• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games #Pokemon20 Trainer Battles - Night 0: Role Creation and confirmation phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Welcome everyone to another AussieEevee production, featuring @TheCapsFan as cohost.

This is it, folks. The 20th anniversary of Pokemon, and the 7th generation of the main series games. So to celebrate, we are having a trainer battle.

This is a different kind of mafia game. Please pay close attention to the mechanics list.

Please sign up in thread, then submit your character to Molten Eevee And TheCapsFan via private message.

Your character can be any named character from the Pokemon Franchise or from the AussieVerse. Please do not submit Ash or his counterparts (Red, Gold, Lucas, etc) though.

1. You may not copy and paste any host provided material.

2. You can claim whatever you want, but there may be consequences to doing so.
a. Characters are referred to by name in the flavour.

3. No outside communications unless provided by the hosts.

4. No loopholes.

5. Day and night phased are 48/24 hours respectively.

1. Once you submit your character, three pokemon will be assigned to it based on your characters personality. These pokemon will have between 1 and 4 attacks assigned to it, as well as a combat ability.

Please be aware that if someone else submitsthe same character, or the hosts have reason to switch it out, you will be assigned a host assigned character.

2. Types effectiveness are gen 6.

3. You earn XP for each constructive post during the day phase. XP increases the chance that your active pokemon will evolve during the night. XP resets with each dawn, and inactive pokemon are unable to evolve.

4. Day phase works by voting in thread. Each vote against a player will deal 1hp of damage against that player's active pokemon.

5. Night phase works a little differently.You have multiple actions you may take. You may choose one.

a. Change pokemon. You may tell us to change your active pokemon. Please be aware that changing pokemon works the same as it does in games.

b. You may choose to use your Trainer Power. Refer to your role pms for more info.

c. Use a move. You may choose to use one of your active pokemon's attacks. In the case of targetted attacks, you also specify the player, and you will attack their primary pokemon.

5. Status effects may be in the game.
a. Paralyzed pokemon have a 50/50 chance to attack but are also slowed.
b. Burned/poisoned pokemon take 1hp of damage every phase until it wears off, unless healed.
c. Frozen/Sleeping pokemon are unable to attack for a set duration.
d. Confused pokemon have a 50% chance of attacking the wrong pokemon. Who they attack will be rnged, and can include themselves.

Evolving will end the effect early.

6. Type resistence, immunity and weaknesses work the same as they do in ORAS. Steel pokemon can not be poisoned, for example and ground attacks can not hit flying pokemon. Please refer to bulbapedia for more information.

7. When a pokemon faints, you must choose a new active pokemon. This does not use up your turn.

A player is eliminated from the game when they lose all three of their pokemon or nothing can stop that from happening.

If a pokemon is due to faint but evolves, they will survive with 1hp remaining.

8. You win when your team is the last one standing.
a. Teams will be divided up based on how many players sign up.

9. All moves have a priority number between 1 and 5. Higher numbered moves, such as Quick Attack, are processed before lower numbered moves.

PLAYERS
1. @Elementar
2. @FinalArcadia
3. @Zexy
4. @Slife
5. @Space
6. @Calvin ッ
7. @WolfOwl
8. @Ghostly
9. @Etrian Oddity

SUBs

Spectators

Informed Observers
1. @Maniacal Engineer

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Night 0 will begin: 17th November.

EDIT:

Flavour text will contain character and pokemon names and ALL actions will be referenced in the flavour text.

However, in order to target, you must use the PLAYER name. Eg

Use Flamethrower on TheCapsFan

... Please don't target the hosts.

Good luck.

*Like Evolution, you have a chance of receiving an item at night. This chance is increased based on constructive posting.
*The item you get will be random, and based on a host-only list.
*Items can be traded (Does not use your turn) or used (uses your turn) only at night.
*Evolutions caused by an item will increase your chance is evolution to 100%, and branched evolutions will go in the direction of the item (With some exceptions. These will be noted by the hosts if you receive an item). You can't use an evolution item if your pokemon can't use it in the games. Evolution still happens at the end of the night phase, though.
*A couple of host created items are in the game to account for certain game mechanics that can't be replicated here.

Last edited:
in.
but red is a named character as the final boss of GSC?
and gold was always called ethan according to gamefreak, gold was unofficial, as was (and still is) silver,

Really looking forward to seeing these mechanics in actions, in please!

That XP mechanic sounds strangly familiar... :p

Oh, and I would indeed like to participate. Expect to receive a character PM shortly... Though I must ask, @Molten Eevee, are spin-off game characters allowed to be picked? I am curious.

• Staff
in.
but red is a named character as the final boss of GSC?
and gold was always called ethan according to gamefreak, gold was unofficial, as was (and still is) silver,
Red, Ethan/Gold, etc are Ash counterparts. Silver isn't, and is acceptable.

*turns hat backwards* Time to battle!

/in
I still need a character submission from you.

Though I must ask, @Molten Eevee, are spin-off game characters allowed to be picked? I am curious.

You can pick any character from the pokemon franchise, or the AussieVerse.

I should clarify it as HUMAN character that has a name.

So anything from TCG, Manga, Anime, the main series games, pokemon ranger, pokemon XD, etc etcetc.

The only exception is that you can't choose an Ash counterpart. These are generally the male protagonists from the main games, manga, etc.

Just noticed, above the edit is the N0 start, don't expect a role confirmation from me in a short amount of time. The 17th is my birthday, so I thought I'd let you know of my absence on that day.

Just noticed, above the edit is the N0 start, don't expect a role confirmation from me in a short amount of time. The 17th is my birthday, so I thought I'd let you know of my absence on that day.

Role PMs will probably go out a week or so in advance anyway, so feel free to submit your N0 action (Which is choosing your pokemon) and confirming before time.

I want to give people time to ask questions about their role PMs if need be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom