• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I lost interest in Pokémon fanfiction a long time ago. Can anyone direct me to a good Pokémon/Digimon crossover, please? Or a good Fullmetal Alchemist roleswap fanfic that actually went somewhere, for that matter?

I sort of lost interest in Digimon, it's just that I like crossovers. Charizard vs. Greymon is my favourite episode of Death Battle. I've also lost interest in Pokémon, though, so go figure.

Well, the thing with my Two Perfect Cowards fan-fic is that it isn't much of a fan-fic. It's a story about fear and what it can do to you, not about Pokémons. The concept I had in mind for the story was suitable to use in the world of Pokémon and I don't have to work out the world because Game Freak already did that. Really, TPC is a finger practice for the original work I have up in my sleeve.

There is also that other fan-fic I have started but not finished; a Hexen fan-fic and massive bonus points if you recognize the name. Hexen is a video game from 1997 made by Raven Software. The concept of that fan-fic (Hexen - A world of fools) is about four idiots, each with their own specific flaws, forced to save the realm together. The necromancer is extremely depressive and worships the enemy. The big badass knight is a coward; she instantly hares away at the merest sign of opposition (yes, my huge powerful knight is a woman). The Crusader is a morose pervert. He also gets easily confused when there are more than two beings standing in front of him, with disaster following as he can't see the difference between friend and foe. The Assassin is more likely to halt any combat to start up a bickering with her fellowship. The whole joke of that tale is that they are each other's worst enemies and their achievements are the result of pure luck. Since I have the prologue and first chapter done I suppose I could post it here.

Oh, I think I wandered off again.
Sounds like 8-bit theater.

I really don't know what's happening to me. My warship names in the current Space Empires V game are getting steadily sillier - I've gone from the likes of Audacious, Defence and Valiant to Crushinator, Kit-Kat, and Funky Monkey
That's like me with nicknaming Pokémon. You ought to introduce those warships to my Gyarados, Gyary Busey. :p

Think of nicknaming your pokemons with the name of battleships, and command them in battle......

"Ostfriesland, fire Missile Pin!"

I rather imagined a fleet war scene in WWI instead of a friendly pokemon battle.
**BTW, Ostfriesland was indeed a battleship featured during WWI**

Think of nicknaming your pokemons with the name of battleships, and command them in battle......

"Ostfriesland, fire Missile Pin!"

I rather imagined a fleet war scene in WWI instead of a friendly pokemon battle.
**BTW, Ostfriesland was indeed a battleship featured during WWI**
So are we giving our battleships pokemon names? (Hmmm... USS Athena. I like the sound of that)

I just asked about naming a battleship the SS Mgikarp only to be told that's a steam ship.

The wittiest thing I've ever named something in a video game is when I named a Deviljho "Gherkin" in Monster Hunter Stories. I only learned yesterday that comparing Deviljho to a pickle is a meme. It was even referenced in-game!

Isn't there a Magikarp boat in Seafolk Village?

Also, I once read a Tumblr post about disabled Pokémon Trainer headcanons, and one of them was that the first person to find the Regis was blind. Someone should write a fanfic about that.

I'm not sure what part of that you're asking about.

There's this great Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon fan animation (specifically a MAD, but I can't remember what that means) set to "Ashita no Hikari" (Light of Tomorrow) by AAA, the second opening of this anime called World Trigger. Unfortunately, I can't find an English translation of it anywhere on the internet, so I've decided to look for someone who can translate it so I can put closed captions on the video. Of course, first I'd have to ask the uploader to enable that.

kyou mo LOOP shiteru
"Tomorrow will loop (infinitely)"? (In the Japanese version of the lyrics, the "oo" in "loop" is the infinity symbol.)

aoi bokura
"Blue us"? ("Aoi" can also mean "naive", apparently, but the kanji used here means "blue".)

nigenai nido to
"Won't escape again"?

yume kara samete mata yume
RIARU ni todokanakute

"Awake from dreams and arrive in reality"? "RIARU" must be "real", as it's written as a reading for kanji meaning "existing" and "truth" a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom