now at 21, Liam helps people.

You are the Town Surgeon. At night, you may PM the host the name of a player, and that player will be unable to die that night.

Roleplay suggestion: Liam is a scifi fan. I suggest you include references to science fiction in your posts.

Dear Beck,

You are Amanda Brooks, a bright young 12 year old girl.

Amanda has always done well in school. In fact, she did so well in a recent test, that her brother took you on a celebratory cruise. she was on the way to a place that she has wanted to see since she was little.

Amanda has a vivid imagination, and this sometimes scares her, and more to the point, she is terrified of the dark. Being stranded on this island is an unusual situation for her, and so she sticks close to her brother.

You are the Town Sibling. You have a close bonded relationship with your brother, and can seen comfort in his love here. If anything happened to Alex, you are likely to be too upset to continue.

Roleplay suggestion: Amanda is nervous, and is scared of the dark. I suggest you act like you are afraid of the creatures that may be on the island, and act terrified at night.

Dear Elieson,

You are Alex Brooks.

Alex has worked hard to get where he is... At the young age of 19, he was already a successful businessman. He runs his own business, selling Video Games.

Alex always has a joke at hand, and that is what makes him easily likeable. He is able to see the humour in nearly any situation.

But the one thing Alex will not joke about is his baby sister, Amanda. He is very protective of her, and will drop everything to rush to her aid.

You are the Town Sibling. You have a close bonded relationship with your sister, and can console her here. If anything happened to little Amanda, you are likely to be too upset to continue.

Roleplay Suggestion: Alex has a good sense of humour and always has a joke at the ready. I suggest including jokes where you can in your posts.

The survivors have won the game.

I have to say that I am disappointed that the game only lasted three phases, but that is probably due to host mistakes in regards to balance. I did use a balance checker, but I may have still made plenty of mistakes. I am definitely willing to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

A big thank you again to Soulmaster and Rainbow Cloud for their assistance.

Is Murder, She Wrote a dead series? Actually, no. Zexy has offered to cohost the third version and we hope you all will give the series one more try.

Also important

NIGHT 1 ACTIONS

Zexy kills IGN
Kakashi checks Pikochu. Does not find him suspicious.
Pikochu follows Zexy. Finds he visits IGN.
EO protects EO.

Actions that count as suspicious:

Murder
Frame (Target, not user)
silence
Miller (always)
Roleblocker

What actions count as visiting:
Siblings (every night)
Roleblocker
Murder, Frame (user, not target), Silence
Doctor
Inspector
Role blocker

Well, this is it, people. It was hard for me to latch to a wagon d1 since there was no solid wagon, @Beck; was right in calling me jumpy (well played), with Beck/Elie in the opposition things would be hard for me... even more so now that they were lovers while two other people were claimed PRs I had to take care of before them. It was obvious you were both town you should've checked your Role PMs better. Guess "survivor" confused some of you into thinking you were indep.

I still believe the setup is unbalanced with Cop+Tracker+Roleblocker+Doctor+2 mutually confirmed people VS Miller (the only negative town role, that can still be claimed d1 and become a seriously good town role) and a murderer that could either kill or relinquish it for weaker powers (frame's very weak compared to kill, let's not get started on temp. silence, commuter is good and I knew from the first moment I would use it in my fakeclaim) but the lone scum still feels weak. And I don't think it's because I'm salty, I would probably break the setup open like the others if I were town with them.

I would like to see MSW balanced at last which is why I suggested Aussie that we co-host MSW3. NOC helped a bit I guess but still not enough.

Thanks for hosting, Aussie! Well played, town!

This is the original set up that I sent to the balance checker.

Steven Grey (18/M) - Town Romantic (Lover)
Scott Nelson (19/M) - Town Chef (Roleblocker)
Jason O'Neill (27/M) - Murder, Commute, Frame, silence (Choose one per night)
Liam Ford (21/M) - Town Slouch (Vanilla)

April Brooks (18/F) - Town Miller
Hikari Yamada (19/F) - Town Inspector (Cop - Suspicious and not suspicious variant)
Ashley O'Neill (20/F) - Town Watcher
Allana Smith (25/F) - Town Gamer (Vanilla)

Romantic would be required to couple with another player by the end of N1.

This is the original set up that I sent to the balance checker.

Steven Grey (18/M) - Town Romantic (Lover)
Scott Nelson (19/M) - Town Chef (Roleblocker)
Jason O'Neill (27/M) - Murder, Commute, Frame, silence (Choose one per night)
Liam Ford (21/M) - Town Slouch (Vanilla)

April Brooks (18/F) - Town Miller
Hikari Yamada (19/F) - Town Inspector (Cop - Suspicious and not suspicious variant)
Ashley O'Neill (20/F) - Town Watcher
Allana Smith (25/F) - Town Gamer (Vanilla)

Romantic would be required to couple with another player by the end of N1.
Hope the balance checkers don't get offended, but I think this is more balanced than the end product...

I think I found an Easter egg @AussieEevee;

Jason Smith was originally Jason O'Neill... is that the brother of Aisling O'Neill from the first game?
Interesting implication since I was the one to get both roles. Shame that surname wasn't kept in the final version of the game xD

edit: Ashely Snow was also O'Neill... feels like a dropped plot point, so much for it being a coincidence...

Last edited:
The killer should be able to pick two actions each night, that would make it more balanced IMO.

The killer should be able to pick two actions each night, that would make it more balanced IMO.
I believe the NK should be taken for granted in every game.
Kill + Frame or Kill + Full Silence would be more balanced than what we got. Still not enough to stop the town from breaking the game by massclaiming, though, there's the real problem I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom