• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Murder, She Wrote 2: Endgame: The Rescue and the convict

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered something else in case someone were to see me visiting IGN. By the time I claimed I was missing only Pikochu's claim and was willing to take the risk that Piko wasn't a Tracker/Watcher that actually targeted me/IGN last night. Because Tracker/Watcher would be "too OP" and even then the chances they picked the correct target were small. TOUGH LUCK :)

Well played all around.

Thank you for hosting, AE.

There are a number of suggestions I have regarding the design but first and foremost is the village's ability to clear itself through mass-claim, which is something that should always be avoided. There is nothing Zexy could have conceivably done to avoid being outed in this regard. This is why Vanillagers are a must in every setup (lest anyone argues otherwise). I understand that it's nice to give everyone a PR, but Vanillagers are perhaps the most undervalued and overpowered role in the game.

Take some of my remarks with a grain of salt, though, please. At its core game design should revolve around the player-base you're designing for -- a game hosted here will be designed differently than a game designed for MU, or NC, or POG, or elsewhere.

Again, thank you for hosting and letting me play. If you want another set of eyes for v3.0 please let me know!

Wow. I think I almost single highhandedly won the game. Just kidding.

Honestly, when I tracked Zexy, it was just me being peusdorandom since I didn't have any leads as to whom to target. When i got the result that Zexy visited IGN and IGN got killed, I had an angling that Zexy is scum. However, I didn't have concrete proof that Zexy was indeed scum. When it was suggested that we mass claim, I did all I can to claim after Zexy so I can call BS. And boy, that worked.

Had we not done the mass claim, I would have tracked Zexy again for Night 2 to have solid evidence that he is indeed scum.

Anyways, good game to all and sorry that I cut your time as scum short Zexy.

Thoughts:

Make SK a full godfather. Then fakeclaiming is easier and makes town "dubious inspector" less of a threat+more of a role designed to hurt town by outting info for SK publically that SK could not ordinarily gain on their own.

I knew Beck and I were lovers, i just suspected possible mixed alignments due to AE swearing ip and down about "this game being different". Plus after SWRMM, my opinion on Lovers was a bit bias. Neighbor/possible mason was a sweet fakeclaim imo and lets us not be the target for investigation but also sets us up for a kill priority, letting town investigation be better at doing its job by reducing variables faster. Fwiw i crumbed somewhere that very information so go find it :)

Leetic was fucking incredible and deserves some gold stars. IGN DID WELL imo. ME saved the EO slot hardcore by playing well, so the sub in is appreciatwd and should not go unacknowledged by players.

SK needed to multiact and also be aware that a tracker existed, so they could play accordingly as godfather but also act accordingly knowing how punishable early multitargeting could be. Game was well balnced for Town, the SK was just a bit weak.

Overall had fun and sorry if i was a jerk to you zexy but YOU AINT GONNA KEEP A ONE-UP ON ME! ILL ALWAYS CATCH YOU even though pikochu caught you and kakashi confirmed pikochu so all i really did was townfirm beck and myself and shoot lots of hot air but ILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO TELL TOWN ABOUT THESE THINGS SO THEY DO NOT MAKES MISTAKES KEEP UP THE ETERNAL RIVALRY WITH ME BECAUSE I WILL WITH YOU

I'm curious, what did everyone think of the characters and role play suggestions?

Admittedly the PMs were shorter than I intended, and had less back story for the characters than I intended, but what did you think of what I did have?
They were good, although I think roleplay suggestions themselves may not be the best of mechanics. It's like post restrictions but more vageuly defined.

Why did you write the O'Neills out? :(

Over all thoughts on this game:

The problem of the SK carried over from MSW I, which is to say that SK could either perform his kill or use an ability. For this game to work, especially with a Town as powerful as you created, the SK needs to be able to do both. SK does not have a team to back him up, and with 7 townies vs 1 SK, the SK is almost universally going to use their NK, because as it stands, the Town can afford quite a few mislynches even with the NK going through.
None of the SK's abilities or powers help him achieve his win condition directly, which is another reason they'll always go for the kill.

Over all, though, this was a fun game, and I enjoyed playing it. I'm never really a big fan of subbing in, as opposed to starting the game from the beginning, but I was able to save my ass from being lynched on D2 again, so I think that went well.

As far as flavor and roleplay suggestions, I had fun with mine, but that's because I personally love sci-fi...it seems that I only get post restrictions or roleplay suggestions that fit in with me personally..

My post restriction (being serious) was quite easy to follow. I didn't really think twice before posting something to make sure it fits the restriction because most things just would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom