• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
So, is no gonna found out about the naming of Marshadow? being a ghost/fighting that relates to having Martial Arts and a shadow could be a pun on shadowboxing.

More than likely it's Mars (the Roman god of war and a planet in our solar system) + Shadow, which explains the Ghost/Fighting type equally well but also connects it to the astrology themes being developed in S/M

The leaker said "Wimpod is the Magikarp equivalent of Alola, evolves once. Salandit evolves once, but it isn't through leveling, and it should be pretty good in competitive. Jangmo-o is the pseudo, evolves twice, and has a few references to a certain anime on his final evolution."

Now what anime can Jangmo-o's evo refer to? An anime with warrior dragons? DragonBallZ has wish granting dragons. DragonQuest?

And apparently, if Marshadow looks something like this as the leaker pointed, I will be very verrryyyy disappointed -
http://i.********/vp/1473905528787.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering, why do people think the Riddler is legit? I ask because, to me, they seem to be giving absolute non-info that people can interpret in any way they want. Have they leaked anything solid?

Things they have hinted to before they were revealed:
  • Solgaleo and Lunala (showed a Litleo and a Zubat, indicating it's a lion and a bat).
  • Mimikyu (showed a Pikachu wearing a tablecloth).
  • Tapu Koko (showed the word 'koko')
  • Pyukumuku (showed hands playing rock/paper/scissors and organs, Pyukumuku makes a hand with its organs).
  • Sandygast and Palossand (showed a sandcastle + a shovel).
  • Aether Foundation and the UB's (showed Aristoteles + the words "4 elements - 5th element - celestial body - hole - hyperspace". Fifth element is Aether and UB-01 comes out of a hole from hyperspace).
  • Team Skull (showed a cloth with a skeleton on it).
  • There being more professors in Alola, like Professor Burnet (He asked: How many professors are there in Alola? 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?).
So yeah, pretty sure they're legit. Have a look at the OP if you want to see the pictures they've shown.

For normal pokemon and Manaphy. But for the legendaries and other mythicals, it won't happen in-game and that is how it is.
I remember when people said that about Legendaries and gender...and then eventually gender ratios. And when people said that about legendaries hatching out of eggs. Or evolving past the final stage. Or breaking the 4-move limit.

And of course, we've never had any sort of hint in previous generations that a mythical Pokemon might have mutated from something else. Legendaries certainly never got form changes that conceptually, could have been evolutions themselves since they increase base stats and give new moves...nope, none at all.

Last edited:
The leaker said "Wimpod is the Magikarp equivalent of Alola, evolves once. Salandit evolves once, but it isn't through leveling, and it should be pretty good in competitive. Jangmo-o is the pseudo, evolves twice, and has a few references to a certain anime on his final evolution."

Now what anime can Jangmo-o's evo refer to? An anime with warrior dragons? DragonBallZ has wish granting dragons. DragonQuest?

And apparently, if Marshadow looks something like this as the leaker pointed, I will be very verrryyyy disappointed -
No, none of this. The leaker admitted he made it up and people in this thread have pointed it out too.

I remember when people said that about Legendaries and gender...and then eventually gender ratios. And when people said that about legendaries hatching out of eggs. Or evolving past the final stage. Or breaking the 4-move limit.

And of course, we've never had any sort of hint in previous generations that a mythical Pokemon might have mutated from something else. Legendaries certainly never got form changes that conceptually, could have been evolutions themselves since they increase base stats and give new moves...
Legendaries never needed evolutions as they are complete pokemon as some would put it. Yes, some have genders but the whole point of legendary pokemon is to obtain one per game. Legendaries could breed but not in the game itself. Manaphy was the one and only exception but Phione doesn't evolve into it anyway.

The leaker also mentioned that there's a Battle Tower clone with a Battle Factory mode. The random battle option is basically like the PWT with its random tournament mode.

Legendaries never needed evolutions as they are complete pokemon as some would put it. Yes, some have genders but the whole point of legendary pokemon is to obtain one per game. Legendaries could breed but not in the game itself. Manaphy was the one and only exception but Phione doesn't evolve into it anyway.
Might I point out the beauty that is Mewtwo and its two unnecessary Mega Evolutions? I don't think not needing evolutions really stops Gamefreak from making them.

On top of what @Oriden had mentioned, can I point out that we literally had a legendary whose entire thing was "not being complete", a legendary who receives a purely cosmetic form change for the purpose of communicating that its previous form wasn't its complete battle-ready form, a mythical Pokemon whose entire back story is that its power is locked away, and therefore isn't in its "complete" state, and two Legendary Pokemon who were literally retcon'd to not be in their "complete" state until they absorbed enough natural energy to unleash their true forms, and another mythical Pokemon whose Mega Evolution heavily implies that its Mega form is more true to its power by removing the impurities from its body.

Whether the rumors of Solgaleo and Lunaala having pre-evolutions are true or not, your whole "its never going to happen" attitude really has nothing to go on other than "they haven't done it yet". There's a lot of things Game Freak hasn't done with legendaries, it doesn't mean that they won't.

The "they are complete" argument falls flat given that as early as Gen IV, legendaries have been getting form changes within the same generation that were obviously better in terms of battle (i.e., Shaymin)--and that's not even looking at the fact that so many legendaries were designed under the idea that the form presented isn't their final form.

Last edited:

Haha, good old Tentaquil still shows up once in a while.

Things they have hinted to before they were revealed:
  • Solgaleo and Lunala (showed a Litleo and a Zubat, indicating it's a lion and a bat).
  • Mimikyu (showed a Pikachu wearing a tablecloth).
  • Tapu Koko (showed the word 'koko')
  • Pyukumuku (showed hands playing rock/paper/scissors and organs, Pyukumuku makes a hand with its organs).
  • Sandygast and Palossand (showed a sandcastle + a shovel).
  • Aether Foundation and the UB's (showed Aristoteles + the words "4 elements - 5th element - celestial body - hole - hyperspace". Fifth element is Aether and UB-01 comes out of a hole from hyperspace).
  • Team Skull (showed a cloth with a skeleton on it).
  • There being more professors in Alola, like Professor Burnet (He asked: How many professors are there in Alola? 1 or 2 or 3 or 4?).
So yeah, pretty sure they're legit. Have a look at the OP if you want to see the pictures they've shown.

could there be 4 UBs then?

Not sure if this has been posted, but my friend found this thread.

/vp/ - Come Aboard - Pokémon - 4chan

I personally don't believe most of it because of a couple points, but I thought it was worth sharing.

At this point I'm pretty convinced that UB-02 Absorbtion is Gladion because they clearly both have those pointy black shoulder pads. Even if they're not as instantly recognizable as counterparts as Lillie/UB-01 and Lusamine/UB-O2 Beauty I still think Gladion and Absorbtion have at least that trait in common. Spiky black shoulder pads seems like a strange thing to just coincidentally have in common don't you think?

I feel like the "leaker" made a big slip up by calling UB-02 Absorbtion a "complete amalgam of various animals".

Last edited:
I feel like the "leaker" made a big slip up by calling UB-02 Absorbtion a "complete amalgam of various animals".

Probably because Gladion uses Null?
The whole Butterfree thing.. Also, it's not like there is anything impressive in it, but we'll know on the 20th due to that bug PKMN he/she mentioned.

Can we please just have picture leaks? We went from text leaks to discussion leaks which is just way more text. >_<

Also, that recent discussion leak is so fake. I haven't read it all the way through to know that it's completely untrue.

Can we please just have picture leaks? We went from text leaks to discussion leaks which is just way more text. >_<

Also, that recent discussion leak is so fake. I haven't read it all the way through to know that it's completely untrue.
Trust me, there are no picture leaks. Those are going on extinction.

Anyway here's a list of what the GFExe leaker's claims

fFGnbJy.png

Personally I liked what he put down, but then he screwed it up by saying there are only 2 trial captians and 2-3 totem pokemon on each island. How could you have screwed up that one easy detail that everyone knows. We all know that Akala has potentially 4 captains. Come on.

Last edited:
The whole Butterfree thing.. Also, it's not like there is anything impressive in it, but we'll know on the 20th due to that bug PKMN he/she mentioned.

I only have Knightwolf09's compilation image to go off of because I can't access the site myself right now, but unless the leaker elaborated any further than "a Bug-type Pokémon will be revealed in the trailer," then it's not a particularly large point in their favor even if it's true. It would be a point in their favor, but not much of one - if they reveal any new Pokémon at all, then there is a decent chance it could be a Bug-type (especially if they formally reveal Cutiefly's evolution as lots of people already expect them to). So if there isn't a Bug-type, then it's definitely fake, but it's still not confirmed real if there is one, especially if any other information happens to contradict it.

Not that I think this one is real anyway. It reeks of fanwank and says there are only two Captains per island, which we already know is false.

Back
Top Bottom